PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Auction Item Received!

spring
12-08-2007, 08:04 AM
I bid on, and won, the crocheted purse that was in the auction a week or two ago. It really looked nice in the picture, and I was impressed that it was all hand made. I just received the purse yesterday, and I have to tell you, it is gorgeous. The pic just didn't do it justice! I can carry it by the handles, or use it as a shoulder bag. There are even pockets in the inside for all my "stuff." It looked little in the pic, but it is actually bigger, but not too big. The beading is iridescent and really accentuates the crocheting.

All the proceeds went to Animal Rescue. Unfortunately, I was the only one who bid on it. I think it would be great if everyone checked the SR Auction site out now and again. Hopefully, you will also be able to win a gem like this!

sunshinecindy
12-08-2007, 09:35 AM
I am so glad you like it Pat. The lady works really hard on them and does a great job. She has MS and I know at times its hard for her to make her little fingers work right but she takes such pride in her work and makes sure its perfect. I have several others to put in the auction but not sure if I am going to, so if anyone is interested they just need to keep checking back.

jl8595
12-09-2007, 09:18 AM
I saw the purse in person yesterday and it IS gorgeous!! Wow - she does a fantastic job making those purses. I agree, the picture didn't do it justice. I wish I had bid on it!!!

And thankfully...I think it's actually big enough to hold all of Spring's stuff...she carries EVERYTHING in her purse! :rotfl:

spring
12-09-2007, 09:39 AM
I saw the purse in person yesterday and it IS gorgeous!! Wow - she does a fantastic job making those purses. I agree, the picture didn't do it justice. I wish I had bid on it!!!

And thankfully...I think it's actually big enough to hold all of Spring's stuff...she carries EVERYTHING in her purse! :rotfl:

You got that right!:rotfl: