PDA

View Full Version : Boo Hiss! Foodnetwork is cancelling Emeril Live!!!

m 'n c
11-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Just found out via Yahoo News that the Foodnetwork has decided after 10 years to cancel Emeril Live! That is the show that got me addicted to watching the food network. It is just so much fun and the food is just so good. I can't understand why they would cancel it to put on some of the newer (and not quite as good) chefs. I know all things must come to an end and shows don't last forever but its so popular and one of the flagship shows. It would be like cancelling 30 minute meals (I know some wouldn't mind that either). :cry:

Hedy
11-27-2007, 04:56 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/071127/people_emeril_lagasse.html?.v=1

It's been getting a little tired lately, IMO. I thought something was up when his time slot got changed a few months ago.

m 'n c
11-27-2007, 05:12 PM
I will say it has diminished some from when it was first on but I will say that I still enjoy his show and its so much more interesting than some of the others. I just hate it when my shows get cancelled.

Blessing and Miracle
11-27-2007, 05:20 PM
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I love his show too and I'm gonna miss it as well!

bs4free
11-27-2007, 05:21 PM
The good news is the Emeril will still be around doing new showes for the Food Newtork... I to really enjoyed him and one of the many cooks i started watching on Food Network, My guess is with all the Who will be a ____ on the Food Network shows some shows would have to go...

coastalgirl
11-27-2007, 06:20 PM
This may not have been a one sided deal. When Emeril was here opening his new resteraunt, he made the comment that he had not wanted to start a new project. He said his hands were too full already, but he liked the idea of having another resteraunt in a place he visited frequently.(His wife is from here, so she has family in the area) Plus he has all his cookware, food products and such that ties up alot of his time.
I will miss his show too as it was one of my favorites also. I hope they don't fill it with that silly girl that won the Next Food Network contest. I just did not like the way she cooked.

Hedy
11-27-2007, 06:27 PM
This may not have been a one sided deal. When Emeril was here opening his new resteraunt, he made the comment that he had not wanted to start a new project. He said his hands were too full already, but he liked the idea of having another resteraunt in a place he visited frequently.(His wife is from here, so she has family in the area) Plus he has all his cookware, food products and such that ties up alot of his time.
I will miss his show too as it was one of my favorites also. I hope they don't fill it with that silly girl that won the Next Food Network contest. I just did not like the way she cooked.

I'm hoping she ends up like those first two winners...pretty much in FN obscurity.

Do people in the South accept Emeril's southern/Cajun schtick? I know he cooked at the commander's palace...but sometimes I hear him talk and I'll be like "Dude. Just admit you're frm Fall River (MA). Your stage is strewn with r's."

I wonder what FN will do with his soundstage?

m 'n c
11-27-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm hoping she ends up like those first two winners...pretty much in FN obscurity.

Do people in the South accept Emeril's southern/Cajun schtick? I know he cooked at the commander's palace...but sometimes I hear him talk and I'll be like "Dude. Just admit you're frm Fall River (MA). Your stage is strewn with r's."

I wonder what FN will do with his soundstage?

See I don't think he talks like us down here at all. It was never a concern/issue with me. Sorta a nonissue.

I think he actually cooked at a few restaurants around NOLA besides Comander's Palace but I'm not too sure on that before opening his 3 or 4 restaurants so he has spent quite a bit of time down there and learning the cooking style so it could have screwed up that accent of his. I have a pretty screwed up accent if you heard me talk. Its a mix of South LA, Mississippi, and Western PA.

coastalgirl
11-27-2007, 07:19 PM
See I don't think he talks like us down here at all. It was never a concern/issue with me. Sorta a nonissue.

I think he actually cooked at a few restaurants around NOLA besides Comander's Palace but I'm not too sure on that before opening his 3 or 4 restaurants so he has spent quite a bit of time down there and learning the cooking style so it could have screwed up that accent of his. I have a pretty screwed up accent if you heard me talk. Its a mix of South LA, Mississippi, and Western PA.

I agree. My accent is just awful, I have a Texas twang, mixed in with some french creole and South Mississippi.
I think he did work at more than just Comander's Palace. But not sure as to where.
I know people here just love him. Whenever he is in town it is just crazy the amount of people that want to see him.
I have to say if you have never eaten in one of his resteraunts it is such a treat. The service is outstanding and the food is just out of this world. My only complaint is the price! :rotfl: