PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Shopping Question

alwweb
05-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Hi! When you shop, how long should you wait before you send an email to question the credit?

Also, is shopping through the link sufficient, or do you need to use the same email address as well?

Thanks.
Ann

mollyeilis
05-27-2007, 12:54 AM
When I have successfully shopped through SR (twice), I have seen the *pending* credits in about 7 days (longer when I got Crocs, shorter buying prints from Snapfish). The pending credits are pending for...21 days, I think? After that point, they are added to your total (unlike another site where you see your TOTAL, but when you look further you see that not everything is immediately redeemable and it's frustrating).

I think I saw a post by sunshinegirl herself that she has never used the email she signed up with, when doing offers and shopping (I think). So it doesn't *seem* that you have to use the same email.

One little extra for ya. Don't use codes that aren't through the site itself or through the SR link. To explain, I'll tell you what I did right before finding out that it was wrong. Just so happened that SR had a code for a discount from a site I was going to use. I wrote down the codes (there were two, one was better than the other) b/c I take notes on everything. When I finally went to shop, it was the last day that the better code was active. As I went through SR, I just barely noticed that the good code wasn't on the link anymore. I just went through, then entered the code at checkout. It was a fabulous dollar off offer, I don't regret using it (though in retrospect I should have put the "savings" aside). BUT it kept the site from crediting me through SR, because I used a code not from SR and that didn't automatically show up on the shopping site.

So don't do that. :)

alwweb
05-27-2007, 09:54 AM
When I have successfully shopped through SR (twice), I have seen the *pending* credits in about 7 days (longer when I got Crocs, shorter buying prints from Snapfish). The pending credits are pending for...21 days, I think? After that point, they are added to your total (unlike another site where you see your TOTAL, but when you look further you see that not everything is immediately redeemable and it's frustrating).

I think I saw a post by sunshinegirl herself that she has never used the email she signed up with, when doing offers and shopping (I think). So it doesn't *seem* that you have to use the same email.

One little extra for ya. Don't use codes that aren't through the site itself or through the SR link. To explain, I'll tell you what I did right before finding out that it was wrong. Just so happened that SR had a code for a discount from a site I was going to use. I wrote down the codes (there were two, one was better than the other) b/c I take notes on everything. When I finally went to shop, it was the last day that the better code was active. As I went through SR, I just barely noticed that the good code wasn't on the link anymore. I just went through, then entered the code at checkout. It was a fabulous dollar off offer, I don't regret using it (though in retrospect I should have put the "savings" aside). BUT it kept the site from crediting me through SR, because I used a code not from SR and that didn't automatically show up on the shopping site.

So don't do that. :)

Thank you so much for all of the information. I will remember the code thing.

Ann