PDA

View Full Version : Well, since apparently you can get rewards for death

Hedy
11-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Is there any chance we'll get any rewards for any tax sites? (My guess is it'd be a Q1 offer, but I figure I might as well ask. :D)

JillyFish
11-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Is there any chance we'll get any rewards for any tax sites? (My guess is it'd be a Q1 offer, but I figure I might as well ask. :D)

Don't have the answer, but your question made me laugh. It made me think of the quote from Benjamin Franklin....."In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes."

Surely we should be able to get cash back for the two most certain things in life! :rotfl:

Seems to me though that there was an offer for a tax prep service last year.

m 'n c
11-19-2007, 10:16 AM
There was a freebie offer last year for $1 for TaxAct or TaxBrain I think or something similar. :)

SunshineGirl
11-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Yes and no. LOL! You can't get credit for the amount that you have to pay, but you can definitely get credit for filing. We will have quite a few of these in January. If you pay to file (I think TurboTax maybe?), you actually get a percentage of your filing fee.

Hedy
11-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Yes and no. LOL! You can't get credit for the amount that you have to pay, but you can definitely get credit for filing. We will have quite a few of these in January. If you pay to file (I think TurboTax maybe?), you actually get a percentage of your filing fee.

Good to know-I knew I saw some last year, but I thought things may have changed.

Don't have the answer, but your question made me laugh. It made me think of the quote from Benjamin Franklin....."In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes."

Surely we should be able to get cash back for the two most certain things in life! :rotfl:

Seems to me though that there was an offer for a tax prep service last year.
And JillyFish wins the guess the allusion prize. :D

m 'n c
11-19-2007, 11:31 AM
If nothing else office depot should be selling Turbo Tax along with other tax software that you can get shopping credits back for.

Blessing and Miracle
11-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Turbo tax is already listed under shopping. You get two dollars back.