PDA

View Full Version : How to use coupons when shopping

sunmagic
05-28-2007, 07:59 PM
I am still not clear on the coupons thing.

I got an email with a % off code in it from a store I order from. Can I use this when I order through my Sunshine link? It is NOT the same code as is on the SR website. Also, what about when stores send out a "free shipping" code? Is that allowable?

Can anyone answer this? It's a good coupon and I hate to waste it, but I don't want to lose my SR shopping credit either.

SunshineGirl
05-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Your best bet is to clear your cookies, click on our shopping link, THEN use the code at the end. Depending on the merchant, it may or may not work. Worst-case scenario, you get to use your good code. Best case, the merchant gives us the credit, too.

I know that Shoebuy will NOT give the credit, but Disney usually does. I think Kohls gives it but then takes it away later. I'm not positive on the others.

jnorth1007
05-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Anytime you use a coupon that isn't offered on the sunshine site or on the actually merchants site as a general coupon you take a chance that you won't be credited. Sometimes you may still get credit but there isn't a way to guarantee or know ahead of time if you will. Its a crap shoot really! HTH! Sunshine girl will correct me if Im wrong I am sure (Man I say that alot, I guess it is my disclaimer that I have been known to be wrong sometimes (shhhh don't tell DH))

jnorth1007
05-28-2007, 08:13 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: Ok Tricia and I must be reading posts at the same time and replying because I have been right behind her on every post so far

SunshineGirl
05-28-2007, 08:14 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: Ok Tricia and I must be reading posts at the same time and replying because I have been right behind her on every post so far

The best part about it is that you are always exactly right. LOL! I'm going to have to start paying you to answer questions for me. :)

jnorth1007
05-28-2007, 08:18 PM
:rotfl: I work for Mickey Bars or LapuLapus or pennies even!!! I also spend wayyyyy too much time on here. Scary when I log in and all of the current posts have my name on them. Time to sign off at that point and go smell the flowers.

~Kathie
07-05-2007, 12:22 AM
I know that Shoebuy will NOT give the credit, but Disney usually does. I think Kohls gives it but then takes it away later. I'm not positive on the others.

Sunshine Rewards Tips and Tricks For Getting the Most Out of Your Shopping

1) Clear cookies before starting

2) Do not put items in your shopping cart before clicking on the Sunshine Rewards link for a particular merchant. Some merchants will not give credit if items are in your cart before you click on our link.

3) Only use coupon codes from Sunshine Rewards. If you use a coupon code that is listed on another website or in an email directly from a merchant, the merchant reserves the right not to pay a commission. You can, however, use codes that are listed on their site.

4) Always save your confirmation emails in case we need to dispute credit with the merchant.

5) The 10 newest coupons loaded into our database are always listed on our homepage.

Does this apply to Shoebuy also?? They have a coupon listed on their home page for 15% off.

Thanks!

jnorth1007
07-05-2007, 09:34 AM
As long as it is listed on the website when you click on it through SR you can use it. It just cant be a coupon you get from an outside source. As long as it is a general code listed on their website you should be ok.

disneynut
07-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Sometime coupon orders will credit and others wont. My general rule of thumb is if the coupon is more than the SR % I will go ahead and use and still hope for credit. If I get it, then it is a bonus if not I still made out better. KWIM?