PDA

View Full Version : I wish I had packed _______ on my last WDW/DL trip

Hedy
12-06-2007, 06:10 PM
calimine lotion-got the dreaded Epcot rash

bbangel
12-06-2007, 06:56 PM
a pool cover-up or sarong

I had my bathing suit but would have liked something to walk to the pool in that was a little more covered up.

wilsonfamily4
12-06-2007, 07:07 PM
I am an overpacker so I had too much but
. . . . I wish I had packed my 35 mm camera. My digital was stolen and I would have loved another one as a back up. I am too tight to buy disposables in WDW so I missed so many great pictures!

or

. . .. . .. . .. I wish I had packed less diapers!!!!

bs4free
12-06-2007, 07:26 PM
I wish i had packed.....other shoes

My crocs were non too friendly to me at disney got blisterd very bad on day 1....

Lisaj68
12-06-2007, 07:30 PM
calimine lotion-got the dreaded Epcot rash

WHAT ??????????? :confused:

SunshineGirl
12-06-2007, 07:55 PM
A Glade plugin for the bathroom. I'm used to having fresh scented bathrooms at home. And we have as many bathrooms as we have people in our house. LOL! So putting all of us in a room with one bathroom was a big switch. And I don't like the small of the water at the Wilderness Lodge for some reason.

m 'n c
12-06-2007, 08:08 PM
The bandaid blister stick. This thing has been a lifesaver since I bought it for my work shoes. It would have been great last year at disney.

jnorth1007
12-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Better tennis shoes, some sort of powder or rash creme because the sweat at Epcot the first day made my shorts rub on my thigh and I was in pain by the end of the day.

DisneyMa
12-06-2007, 08:58 PM
A Glade plugin for the bathroom. I'm used to having fresh scented bathrooms at home. And we have as many bathrooms as we have people in our house. LOL! So putting all of us in a room with one bathroom was a big switch. And I don't like the small of the water at the Wilderness Lodge for some reason.

I bring a room spray from Bath and Body Works. Depending on the season my scent varies. In October I took kitchen spice. Works like a charm! For a month after Disneyland, everytime I sprayed the house we were reminded of Disneyland:D

Hedy
12-06-2007, 09:49 PM
WHAT ??????????? :confused:

It's like a heat rash-caused by exposure of light reflecting off pale pavement in hot climates. People get a lot at Epcot. I'm packing calamine lotion, bendryl cream and gold bond this time. :D

eaglesdare
12-06-2007, 09:54 PM
my hiking boots.

so now that that is what i chose i better make sure i put them in the suitcase tomorrow.

i also am a heavy packer, and packed pretty good last time. there wasn't anything except for those hiking boots i would have liked to have had.

Kycha
12-06-2007, 10:04 PM
I wish i had packed.....other shoes

My crocs were non too friendly to me at disney got blisterd very bad on day 1....
Wow! I've never heard of anyone getting blisters from their crocs. Had you worn them in before heading to WDW? What did you do for the remainder of your trip? I hope you didn't suffer through it with those shoes.

The bandaid blister stick. This thing has been a lifesaver since I bought it for my work shoes. It would have been great last year at disney.

What is the bandaid blister stick? I have never heard of this?

bartleby1
12-06-2007, 10:31 PM
It's like a heat rash-caused by exposure of light reflecting off pale pavement in hot climates. People get a lot at Epcot. I'm packing calamine lotion, bendryl cream and gold bond this time. :D

Is that what it is?!?!? I get this every time I go to disney (we always go in July or August). It itches like crazy and only affects me from my ankles to about mid-calf. It was really bad the year I was pregnant, but I do get it every year. This past summer my mom happened to have some kind of prescription skin cream with her that helped me. For some reason, it is only my mom and I that get the rash. Strange.

bs4free
12-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Wow! I've never heard of anyone getting blisters from their crocs. Had you worn them in before heading to WDW? What did you do for the remainder of your trip? I hope you didn't suffer through it with those shoes. yep i suffered i had wore them before and broken them in but a full day at Disney in the heat is more of a workout on the shoes then i normally.. i got the blisters on the sides of my feet where the circular buttons are they rubbed me bad so i bandaged my feet in the rubbing area with cotton and wore some thick sox's that helped keep them from getting worse but they took a long time to heal and every i pushed my feet to keep going its Disney and i was not going to miss out because my feet had a bad day....:angel:

m 'n c
12-06-2007, 11:39 PM
What is the bandaid blister stick? I have never heard of this?

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=163404&catid=10579

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.Drugstore.com/prodimg/163404/200.jpg

You rub it on your feet where you normally would develop a blister and it just kind of coats the area and helps prevent blisters. It makes your feet sorta glide instead of stick and rub in the shoe. I keep one in my laptop bag and one in my purse.

~Kathie
12-07-2007, 01:45 AM
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=163404&catid=10579

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.Drugstore.com/prodimg/163404/200.jpg

You rub it on your feet where you normally would develop a blister and it just kind of coats the area and helps prevent blisters. It makes your feet sorta glide instead of stick and rub in the shoe. I keep one in my laptop bag and one in my purse.

Who knew??? I have New Balance walking shoes and they are the only shoes I wear at Disney. I wear them with heavy white cotton socks. Walking on the hot asphalt gives me blisters on the bottoms of my next to the baby toe on each foot.

I've gotten that rash a couple of times too. I do have a prescription skin cream that usually takes care of it.

The things you learn on SR!!! Amazing!

Lisaj68
12-07-2007, 11:55 AM

Is this more during the summer, or should I worry about this at Christmas time?

Speaking of shoes......I am sure there is a whole thread of this on another board "somewhere", but...!! I usually only wear "tennis" shoes when I am working out, not to wear around town. I see someone else just mentioned hiking boots...And poor Bryan had major issues with his crocs.

What kinds of shoes are good for Disney??

Hedy
12-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Is this more during the summer, I should I worry about this at Christmas time?

It happened to me in March, so IDK.

LuvMyBoys
12-07-2007, 12:27 PM
When I went in May I made the mistake of only bringing crocs for walking. I had them for about a month and thought they were broken in -- nope! :(

I wore them again in September with no problems AT ALL! :confused:

So I would suggest bringing at least 3 kinds of shoes so you can switch things up if one doesn't work out. :)

eaglesdare
12-07-2007, 12:31 PM
my hubby brought his hiking boots and was thankful (of course that was after he already got the blisters).

i just ended up double socked with my normal sneakers.

but i love my hiking boots, that is just what they are made for, hiking, and if you dont' think you are hiking in disney well, rofl

but seriously, disney is not the place to worry about what your feet look like. wear what you have already broken in. do not buy new shoes! wear double socks (this is what saved me last april)

Lisaj68
12-07-2007, 12:44 PM
but seriously, disney is not the place to worry about what your feet look like.

I think THAT is my problem! :p

PSL1013
12-13-2007, 10:42 AM

Oh, that's an excellent idea but in the BCV there are no plugs in the bathroom, are you putting it in the vanity area where the hair dryer is located? I might have to remember to add one of these to my suitcase next time. I thought of bringing a small scented candle but then how do you light it once you get there because you can't travel with matches/lighters? :heart:

PSL1013
12-13-2007, 10:46 AM

My husband and I both get this rash on every trip, just above the sock line on the back of our legs...it really itches too. I make sure I always bring cortisone cream to put on every night.

nolacindy
12-13-2007, 12:07 PM
A bottle opener. We took a bottle of wine with us last time and no opener.

bs4free
12-13-2007, 01:06 PM
I thought of bringing a small scented candle but then how do you light it once you get there because you can't travel with matches/lighters? :heart:

I am pretty sure the tsa lifited the restriction on lighters and you had been able to travel with a small about of matches for awhile as well....

But as always before flying its always a good idea to check out tsa.gov for the latest updates on what is and what is not allowed on filights...

BTW when i travel to disney is i wish i had packed more time an option....:rotfl:

Mom2aPrincess
12-13-2007, 01:41 PM
We went in the summer and I wished I had packed extra swimsuits...I hate putting on a damp swim suit.