PDA

View Full Version : You know it's Christmas time when.......

icartjetta
11-27-2007, 09:18 PM
I always know it's the season when I start seeing ads for chia pet and clap on.

And now there are new and improved versions of them both.

Clap on has a quiet button that you can just push. (no clapping involved).:rotfl:
Chia Pet now has a grass pet for your cat.:rotfl:

Happy Holidays everyone.:sunshine:

linanglab
11-27-2007, 10:04 PM
I know its Christmas when....

I start seeing the Hershey kisses commercials, holiday style. LOVE those!

Hedy
11-27-2007, 10:06 PM
When I was little, I thought it would be really cool to plug your tree into the clapper and play a clapping game.

I still think it would be really cool.

sunshinecindy
11-27-2007, 10:26 PM
I want a chia pet...never had one. Thats the only pet I would have that didn't need vet care constantly and I'd have to feed and let out...how cool would that be.

bartleby1
11-27-2007, 11:18 PM
When I was little, I thought it would be really cool to plug your tree into the clapper and play a clapping game.

I still think it would be really cool.

LOL! We did that one year! It was before we had any kids and we lived in an apartment. We went out and cut down a HUGE tree that we practically had to cut in half to get it to fit in the living room. We thought we were so smart hooking it up to the clapper until.....

One evening after spending way too much time at the local bar, we found it way too amusing to clap the tree on and off a gazillion times. We were laughing so hard until, well, it broke and the surge blew out all of the lights on the tree! Had to take off all the ornaments and lights, buy new lights, and redo the tree, lol!

We still laugh about it every time we hear the commercial, "clap on, clap off"

chipndale
11-28-2007, 01:59 AM
LOL! We did that one year! It was before we had any kids and we lived in an apartment. We went out and cut down a HUGE tree that we practically had to cut in half to get it to fit in the living room. We thought we were so smart hooking it up to the clapper until.....

One evening after spending way too much time at the local bar, we found it way too amusing to clap the tree on and off a gazillion times. We were laughing so hard until, well, it broke and the surge blew out all of the lights on the tree! Had to take off all the ornaments and lights, buy new lights, and redo the tree, lol!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

bs4free
11-28-2007, 04:51 PM

I want to play... LOL

I know its Christmas when...

The Malls and store have no parking....

When...

The Stores and malls play christmas music....

When...

The bell ringers for Red Kettel are out....

When...

The Tree is first set up and light...

kimntrent
11-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Okay so I don't think this is christmas cheer but did you all hear that Hershey is closing its plant and going overseas. No Hershey for us anymore. Mr. Hershey is rolling over in his grave I am certain of it.

On the good part, I love the Christmas coke commercials and coming home at night to see more and more lights on the street up.

Kim

jl8595
11-28-2007, 05:26 PM

Oh my word - that is HILARIOUS!!!! Great story - thanks for sharing!!

I know it's Christmas when....my electric bill jumps from $75 a month to $400...my DH, aka Clarke W. Griswold, entered a contest in our town this year and has gone a wee bit overboard. There's no stopping him...so I don't bother trying.

DisneyMa
11-28-2007, 06:29 PM
I know it's Christmas when....my electric bill jumps from $75 a month to $400...my DH, aka Clarke W. Griswold, entered a contest in our town this year and has gone a wee bit overboard. There's no stopping him...so I don't bother trying.

My "Clark" is outside hanging the rest of the lights. Thankfully he doesn't know of any contest to enter (and don't tell him!!)

He is seriously in his shorts, Donald Duck jersey, and an elf hat over his baseball hat. Yes, my 6'1", 260lbs husband is outside hanging lights in a kid's elf hat!! Thank god the neighborhood already knows we are weird!!:rotfl:

spring
11-28-2007, 06:39 PM
I know it is Christmas because 3/4ths of my mail is asking for a donation......:confused:

Kycha
11-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Okay so I don't think this is christmas cheer but did you all hear that Hershey is closing its plant and going overseas. No Hershey for us anymore. Mr. Hershey is rolling over in his grave I am certain of it.

Kim
Not all of the plants are being closed. The ones in Hershey are still open...for now.

Oh my word - that is HILARIOUS!!!! Great story - thanks for sharing!!

My "Clark" is outside hanging the rest of the lights. Thankfully he doesn't know of any contest to enter (and don't tell him!!)

He is seriously in his shorts, Donald Duck jersey, and an elf hat over his baseball hat. Yes, my 6'1", 260lbs husband is outside hanging lights in a kid's elf hat!! Thank god the neighborhood already knows we are weird!!:rotfl:

You guys are cracking me up. Sounds like my DH at Halloween.

wilsonfamily4
11-28-2007, 08:22 PM
you know it's Christmas When my mom sends her first box of almond roca. No offense to anyone who makes it BUT my mother does it better then anyones I have ever tasted. She has it down perfectly. Has actually considered selling it someday. I love that stuff.

JOLAROCHE
11-28-2007, 08:41 PM
I know its Christmas when they start play Christmas Carols on the radio

arob414
11-29-2007, 09:19 PM
I want a chia pet...never had one. Thats the only pet I would have that didn't need vet care constantly and I'd have to feed and let out...how cool would that be.

They are on sale, at Drugstore.com. for $14.99. DD9 really wants one, but I haven't decided, yet. If I buy one, I will have to buy two and I haven't had time to shop around enough to get my free shipping. Maybe this wkend.

arob414
11-29-2007, 09:20 PM
you know it's Christmas When my mom sends her first box of almond roca. No offense to anyone who makes it BUT my mother does it better then anyones I have ever tasted. She has it down perfectly. Has actually considered selling it someday. I love that stuff.

I didn't know people actually MADE it, I just thought you bought it. I love it and bet home made is way better. Can she adopt me?

arob414
11-29-2007, 09:24 PM
I know it is Christmas when the volunteers bring us red, hand knitted stocking hats (with tails, like Santa's ) for our newest patients. And, this year we have red felt stocking with our name and 2007 stitched on the front.:christmas:

coastalgirl
11-29-2007, 10:11 PM
I know it is Christmas time when almost every commercial you see is either for a toy, coke, or a Halmark card!!
Happy Holidays! :christmas: