PDA

View Full Version : New Internet Service Provider

breyandra
12-06-2007, 11:57 AM
I am thinking of switching internet service providers very soon, going from dsl to cable provider. How will this affect my membership here and what will I have to do? Will it affect my pending offers(and there's a lot of them!)? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

m 'n c
12-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Switching ISPs should not have an effect on your account. The only thing that might need to change is your email address if you have an email associated with SR that is related to your isp. For example if you are abc@sbcglobal.net and change to abc@comcast.net you will need to go in and change your account details. Otherwise the change shouldn't have an effect on your account.

Pending offers shouldn't be affected by your ip. Offers go by either a user id or cookie both of which are unrelated to your isp.

breyandra
12-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Thank you very much for your help m 'n c. I wasn't sure if a different email address would screw anything up or not but glad to know that it won't.

m 'n c
12-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Nope emails don't really mean much over here unless you are shopping then it just makes sense to use one that you check daily for tracking purposes.