PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!

Blessing and Miracle
12-11-2007, 06:15 PM
This was just reported on the news: six children were shoot at a school bus stop in Las Vegas This is getting way out of hand!

My prayers go out to the families!

bs4free
12-11-2007, 06:29 PM
its kinda sad that as more and more often these events happen the less and less people seem to take note....

:hugs: to the familes of those in LV

SunshineGirl
12-11-2007, 07:17 PM
I just saw this. It makes you fearful to even send your children to school!!! Is nothing safe?

Blessing and Miracle
12-11-2007, 07:19 PM
I just saw this. It makes you fearful to even send your children to school!!! Is nothing safe?

My sentiments exactly! Then I remembered the shooting this past weekend in a CHURCH in Colorado, and my question was answered!

~Kathie
12-11-2007, 08:36 PM
What is this country coming to? Very sad!

coastalgirl
12-11-2007, 08:58 PM
It is just awful. My heart breaks for the families and children. So very sad.:(

jakeandsophiesmom
12-11-2007, 09:34 PM
It's just awful and it seems to be getting worse everyday. So many people today have no regard for human life. I pray every day that my kids return to my open arms safely. My prayers go out to those children and their families.

sunshinecindy
12-11-2007, 09:34 PM
What is this country coming to? Very sad!

Not to get political here, but its those bleeding hearts who are afraid to impose any kind of harsh punishments on the criminals for fear that they are taking away their rights. I say, bull, and eye for an eye....you don't see this in other countries because they don't put up with the crap that politically correct Americans do. You are going to start seeing vigilante groups who are tired of all this and take matters into their own hands, and frankly, if someone shot a family member of mine, they best know the next bullet would be in them...compliments of me.

annieollendorf
12-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Copy cat killers! Thanks to the media, I believe that the media goes to far sometimes when reporting. They go on and on and on, in the meantime these sickos mistake their message for glorification! Really, just look at what that boy responsible for the shootings in Nebraska mall wrote in his suicide letter, " now I will be remembered."

Very frustrating sometimes. Just my 2 cents or vent.

April

Blessing and Miracle
12-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Copy cat killers! Thanks to the media, I believe that the media goes to far sometimes when reporting. They go on and on and on, in the meantime these sickos mistake their message for glorification! Really, just look at what that boy responsible for the shootings in Nebraska mall wrote in his suicide letter, " now I will be remembered."

April

Oh yeah, I too think the media is an encourager! They talk too much!

SunshineGirl
12-11-2007, 10:40 PM
I hate to watch the nightly news. It just depresses me. If I sat and really thought about everything, I would go insane and lock my whole family in the basement. I'm more of a "head in the sand" kind of gal. But when you see things like the rash of mass killings lately, you just can't help but worry about how bad things continue to get. And how young these people are starting with this kind of evil behavior!

Blessing and Miracle
12-11-2007, 11:28 PM
I hate to watch the nightly news. It just depresses me. If I sat and really thought about everything, I would go insane and lock my whole family in the basement. I'm more of a "head in the sand" kind of gal. But when you see things like the rash of mass killings lately, you just can't help but worry about how bad things continue to get. And how young these people are starting with this kind of evil behavior!

I totally agree, but now they are coming into our basements! That's why we just have to stay prayed up!!

LuvMyBoys
12-12-2007, 09:50 AM

April

I agree totally. Here you have these idiots wanting to "be famous" by killing innocent people before they kill themselves? And then that's exactly what the media does!!! :confused:

In my opinion the media should report "Some selfish, loser a-- killed a bunch of innocent people and themself today in Omaha." THE END. Stop reporting every stupid details of these idiots lives and "why" they did it - we all know why they did it and we could care less about who they were dating, their criminal history, their letters, etc. STOP ENCOURAGING OTHER IDIOTS TO FOLLOW IN THEIR FOOTSTEPS!!

Ok, rant over....but really you think the media would learn at some point or the American public would stop tolerating it! :mad:

tommygirl79
12-12-2007, 11:32 AM
With each report like something like this, I get closer and closer to homeschooling...I'm beginning to think I'm the only one I can truly trust with my kiddos. that's a bit overboard and my kids are in a good school system, but, as BlessingandMiracle noted, the church example just furthers the point that this country is way messed up and no one is totally safe. This is also the reason why I walk my DD6 to the bus stop each day and watch with an eagle eye for her to get off the bus and walk safely into my waiting arms each day after school.... :(