PDA

View Full Version : IE vs Mozilla Firefox, etc

lanny76
12-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi,

Guess I'm still learning what works and what doesn't on SR! I didn't even know until I read thru some older posts yest. that SR works best with IE; here I've been using Mozilla firefox for a whole month! I generally like that better. I didn't notice anything funny until a few days ago when I started doing more offers, and the fast crediting offers didn't credit fast - some I did 4 days ago still haven't! So i've switched for SR anyway. So I wonder, is it OK to wait 7-10 days and then redo at least the fast crediting ones?
And also, I think I forgot to put some I did on pending, so if I accidentally redo one or 2 I actually did is that counted cheating - or is cheating just considered like trying to re-sign up for survey sites that you already joined thru somewhere else? That I have record of and absolutely would not do!
My last ? is exactly how much does it take to become Super Member?
TIA for any answers - I know, a lot of ?s ! :)

lanny (real name Lanae; lanny is my nickname)

m 'n c
12-07-2007, 10:04 PM
I think what happens is that you have luck in the beginning using browsers like Firefox or AOL and then your luck starts running out for the offers. I'm not sure the why behind it but that's what we've regulars around here have noticed.

That said if you run into daily survey issues with Greenfield some people are reporting to have luck using Firefox for that only. So I'd definetly try it if you have a problem.

Now on to redoing the freebies -> if you don't receive credit go ahead and pull them out of pending and try again. You can try them as much as you want until you get credit. It has been noted that with some offers you have a better shot of getting them to credit at the beginning of the month vs. end of month. But knowing which ones these are is impossible. It just all depends on the back end with the advertisers and SR doesn't know which ones do this and which ones don't.

Next, if you don't put an item in pending don't worry. I have had things that I have taken out meaning to do in a few days come through in manual credits. Also sometimes the fast creditors credit faster than people can move them to pend. So I think pending is more for your benefit that to actually determine if an offer credits or not. Also it helps keep track on the paid trials you do since you don't really want to repeat those.

SM -> $100 every quarter (Quarters run Jan 1-Mar 31, Apr 1-Jun 30, July 1-Sept 30, Oct 1-Dec 31)

lanny76
12-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the info. :) I already noticed a difference today with IE - 5 things I did came right thru!! If I can get some of these other things to credit, my balance will look better and better. THis is really starting to be fun watching things come and to get to redeem - wheee!:sunshine2:
So, then, if I switch to IE and redo those that I have pending, do I need to clear cookies first - or are the cookies in firefox, and not yet in IE until I do the offers in it? I'm kinda ignorant on stuff like that.

lanny

m 'n c
12-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I don't know how the cookies work. I've always thought they were something saved on your computer and didn't matter about internet browsers but then I think I've read things to the contrary. If you don't have issues clearing cookies I'd go ahead and do it to be on the safe side.

lanny76
12-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Hi,

My husband, who is an absolute computer geek/whiz, a real techie, just got home, so I asked him about the cookie deal, and he says that the different operating systems do have their own cookie setup. But anyway, he said it's still a good idea to check, so I will do that - and that will keep me busy enough till bedtime!

thanks for your help

lanny

lanny76
12-07-2007, 11:33 PM
just an update - my hubby helped me look it up and it does appear that IE is putting cookies in a completely separate file than Mozilla firefox is. I haven't used IE much in several months, so there were relatively few cookies in it, just from today, and from a few months ago. Firefox, on the other hand - what a huge jumble!:eek: :headache: Oh well, for SR I'll just start fresh on IE

lanny