PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know WDW hotel deals in November?

jctimon
05-31-2007, 07:51 AM
I just found out I get to do WDW for my birthday and go to the holiday party for the first time ever! :cooldance:

Now I am trying to find a great deal on rooms, but nothing is really coming up...anyone know anywhere on grounds running deals from 11/15-11/18?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

llgray16
05-31-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't know of any particular deals for that time but have you thought about renting points froma DVC member? We rented points (at a really reasonable rate) last year and stayed at OKW. We loved it and I am currently talking with my husband and dad about all of us going in together on some DVC points!

wilsonfamily4
05-31-2007, 12:02 PM
We also rented points in January from someone at DISboards and we loved it. We will do it for our January 2009 trip.

*BUT we didn't know the person we rented from and even though I really believed she was honest until we were at SSR checking in I was so afraid that she may have "taken me for a ride." I wish I knew someone personally who owned DVC points to rent from.
---This would be the only reason we ever buy DVC-the unknown of renting. but for us we live on the west coast and flying out to Florida isn't cheap. We can only go every two years and it would take awhile for that to pay off when I can just rent points.

But we were able to stay at a very nice resort in a studio and then a 1 bedroom and it was still cheaper then if we had gotten a moderate.

mom2dea
05-31-2007, 12:55 PM
I own DVC so I may have a diffrent opinion ....

If you buy into DVC and you can only go every other yr you can either 1 bank your points and get to stay longer when you do go OR Sell (rent out )your points ever other yr and put that money towards the following yrs vacation . Either way I think you could def get your money worth on DVC .

Sarah

SunshineGirl
05-31-2007, 01:05 PM
I was going to suggest renting DVC points as well!!

Maybe SR should buy some DVC points and allow members to rent them out as rewards? I wonder if I could do that. If I could find a legitimate business reason to buy into Animal Kingdom, SunshineGuy would marry me all over again!!!

Soccer Princess
05-31-2007, 01:23 PM
OMG Tricia that is a GREAT idea! lol :) We are renting points at the BCV from one of my scrapbook friends for our December trip and it is saving us so much money. PLUS, we get to try out DVC for the first time and I *hopefully* get to convince DH we need to buy in!!! :)

mom2dea
05-31-2007, 02:26 PM
Tricia ~

My Dh wants to buy agian at Animal kingdom as well . I swear if we did I think he would be cloud 9 for a VERY VERY long time ! I am glad I don't have the only Disney lover Dh out there :)

Sarah