PDA

View Full Version : OH Dear, if you can watch this..

ItsmeSunnyV
11-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Without Crying....You deserve a MEDAL!!! lol Someone posted this on another mess. board, and Man I needed tissue~:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaGmeFhqEpk

jakeandsophiesmom
11-29-2007, 09:22 PM
:cry: Aw, why'd ya have to go do that for! Just breaks my heart. I can't even imagine what our military and their families give up so we can have our freedom. Now I have to go email my BIL, who was in Iraq for a year but is now at Mildenhall AFB in England, so I can let him know how much I love him! Thanks for sharing V.

Hedy
11-29-2007, 09:35 PM
I got through like a minute :cry: :cry:

coastalgirl
11-29-2007, 10:20 PM
That just gets ya doesn't it! God bless our service men and women!

eaglesdare
11-30-2007, 07:49 AM
:cry: Aw, why'd ya have to go do that for! Just breaks my heart. I can't even imagine what our military and their families give up so we can have our freedom. Now I have to go email my BIL, who was in Iraq for a year but is now at Mildenhall AFB in England, so I can let him know how much I love him! Thanks for sharing V.

not to start a debate or a bashing thing here.

but what you said is so very true. there really are lots of people that just has no idea what is given up for the sake of our country. my hubby and i are both retired military, and we are among the lucky ones. now i am speaking only for myself here and no one else. i know that we volunteer for this job of protecting our country. and i don't regret that choice i made.

i actually had a "very good friend" argue with me over insurance, about what she had to pay (non military) and what i have to pay.

the military give up their freedom, so that the rest of the country can have their freedom. they give up their beds, their air conditioning, their heaters, their clothing, their own families, birthdays, anniversaries, and even christmas and so much more, including their own lives.

please just keep them in your thoughts, and prayers, you may not agree with the reasons, but please support them and respect their choice, so that you can have your choice.

i don't know what i am trying to say, but something about that video just got to me and i had to comment.

God bless our troops and God bless America

pbhall13
11-30-2007, 08:00 AM
Wow......how moving is that!!! I still can't stop shedding a tear even as I write this.

i actually had a "very good friend" argue with me over insurance, about what she had to pay (non military) and what i have to pay.

No arguement or debate from me........I cannot believe people feel like they are getting the short end when you think of all that our servicemen and servicewomen sacrifice...........

linanglab
11-30-2007, 08:25 AM
eaglesdare - THANK YOU for your service!!!! I have never thought that the military get enough of anything. I know only so much funding is available, however, protecting this country and risking your life for our freedom. NOTHING can be given to you that would even come close to what you deserve. I know it was a choice to be a serviceman/woman, however, it is a truly admirable and appreciated thing that you chose that. I couldn't do it, but am VERY humbled by people who do.

Now....I have not watched the video. I am a very patriotic person and am already tearing up and I don't even know what it is about. But, I am going to watch it now.

Again. To ALL of those protecting our country....THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

linanglab
11-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Just watched it.....wow......kind of puts all the Christmas stuff we do in a different perspective. Worrying about getting our kids the right stuff....when there are spouses, children and parents just wanting their loved ones to be safe and come home.....

Again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

jakeandsophiesmom
11-30-2007, 08:41 AM
but what you said is so very true. there really are lots of people that just has no idea what is given up for the sake of our country. my hubby and i are both retired military, and we are among the lucky ones. now i am speaking only for myself here and no one else. i know that we volunteer for this job of protecting our country. and i don't regret that choice i made.

Just wanted to tell you and your hubby Thank You (and Thank You to any other SR's that have served.) I don't think people tell those who have served how much they are appreciated and it's sad b/c without you we would not be able to enjoy the liberties that we have.