PDA

View Full Version : How long from time of redemption until receipt of Gift Cards?

myrapunzal
12-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Hi all!

I was just wondering how long it takes from the time you redeem your credits for a Disney Gift Card until you receive it in the mail?

I have a lot of pending credits from online shopping I did for Christmas. The last of it is on hold until January 15th... we are leaving for :mickey:Disney World:minnie: about a month after that.... will 4 weeks be enough time to get my gift card??

Any info you have would be fabulous!
:thanks:

mollyeilis
01-07-2011, 03:17 PM
You never got a reply here. :(

It's best to leave a full 6 weeks between cashing out and expecting it to arrive.

kristenrice
01-07-2011, 03:37 PM
I agree. I cashed out for a GC and received it in about 5 weeks. I wouldn't cut it too close. If your trip is in March, you can cash out to Paypal at the end of January and the money will be in your account at the end of February.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think you could also cash out to Paypal on January 15 and it would be in your account on February 15. With rare exception, the Paypal payments are on a predictable schedule. Sometimes, Tricia surprises us with a payment that posts a few days early:love:. The gift cards are subject to more variables (when they go out, where you live, how fast the mail is, etc) so I tend to favor the Paypal option.

Dragonlady
02-21-2011, 09:38 PM
I have a similar question. We are leaving for Disney on May 28 so I'm furiously trying to rack up the rewards to get the maximum amount on a Disney gift card. When is the absolute latest I should stop and request the card, to ensure it arrives before 5/28? Somewhere around 4/22? That would be 5 weeks before departure.

jennifers
04-12-2011, 07:05 PM
I would like to know the best cut off date for me also.
We are leaving September 23rd.
Would I need to cash out for the Disney Gift Card in mid-July or could I go until
August 1st? August gives me about 8 weeks for the card to arrive before we leave.
Will whatever amount that is in my account at the date I cash out process right away or is there some sort of waiting period to catch up?

Iteach
04-12-2011, 09:05 PM
I would like to know the best cut off date for me also.
We are leaving September 23rd.
Would I need to cash out for the Disney Gift Card in mid-July or could I go until
August 1st? August gives me about 8 weeks for the card to arrive before we leave.
Will whatever amount that is in my account at the date I cash out process right away or is there some sort of waiting period to catch up?

You should always give yourself 6 weeks from the time you cash out until the card arrives, so cashing out on August 1st should be fine. Sometimes the card comes more quickly, but you never know that, so 6 weeks is the safest. If you are cashing out for a Disney gift card you have to specify the amount of the card you want. You can find the amount of gift cards available under the Rewards drop down menu on the log in page.The Disney gift cards are available starting at $25 and going up to $500. You have to have enough credited to your account (not including pending) to cash out for a certain amount. Hope that helps!

m 'n c
04-12-2011, 09:35 PM
I always cash out 2 months before because I'm just that anal. I would cash out 6-8 weeks before your trip and then anything you make after that you can paypal it to pay off your credit card. :)

jennifers
04-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the info.
I was thinking about cashing out at the 2 month mark before my trip just to make sure I get the gift cards in time. That would be around July 23rd.

I still have lots of time to keep earning. :)

Dragonlady
04-12-2011, 10:06 PM
I ordered my Disney gift card on 3/7 and it just arrived in the mail today, if that helps! :)

jennifers
04-12-2011, 10:54 PM
That does help me in figuring my cash out time frame.
Thanks so much!