PDA

View Full Version : July Trip

linanglab
12-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Okay....I cannot officially say I am planning....YET. BUT, I think Bethany (DD 7) and I will be taking a trip with my parents and sister's family this summer. I really wanted this to be JUST me and DD because if my boys went with me, it would cost quite a bit more (especially since they are considered adults).

DH thinks that he talked the boys in staying home with him for the week for a fun filled time with dad. His parents will also spoil them for a few days while he works. (Another selling point)

SOOOO...I think I will be having a DD and Mom trip! Yes, my parents and sister will be there, but we will not be with each other ALL the time. So I am getting excited. As soon as my sis can get me dates, then I will feel more official.

This will be a surprise for Bethany. She will freak!

LuvMyBoys
12-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Wow, that sounds like so much fun!!! I'm sure the boys will have a great time too, there's nothing better than spending time getting spoiled by the grandparents and "just being guys" with Dad!! :)

Happy planning!! :sunshine:

bs4free
12-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Sounds like a great trip and i can not wait until you can officaly start planing LOL Have a wonderful Trip with DD ....

jakeandsophiesmom
12-04-2007, 05:16 PM
I am so excited for you!! :cooldance: I am sure this will be a great experience for you and your DD. And I'm sure the boys will enjoy being spoiled by the grandparents and spending what my DS 9 calls "man" time with Dad. Hopefully one day my DD and I can take a trip like this (before the teenage years of course) and do all the girly things we want, while the boys take a road trip to the BB Hall of Fame.

Good Luck and have fun planning!!:)

linanglab
12-04-2007, 05:33 PM
I know it seems silly to be so excited, but I never thought I would have a chance to have an all girls trip, so this makes it extra special!

Thanks for being excited with me guys! I thought for sure you all would understand!

coastalgirl
12-04-2007, 05:46 PM
That's really great. You two are going to have so much fun!! What a wonderful surprise for her!!!

jnorth1007
12-04-2007, 05:56 PM
That is so awesome! I would love to do a girls only trip with my girls one day. I would suggest that you check out TGM though since you are going in July and it can be busy. I have heard wonderful things about his plans for the summer that make the heat and crowds SO much more bearable. Congrats and I hope you girls have the trip of a lifetime!

Magical JenK
12-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Congrats Angela! I know you've been hoping for this for awhile...since I was hoping for a puppy if I'm not mistaken!! :cooldance: That is so cool! When is Bethany's bday? Are you going to tell her on her bday or will you be there for her bday?

Twice in 12 months (or almost, right)?! That's so fun! I'm so happy for you! Have so much fun planning!! Any idea of where you will/want to stay??

:mickey: :mickey:

linanglab
12-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Congrats Angela! I know you've been hoping for this for awhile...since I was hoping for a puppy if I'm not mistaken!! :cooldance: That is so cool! When is Bethany's bday? Are you going to tell her on her bday or will you be there for her bday?

Twice in 12 months (or almost, right)?! That's so fun! I'm so happy for you! Have so much fun planning!! Any idea of where you will/want to stay??

:mickey: :mickey:

We will most likely stay at Movies. I have always wanted to stay there but with 5 people, we could not without getting 2 rooms. But we will probably stay wherever my sister and parents stay. My sister will decide. But a value is what she wants. So either movies or Pop (however, Pop has frozen cokes, so that is a plus!)

Bethany's birthday is in the beginning of August, so we will be going before her birthday (even though we celebrated her b-day there the last time. Which we may do again this time). I am thinking of telling her once we get in the vehicle to go. I am afraid if I tell her before that, my boys will hear her talking about it and decide that they want to go too. I am also hoping to get cheap plane tickets so we could fly. THAT would be nice. Being just 2 of us, it will be WAY cheaper than 5. Plus, we will be able to be a little more open with dates.

Hope your pup is doing well. How is the potty training? Especially with the weather, it cannot be TOO easy! But they are SOOOO worth it!

ligrumpygirl
12-04-2007, 08:35 PM
OOOHHHH A girl's trip! It is soooooo much fun! I did it with DD last August and we had the best time. If you want, I can give you a few (cheap!) ideas from our time there. We did miss our "boys" at home but it was so much fun!

When are you headed down? I am going in the middle of July...we have always done summer since I am a teacher.

JillyFish
12-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Yea Angela!!! I'm SO happy for you. I know how much you wanted to do a girl's trip. The two of you will have a blast!! Have fun planning!!!

wilsonfamily4
12-04-2007, 10:32 PM
I also am so happy for you. The memories you will make! It will be great bonding too. I am WAY jealous, the green monster is getting me. :) Keep us up to date with all the plans and then with a TR, I will live through you. hehe

3dog2kidmom
12-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Angela, I am so thrilled for you! My DD and mom trip this summer was amazing! She had just turned 8 so we are right about where you will be. Have a ball planning, and do lots of girlie things that DH and the boys won't stand for when they're there!

linanglab
12-05-2007, 05:36 AM
That is so awesome! I would love to do a girls only trip with my girls one day. I would suggest that you check out TGM though since you are going in July and it can be busy. I have heard wonderful things about his plans for the summer that make the heat and crowds SO much more bearable. Congrats and I hope you girls have the trip of a lifetime!

I buy TGM every time we go to WDW. We always go the week of July 4th, so I am pretty accustomed to crowds and heat. I think we will be going the week after July 4th, so hoping the crowds won't be AS bad. But I am used to it, so it won't affect us too much!

linanglab
12-05-2007, 05:39 AM
OOOHHHH A girl's trip! It is soooooo much fun! I did it with DD last August and we had the best time. If you want, I can give you a few (cheap!) ideas from our time there. We did miss our "boys" at home but it was so much fun!

When are you headed down? I am going in the middle of July...we have always done summer since I am a teacher.

Like I said in the above post, we will be down around the 2nd week of July. Not sure on EXACT dates. If we are there at the same time, maybe we could have a quick meet! ANY cheap ideas would be great. Since it is just the 2 of us, I am not expecting to spend TOO much money. For the most part we will be able to share meals and snacks. I will be doing alot of counter service meals. I will most likely go to RFC though, because that is my favorite!

pbhall13
12-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Angela.....

don't forget to check out renting points.......depending on the nights you could get OKW or Boardwalk for pretty cheap. If it is Sunday thru Friday (checkout day) you could get a decent rate....I have even been known to stay at one of the values on weekend nights and then switch over to DVC (disney vacation club) when it becomes very affordable....you have more room and it is easy to have breakfast in your room and keep water cold in fridge. Just a thought!!

I believe someone on here has posted in the past that they rent points, so you may want to do a search on that.

Have fun planning!! Also if you know that you will definately be going the following summer with the whole family you may want to 'bite the bullet' and buy an annual pass for you and your daughter that way it would still be good for next year (try to time it right...this summer you are going 1 week after you normally do, so timing might be perfect)

Pamela

linanglab
12-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Angela.....

don't forget to check out renting points.......depending on the nights you could get OKW or Boardwalk for pretty cheap. If it is Sunday thru Friday (checkout day) you could get a decent rate....I have even been known to stay at one of the values on weekend nights and then switch over to DVC (disney vacation club) when it becomes very affordable....you have more room and it is easy to have breakfast in your room and keep water cold in fridge. Just a thought!!

I believe someone on here has posted in the past that they rent points, so you may want to do a search on that.

Have fun planning!! Also if you know that you will definately be going the following summer with the whole family you may want to 'bite the bullet' and buy an annual pass for you and your daughter that way it would still be good for next year (try to time it right...this summer you are going 1 week after you normally do, so timing might be perfect)

Pamela

I thought about the annual pass thing. I will have to wait and see what the EXACT dates are going to be this summer and go from there. And if we got an annual pass, I might have to go an extra day or 2 (depending on days) for JUST me and Bethany! I just hate the unknowns! I need dates NOW! Just waiting for my sister to let me know when they are going for sure. My BIL is graduating in FL, which is why they are going. But they do not have the graduating date yet.

I think I will go and play with numbers on the WDW site. I LOVE doing that while I am waiting to officially plan!

linanglab
12-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Angela, I am so thrilled for you! My DD and mom trip this summer was amazing! She had just turned 8 so we are right about where you will be. Have a ball planning, and do lots of girlie things that DH and the boys won't stand for when they're there!

I am thinking about doing the princess breakfast at Epcot - can't remember the name. We have not done that one, and the boys are not thrilled about "those" meals!

I was checking out some rates. For a little over $300 more, I can add the meal plan with it. If I do a couple character meals, it may be worth it. Not sure. With the WHOLE family the meal plan was never worth it because there is 4 Disney adults. If you all have any thought on the food plan, PLEASE share your experience. I figured it would be about $45 a day total extra for the plan. Normally we would do couter service, but if I did a few character meals, or sit down meals, it might be worth it.

bs4free
12-06-2007, 02:41 PM
The Disney Dining Plan, has always been a big hit with me... Now the only way that you are saveing money of course is if you do a sitdown meal every day. but the best way to find out if the dinning plan is right for you is to plan where you would eat without the plan and plan where you would eat on the plan and compare prices using allearsnet.com pricing then you can see what is the better price and what offers you the better overall deal! I know the last time i did the math was in 2005 and it would have cost us the same to do the dining plan as it would have to do out of pocket for counter service lunch and dinner with sharing and limited snacks desserts. I hope this has helped alittle...

LuvMyBoys
12-06-2007, 02:47 PM
I am thinking about doing the princess breakfast at Epcot - can't remember the name. We have not done that one, and the boys are not thrilled about "those" meals!

I was checking out some rates. For a little over $300 more, I can add the meal plan with it. If I do a couple character meals, it may be worth it. Not sure. With the WHOLE family the meal plan was never worth it because there is 4 Disney adults. If you all have any thought on the food plan, PLEASE share your experience. I figured it would be about $45 a day total extra for the plan. Normally we would do couter service, but if I did a few character meals, or sit down meals, it might be worth it.

We totally think the meal plan is worth it. It is very nice to get to do the TS meals without worrying constantly about what the bill is going to be, b/c with 6 of us the bill is never small!! :)

I worried a bit that it wouldn't be enough with 1 TS, 1 CS, and 1 snack per day but it totally is. We even had left over CS credits at the end of our trip that we weren't able to use - I couldn't believe that :confused:

Now that the appetizer and tip have been eliminated from the plan, I think that we will do more character meals/buffets next time because those will continue to be a great value for us and the kids love them!! :)

Mom2aPrincess
12-06-2007, 03:37 PM

Congrats! We will be leaving for our girls only trip here in just 13 days!!!! Of course we're always just girls, but I still can't wait!!!

I second the recommendation for TGM. We went July 06 and I never even noticed the real long lines are the heat much, but I heard lots of people complaining on the bus. (those who didn't follow his advice I suppose)