PDA

View Full Version : Cashing out w/ Paypal?

msu_spartan_jen
05-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Anyone know how long it takes for your money to be transfered over to paypal? I transfered some this past Thursday, the 24th, and it has yet to come over, however in my account history it says it's completed, and "paid." Anyone use this method before? Any help would be appreciated! I don't want my money to be lost in oblivion!

Thanks,
Jen

SunshineGirl
05-28-2007, 10:23 AM
I had a little fraud issue with Paypal last week that I am trying to clear out before I process anymore. A couple of members who cashed out for Paypal that I am 99% sure fraudulently signed up for offers. I think I'm going to have to cancel the whole batch and then process the non-fraudulent ones manually. Don't worry, yours is NOT one of the ones I am worried about. LOL!

Mandi
05-28-2007, 11:54 AM
I've got a question, Tricia. If we cash out with paypal instead of doing Disney gc's or whatever, are we charged a fee through paypal? I know that when pinecone pays for their survey's, I'm not charged a fee. Just curious. :)

SunshineGirl
05-28-2007, 11:56 AM
You should not be charged a fee. I pay with cash in the account rather than a credit card, which I think sometimes triggers a fee for some people. The only time that I have ever heard of someone being charged a fee was when they had an unverified Paypal account.

msu_spartan_jen
05-28-2007, 12:30 PM
:cooldance:

I checked my email this morning and it confirmed my cashout being in paypal! Thank you so much Sunshine Girl!! Glad to hear I wasn't one of the people being checked for the fraud offers. I really only try to do the free surveys and offers and such, I don't sign up for many of the free trials. :o) Now I am off to buy goodies from PetSmart for our new puppy that's coming in June!

Thanks again for offering such a great website!

Jen

Mandi
05-28-2007, 12:41 PM
You should not be charged a fee. I pay with cash in the account rather than a credit card, which I think sometimes triggers a fee for some people. The only time that I have ever heard of someone being charged a fee was when they had an unverified Paypal account.

I'm verified so I should be all good should I chose to do paypal. Thanks a bunch for your (as usual) quick answer. :)

msu_spartan_jen
05-28-2007, 03:36 PM

Hey, just a heads up. I had to go into my account and "accept" the payment, when I did, it took out a fee of $1.75. That's not a lot, just wanted to let you know, no big deal. And as far as I know I am a confirmed member. Have been with paypal for quite a few years now.

Thanks,
Jen

wilsonfamily4
05-28-2007, 06:02 PM

If you have a paypal account that is set up to take any type of card from ebay they WILL take a fee out. Just a heads up. Now if I decided to not sell on ebay i could take that off and then I wouldn't get charged. It just depends on the account you have through paypal. I have been thinking of switching back to not accepting cards because I have lost quite a few dollars over time to cashing out to paypal.

sunmagic
05-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Does your spouse have a Paypal account?

Because you can have more than one per household. Since I accept credit cards and therefore get charged a fee, I always get my rewards earnings sent to my husband's Paypal account ~ because he just has the basic one that can receive money without a fee.

msu_spartan_jen
05-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Hmm I did not know that about paypal with accepting credit cards and getting the fee. I do often sell through ebay so I will accept cards through there so that explains it! Thank you very much! I did not know that! :o)

SunshineGirl
05-28-2007, 08:12 PM
This is good information. And it explains why I have had just a handful of emails over the last year that say "X has accepted your payment." I'm always like--"Of course they did, why wouldn't they??" Now it makes sense. They give you the choice of whether you want to accept it if it is going to cost you a fee.

wilsonfamily4
05-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Does your spouse have a Paypal account?

Because you can have more than one per household. Since I accept credit cards and therefore get charged a fee, I always get my rewards earnings sent to my husband's Paypal account ~ because he just has the basic one that can receive money without a fee.

I tried to make a regular account but we only have one bank account and they said only one paypal account could be linked to it. So I gave up on that. Would love it if I could get that to work though. Am getting tired of losing about 5 percent to paypal.

ChickiePants
05-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Actually, if you have it set up as a Basic account, they take 4.9% whereas if you have a Business account, they take 1.9-2.9% (+.30 for both). I sell zines and books online as well as stuff on Ebay, so I have a Business account (it seemed like the cheaper way to go when a lot of people use card to buy my stuff). Sadly, I've just learned to deal with it because I like using my debit card to buy groceries and stuff. Oh well, c'est la vie!