PDA

View Full Version : So excited I'm going to cry!!!

3dog2kidmom
05-30-2007, 10:12 PM
I was counting the gift cards and cash stash in my "Mickey Jar", and together with the credits I have pending, I have over $900. And I just got this from my travel agent...

Subject: Walt Disney World(R) Reservation Confirmed - Guest Copy

**** WALT DISNEY COMPANY RESERVATION CONFIRMATION ****

Your confirmation number is:
Booked for Guest(s):

By Travel Agency:
SHELLI'S VACATION TRAVEL
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Itinerary Details

Check in 12/24/2007 for 5 nights

2 Adults, 2 Children

Resort Name: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Special Rate Type: Annual Product
Room Type: Standard View
Park Tickets: 5 Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket
Package Type: Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining
Special Requests: Refrigerator, Ground Floor, Jamaica Bldg

-------

YIPPEE!!!! Now... how to convice the kids (again) that the trip is from Santa and it *is* their Christmas present...

SunshineGirl
05-30-2007, 10:14 PM
YEA!!! That is so cool!!! :cooldance:

cglaura
05-30-2007, 10:59 PM
That is fantastic! Congrats! :clap:

Can I ask about how long that took you to save? I am saving up for a December trip also, but in the beginning of the month.

As for the Santa thing...does Santa use unique wrapping paper? In my house all of the gifts he leaves is different from what Mom gives. Maybe you could wrap a few Mickey gift cards and ask Santa to write a letter inviting them to Disney to see them both! Are they old enough go for that?

3dog2kidmom
05-30-2007, 11:15 PM
That is fantastic! Congrats! :clap:

Can I ask about how long that took you to save? I am saving up for a December trip also, but in the beginning of the month.

As for the Santa thing...does Santa use unique wrapping paper? In my house all of the gifts he leaves is different from what Mom gives. Maybe you could wrap a few Mickey gift cards and ask Santa to write a letter inviting them to Disney to see them both! Are they old enough go for that?

Hi Laura... this is pretty much since mid-January when we got back from our land/sea vacation where I spent everything I'd saved up to that point. I'll have a small bonus and a Christmas club check coming the very day the final payment is due to cover whatever balance I can't save with rewards, ebay, or garage sales this year.

This year the kids will be 8 and 10. Two years ago Santa surprised them Christmas morning with an invitation and packed suitcases (new, with their initials embroidered on them) under the tree. We woke them up at 4 a.m. and told them to come down. The note said something like "go get dressed, you're going to Disney World. NOW!!" But if I get the flights I have in mind (won't know till usa3000 releases their schedule - I have credits on that airline and we will rent a car there and drive to Orlando), we'll have to leave on the 23rd. I'll figure something out, but was thinking about a box of clues. Thanks for your ideas!

cglaura
05-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Wow, that suitcase idea was a good one! The clues/hunt would be fun. Maybe Santa can call them to tell them where the first clue is hidden!

My mom is treating me & my daughter & her cousin to the trip this time, so I am trying to earn enough gift cards to surprise her for meals and extras, I have about $175 so far. My mom is such a sweetheart though, she wouldn't mind what I gave her $1 or $1000!

Arky
05-31-2007, 12:27 AM
That is so awesome!!!:sunshine:

Pooh's Pal
05-31-2007, 12:50 AM
WOW!! and I thought I did well with 200.oo in Mickey Money when I went down in May.....now I'm going to have to shift into high (sunshine) gear for my Dec. trip!!

llgray16
05-31-2007, 09:57 AM
Good for you!

I recently surprised my son with a birthday trip to WDW. I made up a little book that he had to read thru to discover his "big surprise" It worked perfectly and now he has it as a reminder of his extra special birthday gift!

Being that you want to leave a few days before Christmas it might be easier to surprise them. The dollar store usually has Disney wrapping paper if you are looking for appropriate wrapping paper :mickey:

chocovrdmicears
05-31-2007, 10:05 AM
I got all choked up just reading your post imagining your kids arriving at Disney on Christmas Eve! How magical is that!?! What a wonderful time you and your family will have, I am sure. :love:

nicholfamily5
05-31-2007, 11:40 AM
That is awesome!! How did you get so much? Share your secrets!
Okay, so they aren't secrets, but share how you did it anyway!

Soccer Princess
05-31-2007, 12:06 PM
That is so awesome! Your kids will be so excited! :)

experiment_627
05-31-2007, 03:44 PM
Congrats! That is so awesome!!

The Cheshire Cat
05-31-2007, 03:52 PM
I was counting the gift cards and cash stash in my "Mickey Jar", and together with the credits I have pending, I have over $900. And I just got this from my travel agent...

Subject: Walt Disney World(R) Reservation Confirmed - Guest Copy

**** WALT DISNEY COMPANY RESERVATION CONFIRMATION ****

Your confirmation number is:
Booked for Guest(s):

By Travel Agency:
SHELLI'S VACATION TRAVEL
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Itinerary Details

Check in 12/24/2007 for 5 nights

2 Adults, 2 Children

Resort Name: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Special Rate Type: Annual Product
Room Type: Standard View
Park Tickets: 5 Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket
Package Type: Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining
Special Requests: Refrigerator, Ground Floor, Jamaica Bldg

-------

YIPPEE!!!! Now... how to convice the kids (again) that the trip is from Santa and it *is* their Christmas present...

Awww CONGRATULATIONS! Isn't that great feeling? You did it yourself too! Go ahead give yourself a great big pat on the back you deserve it! Kudos! The best part is your reward is Disney World - how kewl is that!!!!

disneynut
05-31-2007, 08:15 PM
How cool. Congratulations to you. I just surprised my kids to a trip to Universal Studios. My sister met us there also. You know the excitement and tears in my daughters eyes made it all worthwhile.. Priceless......

~Kathie
05-31-2007, 08:37 PM
Congratulations!! Your kids are going to be thrilled!!