PDA

View Full Version : Head's Up

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Hey guys I wanted to give you all a head's up. This morning I went online and looked at my telephone bill for my home phone and it was higher than usual. I pulled up the detailed listing and there was a 9.95 charge on it from a company that offers voice mail services. I called them and apparently somewhere along the way there was an offer that I did that had this voice mail service attatched to it and I didn't know it. She cancelled the service immediately but not before telling me that I would have to pay for the month that had already been billed and the month that I was currently in. I told her that I was not paying that and I expected it to be credited back to my phone bill. Finally, she agreed to do so and told me that it would take 2 billing cycles for it to show up. I called the phone company and immediately had a block put on my services so that third parties could not just add services and the customer service representative put in a dispute for the amount that was billed so I wouldn't have to pay it while I waited for their credit. She said she sees this very often lately and was shocked that a company thought they could do it. I guess they do it because alot of people might not notice a 10 charge on their phone bill and just pay it. Make sure to check your bills and have the free block added to your service. The funny part is that I only use my actual home phone number for paid offers so it had to be attatched to one of those. HTH! :sunshine:

January
05-30-2007, 05:51 PM
We noticed the same thing. It is called Optimum Voice Mail that came through when I did Prize America Sweepstakes free offer in April.:(

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 05:57 PM
That is when mine came through but they said it was attached to winning 1000 free coupons or something maybe that is what the prize was for prize america sweepstakes :rotfl: a big old charge to my phone bill. Im glad it is taken care of, at least I hope it is.

ETA: I just checked and I also did Prize America Sweepstakes so that had to be where it came from. Thanks! Now at least I know.

January
05-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Your welcome!

Yes...that was some PRIZE! A big phone bill!:computer: :rotfl:

mantaz
05-30-2007, 06:31 PM
I had that happen a few months back and the guy I spoke to was very nice and credited my account immediately. Yes I would notice an extra charge on my phone bill. I notice the ups and downs of it every month when DD gets ahold on my cell phone and connects to the internet! I haven't figured that out and she just turned 3!!

Angela

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 07:02 PM
LOL I notice everything too. Im very anal when it comes to my bills. I noticed it right of the bat. So now I just have to hope that it credits. Did they credit your account ok?

llgray16
05-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Wow, that is a new way for some of these companies to be making a buck! I'm glad that I use my free ************ number for all of those offers!!!

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Watch out anyways because I use a different number also. I guess they looked up my real phone number when the other one didn't work. I only use my real phone number if I doing an offer that purchases something. I never use it for the other offers. I don't know how they got it but they did.

mantaz
05-30-2007, 08:57 PM
My account was credited on my next bill. I was very pleased to see it happen so quickly and the guy I spoke to just said ok and took it off. Hope it works out for you quickly too.

Angela

TIAMOMMA
05-31-2007, 01:00 PM
This really concerns me since I used a private phone number also and I signed up. Is anyone else finding this to be the case that signed up for this offer? :(

TIAMOMMA

SunshineGirl
05-31-2007, 01:03 PM
I haven't seen it yet. I wonder if there was a little bitty checkbox somewhere or I didn't go far enough into it?

TIAMOMMA
05-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Ever since I read this thread yesterday I'm paranoid about doing the free offers, and I want to do the new ones posted so bad!!!! Tricia, is my paranoia unnecessary?? (praying so!!)

TIAMOMMA

SunshineGirl
05-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Ever since I read this thread yesterday I'm paranoid about doing the free offers, and I want to do the new ones posted so bad!!!! Tricia, is my paranoia unnecessary?? (praying so!!)

TIAMOMMA

Honestly, I am ALWAYS paranoid when I do new offers! The jeopardy one is totally easy. Do that one. I didn't try mvelopes, so I am not sure what is involved. It does sound like with the insurance ones, they want to run a credit check...but not one that shows up on your public report. The sites themselves are legitimate insurance sites. Other rewards programs have been running these offers for awhile, so I felt pretty confident in putting them up.

jnorth1007
05-31-2007, 01:44 PM
I think that you are ok doing the offers. This is the first issue I have had in 3 months of doing offers and it was handled fairly easily. I didn't want to scare anyone I just wanted everyone to be aware and keep an eye or ear out on their bills. I know that it is attatched in some way to a free 1000 coupons offer. The person on the phone for the company told me that. Just watch what you are clicking and you should be fine. I know it gets to be a habit to click no, no , no without really looking at what we are clicking but just be more careful. I am! :sunshine2: