PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping Presents

linanglab
11-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Well... I just finished wrapping all the presents! (Well....minus a couple that I left at my Mom's this weekend. I will wrap those when we go down to Cincy before Christmas).

I did not have as many this year since the boys are getting a Wii, and pretty much ONLY that. I did get them each a shirt from LIDS and also it is tradition that each of my kids get their yearly Christmas Eve present which is pajamas. Other than that, I really only had to wrap Bethany's presents. She got the 4 HSM doll set (Gabriella, Troy, Sharpay and Ryan), Littlest Pet Shop set (has about 15 animals), Hannah Montana microphone, twin baby dolls and a princess outfit.

At Mom's I have a Disney store Cash Register, a Gisselle barbie, and a Littlest Pet Shop play thing. Now this does not include her stocking stuffers....but I do not wrap those.

It feels good to be DONE! I only have a couple stocking stuffers to get for my boys and DH (reminder: he does not get ANYTHING other than stocking stuff because he got that big screen plasma....)

Happy wrapping guys!

mjjmbnmm
11-27-2007, 01:54 PM
I also wrapped all mine, my family doesn't understand how I can be done shopping and wrapping, while their just starting to shop.

Lisaj68
11-27-2007, 01:58 PM
I will join your "happy to be done wrapping" party!

Not a lot here either since we will be in WDW ! A few things for when the kids come back....a personalized princess towel and bathing suit that I am taking with us for them to open X-mas morning.

I will also add that I just finished Christmas cards today, too! Just waiting for Snapfish to send me some pics so I can stuff the envelopes and then seal 'em!

linanglab
11-27-2007, 02:02 PM
I have most of my cards done. I addressed the ones I ordered from Shutterfly (I think that is where I ordered it). But I have not addressed the ones from Kodak. I will be sending those out probably next week. Maybe this week if I get motivated to finish up!

Congrats on being done!

And by the way....I used all cute Disney paper for the presents. That just makes me smile....

Blessing and Miracle
11-27-2007, 02:35 PM
That's wonderful! I haven't started wrapping yet, but I will. It's been hard to do that since I've had the twins, unless I send them to Grandma's house. LOL.

By the way what is a HSM doll set?

zoodoyle
11-27-2007, 02:59 PM
We wrapped all of ours on Thanksgiving night, then crated them up, and brought them to my parents the next day when we went to visit. We'll be there for Christmas morning, so this way, all the gifts are already be out of the house, no snooping possible!! :sunshine:

disney_girl
11-27-2007, 03:08 PM
It feels good to be done shopping and have everything wrapped here too!!! We scheduled my c/s for next Tuesday, so I'm glad to get all of that out of the way and off of my mind!! I know DH will appreciate it when we don't have to go out in the crazy crowds in the next few weeks!!

mjjmbnmm
11-27-2007, 03:19 PM
(HSM) is High school musical. it comes with the 4 main char. from the movies.

m 'n c
11-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Oh man I'm so jealous! I did manage to write down everything I have bought for everyone and made a list of the few things I need to get to be done with it all. I have dollar tree on my list for christmas paper as I went there last year and found some great Disney paper for wrapping gifts.

linanglab
11-27-2007, 03:55 PM
It feels good to be done shopping and have everything wrapped here too!!! We scheduled my c/s for next Tuesday, so I'm glad to get all of that out of the way and off of my mind!! I know DH will appreciate it when we don't have to go out in the crazy crowds in the next few weeks!!

YES!!! You especially need to be done! I bet you are SOOO excited and READY to see your little one. Did you get him/her (can't remember if you said what you are having) anything special for Christmas? What a wonderful Christmas it will be for you!

Blessing and Miracle
11-27-2007, 04:21 PM
(HSM) is High school musical. it comes with the 4 main char. from the movies.

LOL. Thanks, my girls aren't old enough for that yet, so I guess that's why it didn't ring familiar with me.:)

jakeandsophiesmom
11-27-2007, 05:21 PM
Who wants to volunteer to come to my house and help?!? Haven't finished shopping, absolutely no wrapping, and tree is still in the garage under the other unpacked boxes!! I know, I know, I am such a slacker!!:)

~Kathie
11-27-2007, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=m 'n c;81095]Oh man I'm so jealous! I did manage to write down everything I have bought for everyone and made a list of the few things I need to get to be done with it all. [QUOTE]

I haven't done that yet......well...I have listed some things but my spare room is a mess. Organizing is on my list of things to do. I did the cards with the help of DH and today he put up the outside lights. He's leaving Monday for 10 days in FL. I'm staying home on babywatch. My DIL is due anyday and I will take my grandson while she is in the hospital.

I still have to get stocking stuffers and place an order on Lillian Vernon. I just got an SR notifier email today that LV has free shipping. That is what I have been waiting for. :cooldance:

Congrats on those of you who are shopped and wrapped.

linanglab
11-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Who wants to volunteer to come to my house and help?!? Haven't finished shopping, absolutely no wrapping, and tree is still in the garage under the other unpacked boxes!! I know, I know, I am such a slacker!!:)

I LOVE to decorate and wrap presents! I enjoy unpacking too (we have moved countless times) If I was closer I would help! Good luck getting it all done!

Candi
11-27-2007, 06:16 PM
I wrapped a few things yesterday and am excited to do the rest. I also like wrapping. I am done with shopping except dh. I have no idea what to get him and he keeps telling me not to get him anything. I can't do that.

disneynut
11-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Oh WOW. I am soooo far behind. Since we was at Disney for Thanksgiving, I missed all the Black Friday sales. I have bought a few things, here and there. No wrapping what so ever. Tree is not put up. However, I did clean and rearrange the living room today to make room for it. ( I had no idea there were so many dust bunnies and crayons and candy under the couch:confused: ) LOL.
Congrats to all who are done and have a jump start. I need to get busy.:sunshine:

bbangel
11-27-2007, 06:33 PM
All the presents that have to be mailed were sent off today. I have a few cards left to send out but they don't take as long to get there.

I have almost all my shopping done (I have a few things to get for my mom) and hope to have everything done by the weekend. The wrapping will be done by next Tuesday, which is when the tree will go up.

chipndale
11-28-2007, 02:13 AM
I LOVE to decorate and wrap presents! I enjoy unpacking too (we have moved countless times) If I was closer I would help! Good luck getting it all done!

You are more than welcome to drive over to western PA and wrap all my presents. That is the one part of Christmas that I put off until the very last minute - than DH helps! He likes to wrap presents and does a great job! I would rather decorate and bake! I can't wait to start my holiday baking. Since our house is not done yet, we will be celebrating Christmas here in our very small rental house. We bought a small tree and I decorated the house inside and out in about 1 hour yesterday. It feels strange because it usually takes me days!

sunshinecindy
11-28-2007, 10:55 AM
I absolutely hate wrapping presents, in fact, I'd just as soon pay someone to do it. I'm pretty much done shopping, have a few little things to pick up, a couple gift cards, other then that, just waiting for the UPS man to bring the rest. I'll start baking next week, some of the cookies I make last in the refrig and taste better after a few weeks (like pizzelles) and lady fingers. Will decorate this weekend (thank you very much Tricia) and hopefully be all done and relaxing when the family gets here.

linanglab
11-28-2007, 12:24 PM
I absolutely hate wrapping presents, in fact, I'd just as soon pay someone to do it. I'm pretty much done shopping, have a few little things to pick up, a couple gift cards, other then that, just waiting for the UPS man to bring the rest. I'll start baking next week, some of the cookies I make last in the refrig and taste better after a few weeks (like pizzelles) and lady fingers. Will decorate this weekend (thank you very much Tricia) and hopefully be all done and relaxing when the family gets here.

Well....as nice as the weather is here (a whole 25 degrees), I would be willing to leave here and travel to your place and wrap for you! Just send me the airline ticket and I will be on my way! The sacrifices that us SRer's will do for the other.....

Do you take your gifts to the mall where they have free or donation type wrapping? Our church picks a day out of the year and wraps at the mall for free. Of course I am not sure lugging EVERYTHING there would be a lot of fun, but you wouldn't have to wrap!

pbhall13
11-28-2007, 04:05 PM
I am all done shopping for my girls (finished on Friday), but nothing is wrapped. I actually don't wrap everything (or should I say Santa doesn't wrap everything@!)

I like to 'display' some of the gifts that the girls get....American Girl and Bitty Twins stuff (it just looks so nice next to the tree all set up and ready for them to play with). Only a few things will get wrapped and I will do that next weekend.

As for decorating.....that is for this Friday night and Saturday. Hopefully it will all get done (a kink in my decorating is my 1 year old nephew who is here during the work week) He is a little bugger!! My girls never got into pulling at the decorations or tree. Nate on the other hand is into everything!!! I have to figure this one out for sure!!!!!

I also have some presents scattered at my parents house and my sisters house for 'safe keeping' so on Christmas Eve I will be having to set those up!!

I love this time of season and it just wouldn't be the same for me if I wasn't up wrapping and setting up late christmas eve!!

Pamela

Sahmy
11-29-2007, 01:56 AM
Here's a present wrapping story for you - Every Christmas Eve we would come home from the family parties. We went to my family first, then DH's and his family party always ran really late so it was usually close to or after one (already Christmas) by the time we got home. And then we would have to wait for the kids to fall aleep, finish wrapping and do the Santa thing.

Well, one year, we had everything wrapped beforehand. I was SO excited. We would be able to put the kids to bed, wait a little bit, put the stuff under the tree and go to bed before 3 am!!!!!!!!!!

So, we get home, everybody gets out of the van and up to the door. Sniff, sniff. Hmmm, that smells like gas! We go inside, no smell. But there is definitely a smell by the front door and the side of the house where the gas line is. Not good. We called the gas company and they said someone would be out within 2 hours! I know, it's Christmas. Someone came right away though.

The guy gets out of his truck and this device he is holding lets off a loud, shrill noise. He freaked out because that meant a really high gas reading all the way down to the street. He checked the pipes outside and the handle or whatever was loose. He said that was very common in newer houses; that they are installing so many at once that they don't tighten them enough and they come loose and the gas leaks!

So he tightened it with this mega wrench, said they would need the jaws of death to open it, said Merry Christmas and was on his way. I felt bad that he had to come out on Christmas in the middle of the night but DH said that he had mentioned he didn't mind because he gets really nice overtime for the holidays. :)

And we didn't get to bed until after 3 between getting the (now sleeping) kids upstairs, getting the presents out and trying to calm down. Didn't sleep well either.

It was 3 years before I had everything finished early again. I just didn't want to jinx anything, ya know?

And I haven't started any wrapping yet but have about 2/3 of my shopping done. :)

arob414
11-29-2007, 09:14 PM

Congratulations!!! I am a Nursery nurse and we have been having lots of babies this month. We have had several who decided they just had to make it here in time for Christmas and have caught their moms unaware. :rotfl: They are all healthy and should be home in time for presents. I love babies, but they are just extra special as we get closer to Christmas.

And, for all of you with presents wrapped and Christmas cards done, I am jealous. My girls wrap alot of our stuff, usually once school is out. I always mean to wrap early, but usually end up finishing up on Christmas Eve.