PDA

View Full Version : Christmas shopping/brother in law help!!!

aknight373
12-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Hey guys i have no clue what to get my brother in law for christmas. Any help???

he is 23 years old, single and owns his own house. he wants nothing but needs everything. He is the type that no matter what will not ask for anything. he watchs some sports but not big into sports.

any ideas would be great

thanks guys

mmm611
12-13-2007, 09:34 PM
My brother will my 23 next week. I don't know about your BIL, but my mother got my bro Optimash Prime. It's a Transformers Mr. Potato Head (Potatoes in Disguise!) I showed the link to my cousin as a joke idea for her husband and she loved it. She gave him his already. Apparently, this is the cool thing to get guysin their 20s this year.

I've seen it at Walmart by the Transformers toys.

aknight373
12-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks!!! I know he wont like that... i guess i should have also added that he acts like he's in his 50 he is very bussiness minded type of person also

disney_girl
12-13-2007, 09:53 PM
What kind of price range are you working with?

Kycha
12-14-2007, 12:01 AM
How about an iPod? You can get him a refurbished nano 1gb(I think) for $49.

aknight373
12-14-2007, 09:24 AM
What kind of price range are you working with?

we spend 100.00 a couple so since he is buy himself we will spend about 100.00 on him

aknight373
12-14-2007, 09:27 AM
How about an iPod? You can get him a refurbished nano 1gb(I think) for $49.

i just went and checked and they are 149.00 refurbished

m 'n c
12-14-2007, 09:29 AM
I think the shuffles are around $49 refirbished.

m 'n c
12-14-2007, 09:29 AM
hmm what are the things you think he needs? maybe we can work off of that. What does he do? does he live alone?

Magical JenK
12-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Does he like to cook? If so, maybe you could do a cooking theme gift? Something he may not think of getting himself? Cookbooks? I have a friend who is giving her 20-something brother a wok, chopsticks, a few sauces, etc.???

Does he like going to movies? Maybe some GC to a local movie theater? Not $100 worth, but just an idea....

Oh I always love to get car wash GCs!! Something I never think of getting for myself unless Fred (car) really needs it!!

Maybe GCs to restaurants he likes? Or does he have a favorite liquor? If he acts like he's 50 maybe he drinks like he's 50 & you can get him a nice brandy or scotch & some glasses?

And maybe...if you want to be practical....maybe some new towels or sheet set? I never want to buy those things for me, but LOVE getting them as gifts....but then again, I'm not a 23-yr old single man....
:0)

Good luck!!

tommygirl79
12-14-2007, 10:13 AM
If he's a businessman type - maybe look at Brookstone.com or if you have a store nearby since time is running short. They have some cool stuff for the business type. They have a wide variety of types of gifts for men especially.

I think the idea of going with a themed gift is good. Does he golf? If so, a golfed themed gift basket maybe?

Also, you could always go standard gifts - nice leather gloves, nice winter scarf, new tie(s), etc. It might not seem like fun, but maybe it's something he would appreciate. If he's a coffee drinker, maybe a basket full of nice coffees and a gift card to Starbucks or the like.

I know how hard it is to buy for some people. My inlaws have plenty of money and basically buy whatever they want as soon as they want it, so it makes gift giving very difficult. Good luck!!!

linanglab
12-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Does he like to cook? If so, maybe you could do a cooking theme gift? Something he may not think of getting himself? Cookbooks? I have a friend who is giving her 20-something brother a wok, chopsticks, a few sauces, etc.???

Does he like going to movies? Maybe some GC to a local movie theater? Not $100 worth, but just an idea....

Oh I always love to get car wash GCs!! Something I never think of getting for myself unless Fred (car) really needs it!!

Maybe GCs to restaurants he likes? Or does he have a favorite liquor? If he acts like he's 50 maybe he drinks like he's 50 & you can get him a nice brandy or scotch & some glasses?

And maybe...if you want to be practical....maybe some new towels or sheet set? I never want to buy those things for me, but LOVE getting them as gifts....but then again, I'm not a 23-yr old single man....
:0)

Good luck!!

I have a fred too! However, Fred is the guy in our van that makes the messes. Since NO ONE fesses up to why the van has crumbs, paper and toys all over the place, we have decided that "Fred" has done it. Fred sometimes goes into the house too......:(

I do like the car wash idea and the movie idea.

Does he like to grill? Maybe some grilling tools and meat BBQ sauces.