PDA

View Full Version : Big screw up - Mine

m4travels
11-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, we leave on Saturday for Orlando to start the getaway. Sunday through Wednesday on the ship and then Thursday through Saturday at Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

Went to get everything in order: Plane tickets (free because we were bumped on our return trip last October), travel documents for the ship, a list of our ADRs for our WDW portion, Disney GCs (a whole bunch of those thanks to SR!), 10-day non-expiry tickets that we purchased 2 years ago and haven't had to use yet - WAIT! Where are they?????

Yup, you guessed it. After a MAJOR turning out of every room I can't find them. We know we didn't throw them out and, of course, we can't find the copy that we made of them either. I had them in my hands about 4 months ago and put them in that PERFECT place that I would remember when I needed them. Well THAT didn't work, did it?

We purchased from a discounter and can't remember the name at all. The 3 margaritas last night didn't even help get over the anguish!

Partner dude did find a site for a 2-day hopper (decent price) and that will work for us as we have friends at D'land who gave us comp tickets for one day each (I LOVE Disney cast members!) and our last day will be spent running around DTD I guess. Majorly bummed here. You KNOW we're going to find them the moment we return from this trip, and that's fine, but that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach that not even tequila can calm down is not a good thing.

Life is still good, right? I'm thinking yes!!!

Be well, all

SunshineGirl
11-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Oh, no!!!! That totally sucks. Have you done any significant renovations or anything since you last saw them?

m4travels
11-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Oh, there is some good news, but not about the tickets. Partner dude just wrote to tell me he got the Hyatt at MCO for $64/night via Hotwire for our Saturday night stay. He had booked it via the senior rate (I can say that on here cuz he never reads this forum, but he'd kill me if I mentioned age!!!!) and it was, like, $129/night. We LIKE saving money!!!

m4travels
11-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Oh, no!!!! That totally sucks. Have you done any significant renovations or anything since you last saw them?

Nope. I swear I put them in one particular drawer. Can't for the life of me figure out what the deal is.

Mandi
11-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Bummer. :(

Is it possible that the drawer got overfilled and they fell out the back of it? I've had that happen before.

I hope you guys are able to find them before you go. I'd want to cry too if I lost them!

coastalgirl
11-26-2007, 03:48 PM
That really stinks! :( I hope you can find them before you go. I would be hysterical if it happened to me.
Glad you did get a good rate on the room. :)

m 'n c
11-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Oh man! I hope you are able to find them soon. I did something similar with Mike's watches when I hid them when we had maintenance come over a few months ago. I just found them the other day when I was packing my summer clothes up. I had folded the items into my shirts and such. Maybe you did something similar? Did you put them in a file cabinet?

bbangel
11-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Did you put them with something that you would normally take with you? I tend to put the stuff I can't forget with stuff I know I won't forget. So my passport might be in my suitcase pocket and my gift cards with my Disney t-shirts.
I hope you find them!

faithhope
11-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I so know how that feels... I bought the passes to sea world... and misplaced them until yesterday... big folder labeled Sea World...right in front of my face...why didn't i find them when I wanted them...
of course they run out at the end of the year...

Faith
hope you find them sooner versus later

linanglab
11-26-2007, 04:04 PM
That is awful. Why do we put things away in the "perfect" place, only to find out that the perfect place is a mystery to us later????? I have done that with many things. Not WDW things, but other things. Hope you find them soon!

wilsonfamily4
11-26-2007, 04:05 PM
I so feel for you!!!!

And the bummer thing is Murphys Law says you will find them , after you get back. :) No I am sure you will remember where you put them. Somewhere you thought was really clever. :)

We will all be pulling for you!!!!

m4travels
11-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks for all your good thoughts! I know we'll find them, but at least I don't have to go crazed looking the rest of the week. You can bet we're going to be looking for them until we find them. Of course they will be in the last place we look (I just love saying that!!!).

Thanks for letting me share!

Blessing and Miracle
11-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Dude, been there done that and still doing it! LOL. Hopefully you'll find them. Enjoy your trip!

bs4free
11-26-2007, 04:49 PM
I hope you find them...Watch you will find them whil on vacation already packed or some other silly place! Glad you got that good rate on the hotel, and got some discounted tickets...

sunshinecindy
11-26-2007, 06:57 PM
DON'T LOOK FOR THEM.......thats the only way to find them.

Don't you just hate when you put things in a 'safeplace" and its so safe even you can't find them. Happens to me all the time.

And hey, tell partner dude I get the AARP discount too and I love it.

So, you'll be in Orlando....hmmm, wonder if we need to make a quick trip over to visit Traci (icartjetta) and have a mickey bar.

Lisaj68
11-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Okay, BFF goes around her house praying to St. Anthony (the saint of lost things...or something????)...

Tony, Tony,
lost and found
somethings missing and MUST be found!

That's my 2 cents! :p

Good luck! Hope you find the tickets!

cglaura
11-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Okay, BFF goes around her house praying to St. Anthony (the saint of lost things...or something????)...

Tony, Tony,
lost and found

That's my mom too! Only her's is more elaborate, but she swears he helps her...

Dear St. Anthony, please come around.

I lost my [insert lost item here]; it can't be found.

If you find them please give them to me,

And oh, how happy I will be. Amen.

Did you check your backpack? Maybe folded up in your itinerary papers?

m4travels
11-26-2007, 08:50 PM

Tony, Tony,
lost and found

The last time I went around yelling "Tony, Tony" there was someone else yelling "Maria, Maria." Oh, wait... that's a story for another forum. Nevermind!

gpp2001
11-26-2007, 11:00 PM
I did the exact same thing a couple of years ago!! I eventually found them (after the trip!) Just Be thankful that they don't expire. You're going back to Disney again sometime, right? ;)

I hate that the no expiration tickets are so much more expensive then the expiry ones! We used to buy non expiry ones all the time. DH just used two from 2002. But I just gave away three days on a 10 day pass because it would have cost $180 to upgrade to non expiry! I think not!

Enjoy your trip Dude. and like Sunshine Cindy said don't think about the tickets and they will show up. By the way - I love cast members too!

3dog2kidmom
11-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Oh no!!!!!!!! Sounds like something I would do!

We should start a thread to list where we put those important things when we do, and then we'll know where to look for the answers. For example, I put my Pirate & Princess tickets in the safe in my basement. Now don't ask me where the title to my vehicle or my social security card are, because I can't find either of those, but I know where the really important stuff is, LOL!

Dude, I was actually coming over here to see if you were posting since your trip is so soon. Other than the ticket snafu afe you ready? Packed? Excited I am sure! We're excited for you!!!

m4travels
11-28-2007, 02:31 AM
Dude, I was actually coming over here to see if you were posting since your trip is so soon. Other than the ticket snafu are you ready? Packed? Excited I am sure! We're excited for you!!!

We are so ready to go. We fly out Saturday a.m. and we're just ready for the ship on Sunday.
There's LOTS to do at work unfortunately. I've got 2 sets of payroll to get out on Friday so the folks who get to cover my butt while I'm gone don't have to worry about that, plus it's time to get sales tax figures to the state - HA! What a joy that is. I've also got a transcript that I'm prepping for my court reporter client; it's an appeal that has to be submitted before the 15th of December. Yup, my fingers are gonna be working the next couple of nights!

Partner dude is in San Francisco tonight and tomorrow for a state court conference so yours truly is doing laundry and getting the suitcases out as well as reading steno notes!

The pirate costumes were shipped last week so they should be in the room when we open the door. I think we were really supposed to be born in the time of packing things in a steamer trunk! Suitcases are way overrated! MUCH too small!!

Yup, I'm READY for this vacation, as short as it is!

(I've been chanting "Tony, Tony, Tony" all day. Nothing yet.....)

Kycha
11-28-2007, 03:22 AM
Okay. Don't laugh. But I keep our tickets in the fridge. Strange, I know. But, DH's nephew once told me when a home burns down, the only place that is untouched by flames is inside the refrigerator. We do have a fireproof box. But, that is for the really important stuff(birth cert, passports, etc). We use the fridge for stuff we want readily available(baseball, concert and theater tickets, disney tickets). The added benefit is I always know where they are. I just put them in an envelope and store them in the egg bin which we don't use anyway. Might as well make it useful.

Lisaj68
11-28-2007, 02:16 PM
(I've been chanting "Tony, Tony, Tony" all day. Nothing yet.....)

Dude! It really works! I lost my fabric pattern to make my girls their Epcot outfits. Searched high and low this morning but couldn't find it anywhere!! "Come ON, Tony!!!! I really need this!!! Please!!!!"

Let's try one for you.....

"Come ooooon, Tony, PLEASE! Dude will SO be the hero if he finds these tickets!!!!"

I will chant that for you until Saturday! :sunshine2: And send some pixie dust.

P.S. I did find the pattern in the kitchen!

wilsonfamily4
11-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Okay. Don't laugh. But I keep our tickets in the fridge. Strange, I know. But, DH's nephew once told me when a home burns down, the only place that is untouched by flames is inside the refrigerator. We do have a fireproof box. But, that is for the really important stuff(birth cert, passports, etc). We use the fridge for stuff we want readily available(baseball, concert and theater tickets, disney tickets). The added benefit is I always know where they are. I just put them in an envelope and store them in the egg bin which we don't use anyway. Might as well make it useful.

love that idea! I may use that someday.

m4travels
12-01-2007, 01:54 PM
well we're at LAXhaving our preflight cocktail and breakfast.

The tickets were not found but the new ones arrived.

We are ready for the ship but will be patient.

Will miss the chatting but will see you in a week or so.

Be good!!!!

coastalgirl
12-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Have a wonderful trip!! We will miss ya!! Bring me back something good, OK!

3dog2kidmom
12-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Bon voyage!!! Wish I were there, too!

3dog2kidmom
12-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Are you back yet, Dude? Can't wait to hear all about it (although I'm SURE you are not happy to be back if you are indeed)!

Blessing and Miracle
12-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Are you back yet, Dude? Can't wait to hear all about it (although I'm SURE you are not happy to be back if you are indeed)!

Yep, Dude, where are you? Vacation is over!!!:angel:

chipndale
12-13-2007, 01:35 AM
Dude - Anxious to hear about your trip!

bs4free
12-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Can not wait to hear about all the fun.... DUDE....