PDA

View Full Version : Scavenger hunt

sunshinecindy
05-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Its that time again....who is ready for another scavenger hunt? This time I may not make it so easy on you, so be prepared. May even have Sunshinegirl up the anty a little bit for this one. :cooldance:

luvdisney
05-30-2007, 04:33 PM
a new scavenger hunt would be great! I have been getting better at them. My sister actually won $5 on the second to last one :)

JillyFish
05-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Oh goody!!! :clap: I've missed the scavenger hunt! Can't wait!

wilsonfamily4
05-30-2007, 04:56 PM
BOO :)

I am so bad at these. I always play, always lose. But they are somewhat fun

VanniGirl
05-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Yay - looking forward to it!

:banana:

chocovrdmicears
05-30-2007, 05:34 PM
I've never done one before. :confused: What do I need to know?:)

Hedy
05-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Me! Me!
~Hedy, who is not gloating over Chim chim cheree at all. ;)

sunshinecindy
05-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Heres a hint....sharpen up on the Fab 4....its going to be fun.

January
05-30-2007, 06:07 PM
I wanna play!!

Fab 4:confused: I am already lost!:rotfl:

sunshinecindy
05-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Thats NOT good, so heres another hint....they came from England and took the US by storm on the Ed Sullivan show.Ok, if you don't get that, you might not want to play. LOL:rotfl:

bbangel
05-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Can't wait. I love the hunt! :sunshine2:

January
05-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Thats NOT good, so heres another hint....they came from England and took the US by storm on the Ed Sullivan show.Ok, if you don't get that, you might not want to play. LOL:rotfl:

:rotfl:
:cooldance: fab 4 ....I get it now!

bbangel
05-30-2007, 06:41 PM

Okay it is all your fault that I have lyrics about an octopus' garden going through my head!
Is this in honor of the anniversary on Friday?

PSL1013
05-30-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm ready! :) I'm not good at these either because I'm not patient at all and always guess way too early! :cooldance:

lrsellars
05-30-2007, 09:26 PM
I can't wait. I love the hunt!!!

3dog2kidmom
05-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Can't wait Cindy!!!

kimntrent
05-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Does this have anything to do with 4 guys from Liverpool? Oh man bring it on! My mom and sister live and breathe them.

Kim
________
HARE KRISHNA - ISKCON DICUSSION (http://www.religionboard.org/hare-krishna-iskcon/)

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 10:58 PM
It is very sad to say that my first reaction was Il Divo??? Then I stopped and realized that you meant the other fab four lol THAT is why I shouldn't let my mind wonder. :sunshine2:

sunshinecindy
05-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Yes, its about the boys from Liverpool, and start picking brains, cause this one is going to be a tough one. Even sunshinegirl doesn't know the answer to this one, so she can't give you any hints.

3dog2kidmom
05-30-2007, 11:07 PM
But you are going to give *us* hints, aren't you SunshineCindy? Pretty please? With sugar on top? :rotfl:

llgray16
05-30-2007, 11:14 PM
Yippee! I really enjoy the scavenger hunts!

sunshinemckenzie
05-30-2007, 11:15 PM
looking forward to trying my hand at one :)

Pooh's Pal
05-31-2007, 12:39 AM
Awesome....can't wait!!

nolacindy
05-31-2007, 06:08 AM
Woohoo! Another reason to spend a some more time here!

nicholfamily5
05-31-2007, 11:54 AM
lol...I need to start spending some more time listening to MY music...I started thinking about the Wiggles.
sheesh.

Soccer Princess
05-31-2007, 12:24 PM
I love SH's but I'm not good at them. I might have to call my mom in for help on this one. :)

mom2dea
05-31-2007, 12:45 PM
ok so do we "hunt " for clue on the website ? Or you give us clues here and when we know the answer we do what ? I have never gotten in on these cause I am usually the one confussed by just the first hint but I got it this time so far ...LOL

Sarah

jnorth1007
05-31-2007, 12:49 PM
Cindy will post clues on the website somewhere and will post in the contests section when the first clue is posted. She will give you a list of answers that could be correct. You can answer as soon as you know it. For every clue that is added the amount you receive for a correct answer gets less until the end of the SH. Everyone who enters the correct answer gets a prize based upon how soon they answered. There will be a section that tells you how to enter your answer and once you enter your answer you can't play anymore you just have to wait until its over and find out the right answer. HTH! :sunshine2:

SunshineGirl
05-31-2007, 12:53 PM
I'll tell you this much. I am NOT a Beatles fan. Just not something that we really listened to except for the songs everyone knows. And she sent me the draft of the hunt last night. I was able to follow along the clues by searching the web. We even tweaked it a bit to make sure that one of the clues couldn't be interpreted in a different way. I think as long as you know how to use Google, you have a shot. :)

m 'n c
05-31-2007, 01:21 PM
I'll tell you this much. I am NOT a Beatles fan. Just not something that we really listened to except for the songs everyone knows. And she sent me the draft of the hunt last night. I was able to follow along the clues by searching the web. We even tweaked it a bit to make sure that one of the clues couldn't be interpreted in a different way. I think as long as you know how to use Google, you have a shot. :)

I'm excited to try. I never get them right but its fun to guess. :sunshine:

mom2dea
05-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Yippie and yep that helped answer all the question I had . Thanks for making the site fun !

Sarah

OhMari
05-31-2007, 02:23 PM
I am NOT a Beatles fan.I'm not either, but I love the song,
"What would you do if I sang out of tune, would you get up and walk out of me. Lend me your ear and I'll sing you a song, I"ll just try not to sing out of key, Oh', I get by with a little help from my friends, Oh, I get ______ with a little help from my friends."

Do you have the same family guidelines-rules as the DIS Tricia? I don't want to get an infraction by putting a word in that could get me in trouble. I just like that song.

-Me and dh had a great time listening to the British Invasion at Epcot and :cheers:

And, when is the Scavenger Hunt starting?

SunshineGirl
05-31-2007, 02:29 PM
Do you have the same family guidelines-rules as the DIS Tricia? I don't want to get an infraction by putting a word in that could get me in trouble. I just like that song.
And, when is the Scavenger Hunt starting?

I guess technically we have the same kind of guidelines. But I don't think that would violate because they lyric could be interpreted to mean different things for different people. :)

I am guessing that it will start next week?

jnorth1007
05-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Sad Sad Sad it took me quite a while to figure out what word was missing from that lyric :rotfl: Man I need a vacation Oh yeah thats why I am here to pay for one :sunshine2:

Kycha
05-31-2007, 04:03 PM
Man. You guys crack me up!:rotfl:

Bring on the hunt!!!!

experiment_627
05-31-2007, 04:13 PM
Woohoo! My first hunt! I am sure I won't do very well, but I am excited nonetheless!

Magical JenK
05-31-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm always chicken & only answer when I'm pretty sure I know the answer! Now, knowing some things about the Fab 4....my dad was/is a huge fan....I may have a really good chance at guessing before I know...but I doubt I will! :0) Thanks for letting us know what it's about already! That's nice!!

sunshinecindy
05-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Ya,but I'm rethinking giving you all some hints because all the replies I keep getting are how you have to ask your parents or older siblings about them....once again, I'm feeling old doing this scavenger hunt. :p

sunshinemckenzie
05-31-2007, 09:41 PM
Ya,but I'm rethinking giving you all some hints because all the replies I keep getting are how you have to ask your parents or older siblings about them....once again, I'm feeling old doing this scavenger hunt. :p

Please don't.....I might actually have a chance with this one:rotfl:

speechteachri
05-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Sad Sad Sad it took me quite a while to figure out what word was missing from that lyric :rotfl: Man I need a vacation Oh yeah thats why I am here to pay for one :sunshine2:

I'll keep a watch out. Will you let us know on here when the first clue is posted, or should we look for an announcement just on the member page of the site?

~Kathie
05-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Looking forward to it!!

Magical JenK
05-31-2007, 10:01 PM

Oh no, no....my parents had me when they were very, very young....THEY are not old & neither are you! :sunshine2:

(Does flattery help w/the hints??) :rotfl:

sunshinecindy
05-31-2007, 10:03 PM
Oh no, no....my parents had me when they were very, very young....THEY are not old & neither are you! :sunshine2:

(Does flattery help w/the hints??) :rotfl:

MMMMM,its helping a little....keep it up. :rotfl:

Magical JenK
05-31-2007, 10:15 PM
MMMMM,its helping a little....keep it up. :rotfl:

Does Tricia look like you? If so, you're the definition of beauty!

sunshinecindy
05-31-2007, 10:18 PM
No, not really. Same coloring, some similarities, walk alike, talk alike, but she has her dads expressions. But good suck up anyway.

SunshineGirl
05-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Does Tricia look like you? If so, you're the definition of beauty!

Hey, I'll give you the clues if she won't, Jen!

Magical JenK
05-31-2007, 11:08 PM
No, not really. Same coloring, some similarities, walk alike, talk alike, but she has her dads expressions. But good suck up anyway.

Thanks! I tried! :p

Magical JenK
05-31-2007, 11:09 PM
Hey, I'll give you the clues if she won't, Jen!

Great! I'll have to make sure you do that!! :rotfl:

Belle
06-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Looking forward to it! :)

mmiller711
06-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Some of us are in the over 40 crowd and still remember the 60's!! That really does not make us old. Just a little seasoned. Like a fine wine we just get better with age!! I can't wait for this one!!

sunshinecindy
06-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Some of us are in the over 40 crowd and still remember the 60's!! That really does not make us old. Just a little seasoned. Like a fine wine we just get better with age!! I can't wait for this one!!

And some of us over 50 are even finer wines....:rotfl:

3dog2kidmom
06-01-2007, 07:20 PM

I'm in the over 40 crowd... I remember my Junior and Senior year of high school sitting in the car on lunch breaks for "Beatles lunch hour." I can't wait to start this hunt!!!!

mmiller711
06-02-2007, 11:09 AM
I know exactly what I was listening to 40 years ago today!! This is going to be soooo much fun!!! Couldn't wait for the store to open and then we (my sister and my cousins that were visiting from CO) all sat around the record player all day! :party:

For you youngsters out there that's a big, black, vinyl CD player. :rotfl:

3dog2kidmom
06-02-2007, 11:26 AM
For you youngsters out there that's a big, black, vinyl CD player. :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
06-02-2007, 11:42 AM
I remember the first album that I ever bought with my very own money. Aunt Margaret gave me like $5 for my birthday and I bought an Olivia Newton-John album. I was so proud of that. Funny, I don't remember buying my first cassette or CD. There was just something about that big beautiful album cover.

sunshinecindy
06-02-2007, 10:47 PM
I remember the first album that I ever bought with my very own money. Aunt Margaret gave me like $5 for my birthday and I bought an Olivia Newton-John album. I was so proud of that. Funny, I don't remember buying my first cassette or CD. There was just something about that big beautiful album cover.

You got to be kidding, that tight old woman actually let loose with a little jing....sheesh.....wonder of all wonders.

sunshinecindy
06-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Heck, I can't remember what I had for dinner last night let alone what I was doing 40 years ago....:rotfl:

maggiec
06-02-2007, 11:02 PM

I remember my first 45 (those were the small records right). I bought a Boy George record, karmachameleon. Now everybody sing along with me in your head!

bbangel
06-02-2007, 11:03 PM
I remember my first 45 (those were the small records right). I bought a Boy George record, karmachameleon. Now everybody sing along with me in your head!

I just totally flashed on my sister and her best friend dancing on the bed singing this song. Her friend was sooooo in love with Boy George, which we still tease her about!

Is it really sad that the first music I bought for myself was a tape of Chopin music?

Pooh's Pal
06-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Heck, I can't remember what I had for dinner last night let alone what I was doing 40 years ago....:rotfl:

Cindy...you are not alone here!! I think I'm the oldest around here....:confused:

PSL1013
06-03-2007, 06:51 AM
Cindy...you are not alone here!! I think I'm the oldest around here....:confused:

I'm up there with the both of you too! Maybe we should have a "who's the oldest here and can't remember anything" contest? :rotfl:

mmiller711
06-03-2007, 08:00 AM
There are a ton of things I can't remember but 40 years ago one of the biggest albums ever recorded was released, IMHO, gotta remember those things. (no it wasn't Thriller!) Now, don't ask me which bills still need to be paid or my kids cell phone numbers. Cause even though I did bills last night and call my kids everyday, I don't remember those things. lol:confused:

I have power surges in my body thermostat :sunshine2: which cause power shortages in my brain! :confused:

sunshinecindy
06-03-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm up there with the both of you too! Maybe we should have a "who's the oldest here and can't remember anything" contest? :rotfl:

Would probably be a three way tie. :hugs:

~Kathie
06-03-2007, 01:01 PM

I'm betting I'm right up there with you. :cooldance:

lenzs4
06-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Am I still missing something or has this not started yet... I read the beginning of the thread and the end of the thread and I can not tell if it is coming or I missed it.

~Kathie
06-05-2007, 12:06 AM
Am I still missing something or has this not started yet... I read the beginning of the thread and the end of the thread and I can not tell if it is coming or I missed it.

You didn't miss it.........it's coming!!

sunshinecindy
06-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Should start tomorrow, I didn't give Tricia quite all the info she needed. Sorry.

TXMouseChaser
06-05-2007, 02:08 PM
:cooldance: :cooldance: Cool! I can't wait!! :cooldance: :cooldance:

MamaO
06-05-2007, 08:45 PM

Or a 4-way tie! At least there seem to be a few of us here!

sunshinecindy
06-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Get ready, set..............go.....its here. The scavenger hunt has been posted. Good luck.

lrsellars
06-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Has the first clue been posted too or will that be the next day or so? I've forgotten what happened the last time. Thanks!!!! This is so fun!!

jnorth1007
06-05-2007, 09:56 PM
The first clue isnt up yet. Cindy got me all excited but it still says 0 clues have been posted :rotfl:

~Kathie
06-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Waiting for the fist clue and then Let the game begin!!!

Pixiedust to all!!!! :tinkerbell:

ChickiePants
06-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Urgh. I searched like every page on the site and didn't even bother to look where it says "0 clues have been posted." :rolleyes: Don't mind saying that I feel like SUCH a ditz. :blush:

zoodoyle
06-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Urgh. I searched like every page on the site and didn't even bother to look where it says "0 clues have been posted." :rolleyes: Don't mind saying that I feel like SUCH a ditz. :blush:

I'm right there with ya'!!! :rotfl:

Pooh's Pal
06-05-2007, 10:10 PM

You are NOT alone!! :(

pattip03
06-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Same here!:rotfl:

SunshineGirl
06-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Now see, I try to help you all out. LOL! I like to get the game up first to get your brains going. I'll post the first clue in the morning. :)

speechteachri
06-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Just wanted Tricia to know that the prizes for the scavenger hunt are not listed correctly.

Two clue 3's listed.:)

SunshineGirl
06-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Good thing someone besides SunshineCindy is proofing my work. She must already have her anniversary on her mind. :rotfl:

Kycha
06-05-2007, 11:19 PM
The first clue isnt up yet. Cindy got me all excited but it still says 0 clues have been posted :rotfl:

Just wanted Tricia to know that the prizes for the scavenger hunt are not listed correctly.

Two clue 3's listed.

Ummm...where are you guys finding all this info??? I searched high and low and don't see anything about clues or prizes anywhere. Help a sista out here.:sunshine:

plantlady
06-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Ummm...where are you guys finding all this info??? I searched high and low and don't see anything about clues or prizes anywhere. Help a sista out here.:sunshine:

Under "member zone".. click on Scavenger hunt (in the news).

Kycha
06-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Under "member zone".. click on Scavenger hunt (in the news).

:thanks: Oh geez. I didn't even think to look over there. Thanks plantlady!!

abcboys
06-06-2007, 12:01 AM
I hope it starts soon. I'm ready for bed.......

sunshinecindy
06-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Good thing someone besides SunshineCindy is proofing my work. She must already have her anniversary on her mind. :rotfl:

Actually, she had bed on her mind....and not for her anniversary.

mmiller711
06-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Ohhhhhh, the hunt is beginning and I can't log into the site!!! This is not good, not good at all!!! I posted on the tech problems board...can't use the site to contact cause I can't log in...good luck everyone and I hope to be joining you soon...

abcboys
06-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Is it sad I've been waiting all morning for the first clue to post? Man, I need to get a life!!!

SunshineGirl
06-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Wait no more. :)

kimntrent
06-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Okay I don't get this hint: (Hint: You are looking for a single album title). Does that mean what? Lyndon B. was president an awfully long time. The one time I thought I could get this on the first clue. Uggg!

Kim
________
MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX (http://mflbvaporizer.com)

LuvMyBoys
06-06-2007, 12:23 PM
The clue is confusing to me too. Not that it's hard to confuse me :p The clue makes it sound like the answer is an album title, but that would be too easy. Then the clue says that he was president for "most" of these years?? So I think I was able to confidently cross one choice of the list :confused:

Pooh's Pal
06-06-2007, 12:29 PM
LBJ....lots of years there...single album title...not many....I just gave it my best shot, hopefully....I'll get something right!!

SunshineGirl
06-06-2007, 12:30 PM
There's a single album title that the Lyndon Johnson clue fits with very well. And the song that you want is on that particular album.

LuvMyBoys
06-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks Tricia, that helped me narrow it down a bit more :sunshine2:

kimntrent
06-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Well I think I have to recruit help here. But one song when you type the two of them together comes up.
________
LovelyWendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

mollyeilis
06-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Gol, and here I'm just trying to find the clue! :confused:

I mean, I just put all of my inherited Beatles albums in my cabinet, so there's ample study material (er, except for that broken record player issue), but the clue! Where's the clue!?

:p

lilangel
06-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Wow I almost knock some off the list by mistake:rotfl:

I'm down to 5 --Back to the drawing board

m4travels
06-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Well, I think I'm down to 2 songs....

Time to ponder..........

SunshineGirl
06-06-2007, 01:37 PM
If you are strictly going by the first clue, you should be down to about 10-12.

kimntrent
06-06-2007, 01:38 PM
How can you be down to 2
________
Children avandia (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/avandia/)

lilangel
06-06-2007, 01:43 PM
I have 4 left

m4travels
06-06-2007, 01:43 PM
If you are strictly going by the first clue, you should be down to about 10-12.
Not so sure about that.... but maybe I read a bit more into your helpful hints than I should have....

abcboys
06-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I narrowed it down to 2 songs also. If I'm doing it right of course. The album I think it is there is only 2 songs listed on the drop down list from that album to choose from. Of course I could be way off.

plantlady
06-06-2007, 01:51 PM
oh my.. I picked what I thought the right answer was..

now, I see that I should of had it narrowed down to 10-12.. oops.

oh well.. hopefully I got it right. :)

abcboys
06-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Well, I had it way wrong. I was going off the wrong album!! Now I have it narrowed down to 7. I think I'll wait till tomorrow to take a guess.....

SunshineGirl
06-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Go strictly on the basis that there is an album (or albums) related to the years LBJ was in office. And Amazon will then give you what songs are on the album or albums.

abcboys
06-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Booooo....everytime I keep checking the songs, alls I have done is knock of 2 songs I know it CAN'T BE. Now I have 12 songs that it COULD be. Will definately have to wait for another clue.

lilangel
06-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Boy I'm really missing up on this one :computer: Now I know what I did wrong.. Thanks Sunshinegirl!!:sunshine2:

~Kathie
06-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Booooo....everytime I keep checking the songs, alls I have done is knock of 2 songs I know it CAN'T BE. Now I have 12 songs that it COULD be. Will definately have to wait for another clue.

That's what I have left........12 songs!!! I eliminated the 2 songs that WEREN'T on the album.

Cindy was right............she did make this tough!

sunshinecindy
06-06-2007, 02:15 PM
It gets easier. It looks like you have Sunshinegirl helping you too.

PSL1013
06-06-2007, 02:17 PM
That's what I have left........12 songs!!! I eliminated the 2 songs that WEREN'T on the album.

Cindy was right............she did make this tough!

Exactly what I did and I also have 12 songs left...way too early to take a guess! :)

Lisaj68
06-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I narrowed it down to 2 songs also. If I'm doing it right of course. The album I think it is there is only 2 songs listed on the drop down list from that album to choose from. Of course I could be way off.

Right there with ya!! :sunshine2:

Lisa

eeny, meeny, miny, moe.....

SunshineGirl
06-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Definitely more like 12 than 2.....

schachteles
06-06-2007, 02:40 PM
I think that I have it down to three.

m4travels
06-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Definitely more like 12 than 2.....
I will STOP reading more into the clues and just go with Amazon!

Retracting earlier posting....

Hope everyone is having a great day!

mom2dea
06-06-2007, 02:49 PM
OK , I called my mom and she has told me of two albums but How are you guys Crossing off songs off the list with just that one clue ? I though all that clue was suppose to do was help us find the album or albums ?

Sarah

lilangel
06-06-2007, 03:07 PM
I think I'm going back to having 4 left....I have done alot of research at Amazon & Online.. I'm pretty sure the next clue will tell me if I'm heading on the right track or not.

marsham
06-06-2007, 03:12 PM
I have an idea, but people, it's one of the songs that is one the list, not an album name, only one Album that came uot during the Johnson presidency was a double. I am going to guess now as only one on the list is unique.

abcboys
06-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Yes, I do think it is 12 left. At first I had the wrong album and there were 2 songs on that album so that is why I thought it was between 2 songs. ( I had the wrong years for LBJ) But if you get the right album there are 12 songs listed on it on the list.

~Kathie
06-06-2007, 03:58 PM
If you're eliminting the 12 songs on the list that are the same as the ones on the album your doing it backwards.

You need to eliminate the songs on the Scavenger hunt list that are NOT on the album list.

There are 2.

HTH

mom2dea
06-06-2007, 04:09 PM
ok can someone tell me how to see a song list on amozon ? Or on any site for that matter ? In the meantime I am going to google it too thanks for any help .
ok figured that out but yet another question ...HEHE

So all the songs or Most of the songs on the dong list on Sunshine should be on the THE ALBUM that this cue brings us too ????

Sarah

MamaO
06-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Yes, I do think it is 12 left. At first I had the wrong album and there were 2 songs on that album so that is why I thought it was between 2 songs. ( I had the wrong years for LBJ) But if you get the right album there are 12 songs listed on it on the list.

It helped me that Cindy said we were to look for a single album. If I have the right one, I don't mind admitting that I have had this CD for quite awhile as it has many of my favorites on it. Earlier this year, I noticed it was missing - my 24 year-old had 'borrowed' it!

lenzs4
06-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Oh - I think I did a lot of work for nothing. I thought the clue meant that the song was released while LBJ was president and it was not an EP but a single release so I looked up every songs' release date and found every single released in the US and eliminated 4 songs - two that were released after LBJ was president and 2 that were never released as singles. Did I mess up?

From the discussion, I need to find and EP album that has mainly songs from the LBJ presidency timeline and the single album clue refers to many songs listed on one single album??

SunshineGirl
06-06-2007, 04:44 PM
From the discussion, I need to find and EP album that has mainly songs from the LBJ presidency timeline and the single album clue refers to many songs listed on one single album??

Bingo. (and that's not a clue--LOL!)

mom2dea
06-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Bingo. (and that's not a clue--LOL!)

ok I am even more confused by EP. I was thinking it was an ALBUM during the dates this guy was president but then it says most of 3 yrs and well he was a president longer then 3 yrs according to the Whitehouse . So that confussed me more . The single title album could mean MANY things as my Dh keeps pointing out .

And my pregnant brian is very tired after searching Amozon and Google for 3 hours now and to come up with not one darn album that even has more then 4 of these songs listed :(

I officially already giving up I am way to young for this one I am assuming sence I bearly listen to even one of there songs .

Sarah

marsham
06-06-2007, 05:23 PM
OK, once again, the clue is to look for albums that the songs are on. At least one song is not on ANY of the albums that were out during LBJs terms in office. He came into the presidency when JFK was killed and then was reelected. So there are lots of albums to look at. THis is a process of elimination game, you eliminate songs based on the clues till you either guess (as I already did based on my own thinking) or you figure out the answer.

sunshinecindy
06-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Ok, heres a little hint....why don't you look at the title of the albums, maybe that will give you a clue as to when LBJ was in office. Remember, he finished out the presidency for JFK and then had his own 4 year term. Don't get too deep into thought right now on the songs, look for the title album which will match the clue.

sunshinecindy
06-06-2007, 05:52 PM
OK , I called my mom and she has told me of two albums but How are you guys Crossing off songs off the list with just that one clue ? I though all that clue was suppose to do was help us find the album or albums ?

Sarah

You are right on Sarah.

bbangel
06-06-2007, 05:57 PM
I actually have this album on cassette tape. Great first clue!

jnorth1007
06-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Ok I think I finally have what we were looking for. Not that I can make any guesses :rotfl: I am way too anal to guess without 90% certainty that I am right and as of now I have no idea. But I am having fun anyways!

mmiller711
06-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks for getting me back into my account so quickly!!

I have 2 crossed off my list! Waiting for the next clue!!!

abcboys
06-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Does anyone know if we will get another clue today?

mollyeilis
06-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Quick question (though whether or not it will help me remains to be seen...something about the scavenger hunts just doesn't work with my brain, I never did understand what last one's was all about!)...is this the US releases, or the UK releases?

Seems the UK releases were often named different things, and there were FAR more than the US releases...would probably make a difference!

abcboys
06-07-2007, 12:13 PM
They give you a list of songs to choose from. I think there is
14 on the list.

bbangel
06-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Just go with the albums that are listed on Amazon.com (so you can assume US release)

SunshineGirl
06-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm going to help you out even more before I post the next clue because 1) you are my friends, and 2) some of your are way off!

There is a 2-album(CD) set with a name that is made up of years. There are a total of 26 songs on this particular set. You are looking for a song that it on that set.

And I will post a second clue shortly that will narrow it down. :)

pattip03
06-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks Tricia. That's a big help to me! :sunshine:

abcboys
06-07-2007, 01:14 PM
I am seeing RED!!! If you know what I mean!!

Joni
06-07-2007, 01:14 PM
That was a big help!!

abcboys
06-07-2007, 02:32 PM
The new clue didn't really help me out any. I only knocked off 2 more off the list. Still 10 left to choose from........

LuvMyBoys
06-07-2007, 02:33 PM
I only knocked 2 more off too. Looks like I will be waiting until the third clue to try to make a guess. :)

lilangel
06-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Wow.. I just knock off 5 from list leaving me 7 to choose from...If she means UK number #1 hits then I knock off too many :confused:

Joni
06-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I only have 4 left....

SunshineGirl
06-07-2007, 03:05 PM
The new clue didn't really help me out any. I only knocked off 2 more off the list. Still 10 left to choose from........

If I remember correctly, this sounds like where I was, too, after this clue.

lilangel
06-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks Sunshinegirl..Back to the drawing board. I really wish I would stop assuming everything:rotfl:

lrsellars
06-07-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm only down to 8. I was down to 11 after the first clue. I'm using the date that the song was recorded. Are we to use the release dates? Not sure - maybe they are the same.

jnorth1007
06-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Im at 10 also.

jnorth1007
06-07-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm only down to 8. I was down to 11 after the first clue. I'm using the date that the song was recorded. Are we to use the release dates? Not sure - maybe they are the same.

I think you are getting too far into it. The album was released during this time not each individual song. You will eliminate or keep songs based upon which ones are on this album.

lrsellars
06-07-2007, 03:29 PM
I think you are getting too far into it. The album was released during this time not each individual song. You will eliminate or keep songs based upon which ones are on this album.

But wasn't this album released after Johnson left office? I always read more into the clues then is really there but I thought the dates that Johnson was in office and the dates the songs were released went together. Help!!!

Maybe the Johnson clue was to just help us find the album name - didn't have anything to do with the songs release dates??? Help - I'm sooooo slow!!!

~Kathie
06-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Maybe the Johnson clue was to just help us find the album name - didn't have anything to do with the songs release dates???

Exactly!!!! You got it!!! :cooldance:

Im at 10 also.

After the second clue I have 10 left as well.

PSL1013
06-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Im at 10 also.

I also have 10 left! :)

Joni
06-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Ok - I figured out what I did wrong - I'm at 10

lenzs4
06-07-2007, 04:50 PM
OK - with the help of this thread, I finally figured out the CD reference and have narrowed down to 10 songs. Here is the interesting part....
Earlier I posted how I had solved the first clue (finding every song ever released as a single and eliminating any that were not singles as well as eliminating any not released during LBJ's term as President - WELL, now that I have solved it correctly, the same 4 songs were eliminated!!!!! If only I had known - it would have saved me the several more hours it took to solve it the way it was intended!

JillyFish
06-07-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm totally confused!!! :confused:

Can we get confirmation on what the right album is from the 1st clue? Or would that be giving too much away? I used a different album (that also had the correct years associated with it) than what was mentioned here on this thread. I'm down to 7 songs.

HELP!! :computer:

jnorth1007
06-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Tricia said that it was an album thats title is years. If you aren't using an album whose title is years that has most of these songs on it, you aren't heading in the right direction :rotfl:

lenzs4
06-07-2007, 05:15 PM
She also siad it had 26 songs total - and only one set with years in the title had 26 songs!

ShanPooh
06-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Are we talking #1 in the United States, #1 in England, or both?
There is also #1 by the Beatles 1 album.
Hmmm....

mollyeilis
06-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Hmmm....

I think they are just focusing on the US albums. Even though amazon sells imports, I was told earlier that just going by the Amazon info I'd just get the US stuff.

I'm confused, though...found a CD (if we're not talking vinyl, let's all just dump "album", shall we? confusing me!) with years in it, most of them under LBJ's reign, 26 songs, matched someone else's little hint of seeing red...but from that list I only dropped three off my list, leaving 11. Others are saying they have 10, dropping 4.

Then with the #2 hint from the site, if I used the right info, I only dumped another 2, leaving 9. This is all assuming I copied the drop-down list of songs correctly, and that there are 14 to begin with.:confused:

My brain just does NOT work this way...I don't know why I try. I should just guess and be done with it! Augh.

bbangel
06-07-2007, 07:19 PM
I only dropped three off my list, leaving 11. Others are saying they have 10, dropping 4.

Then with the #2 hint from the site, if I used the right info, I only dumped another 2, leaving 9. This is all assuming I copied the drop-down list of songs correctly, and that there are 14 to begin with.:confused:
Augh.

With the first clue you should have dropped two. With the second clue two more. So you should be at 10 right now.

JillyFish
06-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Geesh! I think I am FINALLY up to speed on this!! I have 10 songs left. Too many to make a guess yet.

Cindy, you weren't kidding.....you're really making us work for this one!!

PSL1013
06-07-2007, 07:29 PM
With the first clue you should have dropped two. With the second clue two more. So you should be at 10 right now.

You beat me to it...I was just going to say the same thing to help people out a little! :thumbsup:

3dog2kidmom
06-07-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm confused, though...found a CD (if we're not talking vinyl, let's all just dump "album", shall we? confusing me!)

Album
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Album (disambiguation).
An album or record album is a collection of related audio or music tracks distributed to the public. The most common way is through commercial distribution, although smaller artists will often distribute directly to the public by selling their albums at live concerts or on their websites.

The tracks on an album may be related by subject, mood or sound, and may even be designed to express a unified message or tell a story (as in the case of a concept album), or the tracks may simply represent a convenient grouping of recordings made at one time or place, or recordings whose commercial rights are controlled by a single record label. A group of audio tracks is considered to be an album if it has a generally consistent track list (often with minor differences or bonus tracks in different territories, or if the album is "reissued" at different times). An album may be released in a single format, such as on compact disc, or in multiple media formats, ranging from physical ones such as CDs, DVD audio, cassettes and vinyl records, to digital ones such as MP3 and AAC files or streaming audio.

So anyway, I was WAY off base on the album clue. DH googled and found an obscure reference to a song that was supposedly written about LBJ on one of the albums released during his presidency. There was only one song on that album in our list of choices so I guessed. We thought we were SOOO smart... didn't even think about the numbers title. Darn it. The good thing is that the song is on that album too so I do have a chance. I can't wait to find out! DH has even been talking about this to people he met in the gas station, LOL!!

MamaO
06-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Hmmm....

I have the same question. I'm down to 10 (like lots of others) when I count # 1 hits across both countries. But I'm finding a couple that show up as # 1 hits on UK lists that weren't ever # 1 in the US - so if I count only US I have 8 left.

luvdisney00
06-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Oh I was really lost, but now I just put it all together and I have 10 left as well. Now which one is it!!!!:confused: I don't want to guess yet, I'll wait for the next clue.

mollyeilis
06-07-2007, 09:11 PM

thank you very much. that was very clear, and helped my confused and frustrated mind.

abcboys
06-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Isn't it funny all the trouble we go thru for .25? And a POSSIBILITY of 5.00!!!!

kimntrent
06-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Remember the hint. You are looking for a single album title. I think I got it.

Kim
________
HOMEMADE HEAT GUN VAPORIZER (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

kimkatmom
06-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Got it! thanks for the last clue! :cooldance:

Pooh's Pal
06-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Wondering if someone could post the choices that were on the list?

I already voted and of course I can no longer see the list of songs but I'm still following the clues with you all. (and I think I was incorrect! :( )

I know Tricia did this last hunt on SR...do you think you could post em' here?

Thanks if you can! :)

kimntrent
06-08-2007, 11:01 AM
I would love to help but I can't either. I already posted my answer.

Kim
________
Iolite Catalytic (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

Joni
06-08-2007, 11:11 AM
From Me to You
She Loves You
I Want to Hold Your Hand
Hard Days Night
With A Little Help From My Friends
I Feel Fine
Ticket to Ride
Day Tripper
Michelle
Can't Buy Me Love
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Yesterday
You've Got to Kide Your Love Away
Yellow Submarine

mollyeilis
06-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Album
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Album (disambiguation).
An album or record album is a collection of related audio or music tracks distributed to the public. The most common way is through commercial distribution, although smaller artists will often distribute directly to the public by selling their albums at live concerts or on their websites.

The tracks on an album may be related by subject, mood or sound, and may even be designed to express a unified message or tell a story (as in the case of a concept album), or the tracks may simply represent a convenient grouping of recordings made at one time or place, or recordings whose commercial rights are controlled by a single record label. A group of audio tracks is considered to be an album if it has a generally consistent track list (often with minor differences or bonus tracks in different territories, or if the album is "reissued" at different times). An album may be released in a single format, such as on compact disc, or in multiple media formats, ranging from physical ones such as CDs, DVD audio, cassettes and vinyl records, to digital ones such as MP3 and AAC files or streaming audio.

I was FAR too overwhelmed to even DEAL with this answer yesterday.

But then later I was looking at the first clue again, and sunshinecindy wrote "albums or CDs" in her first clue. Meaning she sees a difference. Or is indicating the realization that different people call them different things.

Since what we are researching on amazon.com is CDs, not actual vinyl (I do recognize that the album name it seems we were looking for was initially released on vinyl and re-released on CD), it just makes sense to be as specific as possible. If we were researching vinyl, we likely would NOT have been on amazon, as there would be easier ways to research the releases on vinyl and what order they went in.

I decided I just do NOT get the way these scavenger hunts work, so I made a guess, and decided to do my usual scavenger hunts on the cloth diaper sites I used to purchase from (a huge group of them have a month-long twice-yearly thing), since I understand those. :) So I made a guess on sunshine, and maybe it'll work out for me. :)

jnorth1007
06-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Don't forget guys that this is all done in fun and that it is not to be taken too seriously. There have been soooo many clues thrown around to help each other guess. The idea is to do something fun that keeps us all on the site having a good time, maybe using some brain cells and perhaps earning a little bit of money. In the end, it is a game. Don't get distressed or down trodden over it. If a clue is still not making sense ask for clarification, I think we have all seen how easy Tricia and Cindy are to give hints :rotfl: I bet they have a tough time keeping secrets those two. :rotfl: :hugs: and enjoy!

SunshineGirl
06-08-2007, 02:08 PM
LOL! Yes. I am the WORST at keeping secrets. Cindy is a little better than I am. SunshineGuy is the absolute worst in the world (like trying to give me my Christmas gifts the day that he buys them-even if it is November). If you ever want to crack a Sunshine secret, he's the one to hit up for sure. LOL! Unfortunately, I don't think we told him the answer to the scavenger hunt this time. :rotfl:

Do you all want another clue? I'll go find the next one and get it posted.

bbangel
06-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Do you all want another clue? I'll go find the next one and get it posted.

I do, I do!

PSL1013
06-08-2007, 02:26 PM
me too, me too! :clap:

bartleby1
06-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Third clue is up! Thanks, Tricia!

Off to research some more, lol!

lenzs4
06-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Oh - you are killing me. I do not know the lyrics to these:eek:
More research, more research, more research

OK I'm ready now!

bartleby1
06-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Oh - you are killing me. I do not know the lyrics to these:eek:
More research, more research, more research

OK I'm ready now!

Try www.seeklyrics.com

I think I eliminated 4 more. Down to 6 to pick from!

jnorth1007
06-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Try www.seeklyrics.com

I eliminated 4 also and am down to 6. :cooldance:

bartleby1
06-08-2007, 03:20 PM

Oh good! You mean I might actually be on the right track, lol!:rotfl: I so want to take a guess, but I'm going to wait it out until I'm sure this time.

PSL1013
06-08-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm down to 6 left to choose from! :)

~Kathie
06-08-2007, 03:53 PM

Me too!! Whew!!! Still too many to guess.....but I decided to go for it.

lenzs4
06-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Try www.seeklyrics.com

THANK YOU!!! I am too! Although I am thinking of eliminating "Yesterday" - The word is in the song but I do not "hear love" I hear depression and hope but not love - what do you all think?

~Kathie
06-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Tricia,

Is it possible to keep the choices on the Scavenger Hunt page even after we have submitted our choice?

You have done that in past hunts and it was great.

Thanks!

Alice28
06-08-2007, 09:44 PM
I need to get on the bandwagon! I haven't even started looking for clues- been so tired and busy this week! My parents were HUGE Beatles fans, so hopefully my younger years of listening to the Fab Four will pay off here.

Magical JenK
06-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Ok just started playing! I'm down to 6 now too! Woo hoo!

Alice28
06-08-2007, 11:51 PM
OK, why am I down to 5 then....when everyone else has 6. :confused:

Mom_of_2_Bichons
06-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Love this thread! It really helps me keep focused on this scavenger hunt! I feel like I working with friends! :hugs:

Pooh's Pal
06-09-2007, 12:20 AM
From Me to You
She Loves You
I Want to Hold Your Hand
Hard Days Night
With A Little Help From My Friends
I Feel Fine
Ticket to Ride
Day Tripper
Michelle
Can't Buy Me Love
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Yesterday
You've Got to Kide Your Love Away
Yellow Submarine

Thanks so much for posting these!!!

mmiller711
06-09-2007, 09:41 AM
6! Yes, I appear to be on track with everyone else!!

Pooh's Pal
06-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Heres a hint....sharpen up on the Fab 4....its going to be fun.
At first I thought Cindy meant, Mickey, Minnie, Donald & Goofy....as the "Fab 4"...or is that the Fab 5 with Pluto thrown in there?? :confused:

abcboys
06-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Okay, I give up. Can someone give me a clue as to where the 4th clue is. I've searched the site high and low and can't find it......

abcboys
06-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Never mind I found it.....

mmiller711
06-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Well, I took my guess! Now for the waiting. You out did yourself this time Cindy! Thanks! :clap:

sunshinecindy
06-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Well, I took my guess! Now for the waiting. You out did yourself this time Cindy! Thanks! :clap:

I hope you enjoyed it. I know it was a little tough, but it kept you guys on your toes. Hope everyone enjoyed it...its just a game.

bartleby1
06-10-2007, 12:03 PM
I took my guess too. I *think* I may have gotten it correct this time.

I'm not very good at these, but I do enjoy them!

bbangel
06-10-2007, 02:44 PM
I took my guess but I'm not sure if I'm right. Fingers crossed!

Alice28
06-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I gave my guess too. Hope I'm right. I want a chance at the $5! :sunshine: Thanks for the game :heart: .

luvdisney00
06-10-2007, 10:27 PM
I had a hard time with this one, but I took a guess! We'll see:confused: ...

SunshineGirl
06-10-2007, 10:28 PM
I see about 60 winners so far!

luvdisney00
06-10-2007, 10:30 PM
cool....I hope I'm one of them...LOL :)

ChickiePants
06-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Hope I'm one of them! I played it safe and guessed on the last day so I think I have a good chance of getting the .05, but I highly doubt I'll win the prize. I never win anything! Oh well...I am MORE than happy with pennies! :D

~Kathie
06-11-2007, 10:53 PM
I took a guess after the 3rd clue and after seeing the 4th clue, I think I got it right!

Great challenge Cindy!! Thanks!

Alice28
06-12-2007, 12:03 AM
I think I might have messed up- darnit! That's the second time I've messed up with my own writing (I write down the answers on a piece of paper and use that as my crib notes.....I think I forgot to write one of the actual answers down!!!!!!!! And that may have been the winner! :computer: Dumb me!)

bartleby1
06-12-2007, 07:04 AM
I see about 60 winners so far!

Oooohh, I hope I'm one of them too! Can't believe how excited we all get over a few pennies, lol! Isn't today the day the answer will be revealed? I'm so impatient, lol!:rotfl:

Tasha228
06-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Okay, so has the answer been revealed yet and I just missed it or something? I ventured a guess after clue 2 and I was probably wrong but I am keeping my fingers crossed anyway!

SunshineGirl
06-12-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm about 3 steps away from having the answer posted and all of the credits. You can get into the page again to see the possible answers. We've had a little family issue this morning that I have been trying to wrap my brain around so I'm SOOOOOOOWW today. But I'm just about there. Looks like lots of winners!

Tasha228
06-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks! I hope the family issue is nothing serious!

SunshineGirl
06-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Credits are posting. I don't know who the winner is, but we shall soon see!

PSL1013
06-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Credits are posting. I don't know who the winner is, but we shall soon see!

It's ME....I'm the winner!!! Thank you so much!! I'm shocked!! :cooldance:

JillyFish
06-12-2007, 12:54 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :sunshine2:

I got my .05 for a correct answer!! :cooldance: And I'll take it because I would've never got it right by guessing before the 4th clue! :rotfl:

barbaraapple
06-12-2007, 12:57 PM
I got it correct :cooldance:
Thats .05 more cents !!!!!!

Tasha228
06-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Okay, so what was the correct answer???

bbangel
06-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Okay, so what was the correct answer???

She Loves You

Tasha228
06-12-2007, 01:02 PM
She Loves You

Thanks! That's what I get for guessing prematurely!

bbangel
06-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks Cindy for making such a great scavenger hunt. I really enjoyed this one! :clap:

SunshineGirl
06-12-2007, 01:12 PM

Congratulations!! I was able to see all of the winners once they posted to your accounts (up until that point, I could only see userids...which all blur in my head!). It looks like a lot of you did well!!

sumrmist
06-12-2007, 01:39 PM
woohooo thanks to the third clue I got it right too !!!
thanks Tricia and Cindy

Pooh's Pal
06-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Thanks! That's what I get for guessing prematurely!
Me too!!

I guessed "Yesterday"....it was on the Help album (single title album) Guessed way too soon....once clue 2 was posted...I knew I'd guessed wrong! Oh well..next one!:(

sunshinecindy
06-13-2007, 09:06 AM
And there will be a next one, maybe it won't be as hard. Glad you all liked this one. I think they are just as much fun to make as they are watching you all guess.

jnorth1007
06-13-2007, 09:42 AM
:sunshine: Thanks for the hard work Cindy. That was alot of fun.