PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted

SunshineGirl
11-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Did anyone see Enchanted this weekend? I loved it!! Did you recognize the receptionist? I thought that the way that Disney kind of poked fun at itself was cute. I would definitely have to give it a thumbs up for entertaining everyone in our family--the grandparents, parents, and kids alike.

Lisaj68
11-25-2007, 12:36 PM
good to know!

We are all heading to the theater in about 2 1/2 hours to see it!!!

pbhall13
11-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Saw it yesterday with my girls and my mom..........I have to say I loved it!!! They were even talking about it on our way back from church this morning.

Who is the receptionist...she did look familiar, but I couldn't place her!

SunshineGirl
11-25-2007, 12:58 PM
I'll give you a hint. Among Disney fans, she is better known for her voice.

pbhall13
11-25-2007, 01:05 PM
okay..............ariel!!!! I just read an article today in the Sunday paper about the girl who is starring on Broadway and she loved Jodi Bennet (I think that is her name).

Thanks for the little hint to help me with my memory

Riyaa
11-25-2007, 01:08 PM
I want to see this! The previews have been hilarious! I'll have to see if there's a mommy movie showing around here so I can take my toddler and newborn.

ItsmeSunnyV
11-25-2007, 02:23 PM
I want to see this one also... Maybe I can convince DH to take us today. :angel:

LauraLea
11-25-2007, 04:39 PM
My mom, my sister and i went Friday. It was soooooooo good. We really enjoyed it. This will be a DVD I will have to have.

Laura

disney_girl
11-25-2007, 06:09 PM
Looks like a good one to see- glad to hear the great reviews! Jodi Bennett was on our cruise last October- she is soo nice (and of course sings great!)!

Lisaj68
11-25-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm so glad what Tricia referred to in her original post was answered. I had NO idea who she was and even sat through the credits thinking I would recognize her name. Call me clueless!!!

askomsky
11-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Now I really can't wait to see it!!! Believe it or not it was released the day before we left Disney to come home and here's the shocking part.... DH realized it and said he wanted to take the kids to go see it!!! Dh is very frugal so for him to bring it up (which I had already planned to take the kids) is shocking! I'm so glad to hear it's entertaining for the whole family, now I really can't wait until next weekend to go!!!

arob414
11-25-2007, 08:30 PM
We saw it, Thursday and loved it. It will be on the dvd list for Easter or whenever it comes out. Didn't mind looking at Dr. McDreamy, either.

Off topic, I am having computer trouble. I can get the girls on the internet but while mine "thinks" it is there, it ain't. And, SR is acting really weird. Can't tell if it is DD9's computer or SR. Can't use smilies. :( Home page is strange, too.

linanglab
11-26-2007, 07:29 AM
We saw this on Saturday. It was SOOO cute! I really think they made a mistake in casting. I would have made a VERY good Giselle! LOL I wish I knew about the receptionist before I went! Can't wait until it comes out on DVD.

wilsonfamily4
11-26-2007, 12:22 PM
I saw it Friday as well and loved it. My husband was the one saying we should take the kids! He never sees chick flicks. And it ended up DS3 was invited to something else so we just took our DD5. That was such a fun date night. Disney did a wonderful job poking fun at themselves without losing any of the magic. I also liked that they chose a girl with red hair and freckles. She is VERY beautiful but not the normal hollywood beauty. My kids have red hair so it was fun to see.

Hedy
03-30-2008, 07:08 PM
I FINALLY saw it on DVD. I was worried I wouldn't like it as I'd looked so forward to it, but I loved it. I thought Amy Adams and Idina Menzel were great (I heart Idina :love: :love:). It was also kind of cool because I've been the places in the movie, which made it more entertaining (I actually originally saw the preview at the Planet Hollywood in NYC-which was kid of cool-it looks over Times Square). And (of course) I'm always in favor of another red headed princess. :D

m 'n c
03-30-2008, 09:27 PM
It just arrived Friday via Netflix so I'm going to try and steal the tv from mike in a bit to watch it.

MooseBrains
04-05-2008, 04:15 PM
I rented this and watched it at home with DS. He even liked it! It was cute but I am glad I rented rather than buying.