PDA

View Full Version : Could REALLY use some input/ideas!

jfrog
12-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Hello All!!

First off, WISHING ALL OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES A BLESSED CHRISTMAS (if you celebrate Christmas!) and a Happy and Healthy 2008!!!

OK, I am so stuck! I am currently a sub teacher - have been for close to 20 years and I love it! The problem is that our district has changed from an actual person doing the phone calling to an automated system. Needless to say, teachers and subs alike are not happy with who is going where and so on...much harder for them to control. Making a looooong story short...I am wondering if there are any REAL work from home opportunities out there! I so dread the idea of taking my 10 yr old to daycare during the summer - I have nothing negative to say about moms/dads who do so, but we have come this far without and would do anything to continue! I have been all over the internet and I am more confused than when I started! I'm sure I'm not the only one searching for something like this...any direction would be greatly appreciated! TIA :hugs:

Hedy
12-18-2007, 10:31 PM
I've heard wahm.com and volition.com have good resources.
Have you looked at temping?

SunshineGirl
12-18-2007, 10:34 PM
You could always start a rewards site. That was my one big idea. LOL!

Honestly, the best advice that I can give is to be careful of anything that requires an up front investment. There is a big different between "employment" and "opportunity." If there is some kind of sales out there that you REALLY love and you consider yourself a sales/people person, then you can look at that path. But don't get sucked in to buying a lot of products and training because chances are pretty good that the person above you has a lot to gain financially by getting you into it.

I think we have some women on here who do some telemarketing from home. Hopefully they will post.

What about something where you can have your daughter with you during the summer? Like working at a YMCA or watching some kids in your home?

jfrog
12-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Thank you both for the great ideas! I have not heard of volition.com and am eager to check it out! I have checked out the temping agencies in our area and right now the positions they are offering either require heavy lifting ( I am 5' tall and by no means muscular! lol) or a lengthy commute. So will keep looking for updates with that. I have not considered the YMCA either- we just had a new one open very nearby so that is a great idea as well!

Thank you again for the ideas and support! Hopefully after the holidays I will find something just for me! Time to eat, I mean BAKE cookies now!:hugs:

LOL Tricia! Sunshine is the absolute BEST rewards site there is-hands down! I could not do what you do no matter how hard I tried!!!