PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo!

Hedy
12-07-2007, 11:14 AM
SSE is open for soft-opening now. Squee!

pbhall13
12-07-2007, 12:08 PM
ohhhhhh hope you get in........report back to us when you get home......curious to find out more about the changes

Blessing and Miracle
12-07-2007, 12:09 PM
I wanna be excited too, but I don't know what that is!:rotfl:

Hedy
12-07-2007, 12:11 PM
I wanna be excited too, but I don't know what that is!:rotfl:

Spaceship Earth.

Blessing and Miracle
12-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Spaceship Earth.

Ooookkaaayy!:confused:

I'm sorry. I am truly a Disney fan and I've been threre three times. Matter of a fact, our last two summer vacations were spent at DisneyLand and Disneyworld, but.....I still don't know what that is!:rotfl:

Hedy
12-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Ooookkaaayy!:confused:

I'm sorry. I am truly a Disney fan and I've been threre three times. Matter of a fact, our last two summer vacations were spent at DisneyLand and Disneyworld, but.....I still don't know what that is!:rotfl:

It's the ride in Epcot's golf ball-it was just redone.

Blessing and Miracle
12-07-2007, 01:20 PM
It's the ride in Epcot's golf ball-it was just redone.

Okay, that explains it, we haven't visited Epcot. Thanks for explaining.:p That's the only park we haven't visted as of yet.

bs4free
12-07-2007, 03:34 PM
thats great! i can not wait to hear about all the new changes and how good it is!

Mom2aPrincess
12-09-2007, 02:22 PM
We're going here soon and I hope it's still open then!! I can't wait to see it and I was really disappointed that for one of my girl's first trips, this was not going to be open! :cooldance:

arob414
12-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Ohhh, I so miss Disney World. I love Epcot! Well, I love all things Disney, but I am really looking forward to our next trip, it will have been 4 yrs. Spaceship Earth may not have been the most fantastic ride but it takes me back to going with my sis the first year Epcot was open. It was our last family vacation before she got married. We had a ball.

Magical JenK
12-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Ooh yes, I'd like to hear what it is now like!! DH & I think it was an odd attraction, but we still HAVE to do it. We really missed it this year!

tommygirl79
12-19-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm so anxious to hear about the changes!!! This one is my oldest DDs favorite and it was closed for the refurb the last time we were there.

SunshineGirl
12-19-2007, 08:55 AM
SSE is open for soft-opening now. Squee!

Totally off topic, but I just read this. You can pull off the Squee much better than I can. LOL! Clearly you are younger and more hip than me. :rotfl:

JillyFish
12-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Totally off topic, but I just read this. You can pull off the Squee much better than I can. LOL! Clearly you are younger and more hip than me. :rotfl:

Okay....I have no idea what SQUEE means! :rotfl: Is it anything like WOOT? Will it be the new word in Webster's dictionary next year????? If so, we are THE MOST hip forum!!! :cooldance:

Hedy
12-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Okay....I have no idea what SQUEE means! :rotfl: Is it anything like WOOT? Will it be the new word in Webster's dictionary next year????? If so, we are THE MOST hip forum!!!
It's kind of a sign of joy-think "My Sunshine Gift cards came today-squee!"

:rotfl: Or I spend too much time on the interwebs. ;)

I was underwhelmed by the new SSE-I thought it already felt dated-it's the old audio-anamatronics scenes until Steve Jobs, then it goes into a computer touch screen of "the future"-which seemed kind of Old Tomorrowland to me already. Plus, I know I'm a germaphobe, but...touch screens at WDW seem like a great way to spread germs.

tommygirl79
12-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Hmmmm...that's disappointing. I was hoping for a bunch of new ideas...:(

faithhope
12-19-2007, 12:38 PM
I liked that they kept most of the history of communication scenes...They did change the greek play scene to a greek math scene. The touch screen thing was cute... my kids liked it... but not appropriate for a ride...

After the ride they have a room with a few fun touch screen "games" . Even if the ride is closed I suggest going in the exit to play the games...
I saw a cool skeleton parts of the body game...and a race car game (oh how I wish "super pass" was a real option)... I think the touch screen game from the ride would do better in this after ride area...

I'm hoping that the touch screen game in the ride was only there to entertain people while they finish up the ride. The official opening date isn't until February I believe.

If they keep the ride as I saw it... Spaceship Earth will go from our "traditional" first ride of the day...a ride everyone from grandpa to little kids enjoyed .... to a we did it last year why bother going on it again kind of ride.

Faith