PDA

View Full Version : "Walk Around the World" bricks available!

Magical JenK
05-31-2007, 01:29 PM
I don't know if any of you caught this on other boards or not, so I thought I'd put it here too as we all LOVE Disney so much....

You know those personalized bricks that make up sidewalks right outside of MK? Well, they are for sale again! Someone posted on DIS that she saw a "sandwich board" type sign by a customer service booth outside near where the onsite busses pick up. Apparently, they have about 20,000 bricks they want to fill up!!

You can call Disney's Walk Around The World @ (407) 824-7890 & request the form (application & legal agreement) to be faxed to you. The recording does say that the program stopped in 2000, but they are offering it again!!New bricks are $295. Name change fee for existing bricks $100.

I left a message on Monday & got the emails from "Dean" yesterday morning! I faxed my paperwork & my cc had a pending charge that afternoon. Many people are posting receiving phone calls from Disney (either Denise or Dean for the most part) & then receiving the emails. But I just left my email address on my message.

Not sure if I can post a link to a thread, so I won't, but IF you wanted to read the thread it's on the DIS under Resorts & the name is Personalized Bricks at Polynesian...post #11 starts the "yes, they are selling them again" portion!!

Just thought I'd share!!
Jen

SunshineGirl
05-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Wow! That would be so cool. Yes! Post the link!

bbangel
05-31-2007, 02:14 PM
Wow, another thing to try and work into my budget! Is there a toll free number? If not I'll have to wait until I'm home. I don't think I could justify making the call from work!

Magical JenK
05-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Here is the thread on DIS:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1457871

As for a toll-free number, no there was not...but there were plenty of people on the DIS willing to PM you the forms. I would, but honestly, my lunch is almost over & that could just be a landslide to try to keep up with!

Check out the thread & see if someone could send you the forms & then you could fax it over today! Some people have also posted their photos of the current bricks...it's soooo fun!!

I had a hard time figuring out what to put on there, but I ended up with:

Stay Magical
Jen & Steve
Last Name

Soooo many surprises for Steve this year...first the trip, then MNSSHP & now the brick!! Wooo hoo!!

SunshineGirl
05-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Yea!! DH says yes!! I forwarded him the DISboard link and he must have checked it on his Blackberry in Sweden because I just got an email that says "Order it tonight. Would be cool!" Yea! Yea!

Magical JenK
05-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Yea!! DH says yes!! I forwarded him the DISboard link and he must have checked it on his Blackberry in Sweden because I just got an email that says "Order it tonight. Would be cool!" Yea! Yea!

That is soooooo awesome! Now...the hard part....figuring out what to put on there!! Sadly, no slogans so no Sunshine Rewards Rocks or anything like that!! DANG!! :rotfl:

They said it should take about 6-8 weeks (or 2-3 months depending on the post), so HOPEFULLY, ours will be ready & there for us when we arrive in September!! :cooldance:

tweety129s
05-31-2007, 03:42 PM
I called and got a bit of a run around. The Walk around the World people answered and told me to contact guest services to get transfered to guest communications. I was told guest communications only works by email or snail mail. So I try to email, the email address is invalid. So I call back, get transfered to the leave a legacy people who told me to call 'Walk around the world'. So I called and nobody picked up this time so I left a message. Hopefully I'll be able to get in, I would love to get one for our wedding!

The Cheshire Cat
05-31-2007, 04:13 PM
OH I'd love to do that too!

Are they at the Poly or some place else?

I'll have to go read that thread now!

Thanks!

Magical JenK
05-31-2007, 04:27 PM
According to posters on the thread they will be right outside of MK.??? But I don't quote me on that as being for certain.

Hedy
05-31-2007, 05:13 PM
FWIW, DB and DSIL have two (I think-one and one for their Disneymoon) and really like them.

bbangel
05-31-2007, 05:24 PM
My mom just asked me why this appealed to me. And I thought she got the whole Disney thing. :confused:

m 'n c
05-31-2007, 05:31 PM
do you think they take disney dollars or gift cards as payments for the bricks?? bf thinks $300 is a tad high. I find it completely reasonable.

Magical JenK
05-31-2007, 05:35 PM
do you think they take disney dollars or gift cards as payments for the bricks?? bf thinks $300 is a tad high. I find it completely reasonable.

The form only lets you pay w/credit card....you can fax or mail in....dangit! They've got us! I used my Disney Visa (of course) so I can get at least $3 rewards out of it!! :rotfl:

Soccer Princess
05-31-2007, 06:57 PM
OMG I really want one of these!!!! :) I wish they would take gift cards darnit! lol Hmm... I don't think DH is going to like $300 for a brick.. how to break it to him we ARE getting one? ;)

speechteachri
05-31-2007, 07:24 PM
My mom just asked me why this appealed to me. And I thought she got the whole Disney thing. :confused:

:rotfl:

PSL1013
06-02-2007, 06:25 PM
We have a brick and our's is located on the pathway from the MK to the Contemporary. We paid I think $100 for it, which was alot of money for us at the time. Our brick is under the #66 monorail beam to be exact! We bought it in 1995 and have to visit it almost every trip and take a picture of it, LOL! Do you know how many pictures of that brick we have? Alot...since we go to WDW about every 6 months.....it doesn't change but we MUST take that picture!! :rotfl: We love OUR brick!! :love:

The Cheshire Cat
06-03-2007, 01:24 PM

heehee me too! I don't know if I could even tell my dh we are spending $300 on a brick. It will come out eventually.................and yes it's completely reasonable!

Now I need to figure out what to say and fax it in!

kimntrent
06-04-2007, 11:47 PM
We have 2 of them at DL. We have one with our engagement date on it and 1 with our wedding date on it. I love it and visit it every time.

Kim
________
NAVICROSS (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Lincoln_Navicross)

m4travels
06-05-2007, 12:13 AM
We have two of them at D'land as well, Kim. Got the first one and THEN they came out with the 50th. We sort of walk by and do the big "sigh......" I've only been out in So. Cal for 25 years, but I just love that place.

kimntrent
06-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Ya my wedding date one is the 50th also.
________
Og kush seeds (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

Magical JenK
06-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Just wanted to update for those that were thinking of getting a brick...the thread on DIS is now stating (as of this morning) the brick program closed on 05/25 & for those that sent in after & have a pending charge, it will be refunded.

Great...that would be me. Someone even posted getting paperwork, but then called on it & they told her that was a mistake & that she didn't get a brick!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, at least I tried.

SunshineGirl
06-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Oh, man! Wonder why it closed so fast? Do you think they sold out of all of the bricks??

Magical JenK
06-05-2007, 10:26 AM
According to the last couple posts there were only 70 bricks available...not 20,000 as the earlier posts stated. Yesterday, it was stated that the cutoff was 05/31 & that those who had a pending charge got a brick. But as of this morning the one person who got documentation (location of her brick) said that the cut off was really 5/25 & that anyone who sent in their app after 5/25 & has a charge on their CC will get a refund in 2-4 weeks. The latest post also says that the CM she spoke to said to complain to guest services.

I don't know what to believe anymore! I guess I'll just be waiting for my credit, my not really real documenation of the placement of my brick & when we go I'll look to see where it should have been!! :0)

tweety129s
06-05-2007, 11:05 AM
I was so bummed when I read that post on the DIS! I checked my CC and finally I had a charge for it (for some reason I don't get pending just when it posts). I can't believe that she got paperwork and then they told her no...that's so rude!

Magical JenK
06-05-2007, 11:16 AM
I know! I just don't get it. And like anything that isn't confirmed (discount code or now bricks!!), reading the thread makes you more worried & confused than it should.

I guess I'm not getting a brick, but I guess I won't be surprised if by some magic we start reading that people ARE getting bricks!! he he he he

I'll hold on to hope for some magic & maybe we'll still get them?! I just have a hard time believing so many people got charged & THEN they decided that it was too many bricks being sold? I mean, come on! This isn't a mom & pop shop...it's DISNEY! They know what they're doing!!....don't they?! :0)

And now over on the thread someone is convinced it has something to do w/the faxing of the legal agreement?! I don't buy that either because then that gives hope to those that mailed it in!!

Ahhh the drama of Disney Speculation!!

Kycha
06-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I'll hold on to hope for some magic & maybe we'll still get them?! I just have a hard time believing so many people got charged & THEN they decided that it was too many bricks being sold? I mean, come on! This isn't a mom & pop shop...it's DISNEY! They know what they're doing!!....don't they?! :0)

And now over on the thread someone is convinced it has something to do w/the faxing of the legal agreement?! I don't buy that either because then that gives hope to those that mailed it in!!

Ahhh the drama of Disney Speculation!!

I agree. I also can't believe that Disney would go to all this trouble for only 70 bricks. If that is true, they must have sold out in about a minute.

tweety129s
06-05-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm holding out a teenie bit of hope, it is the place where dreams come true. But I am preparing myself for not geting one.

I agree for 70 bricks they could just set up for one day and be sold. I would imagine that they would have instructed the CMs at the phone number we called to not give out the application info.

Magical JenK
06-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Right, still holding on to magic here too! I mean, 70 bricks?! That would have been gone in a nano second during Memorial weekend there! There would not have been any need to 1) set up a stand & 2) email out the forms! Time will tell I suppose!!

Magical JenK
06-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Ok, another update! I just got an email from Dean at Disney w/my brick address!? I checked the DIS thread & other people are getting emails too. Someone emailed Dean back & he said that we will be getting bricks!! Not sure if it's those who got the charge on the cc or if the apps were sent in by a certain date or anything...

For those of you who did apply, keep an eye out for an email!!

Good luck!! How exciting!

tweety129s
06-06-2007, 11:18 AM
No email yet, but I did get charged. I keep refreshing my email (like a dork) hoping that something will be there!

Magical JenK
06-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Just a FYI on the email...there is no subject line, so make sure to look in your junk mail too if you have it!! Someone on the DIS almost deleted it thinking it was junk. Seems like everyone's is coming from Axxxxxx, Dean P....so keep your eyes peeled!!

tweety129s
06-06-2007, 12:23 PM
:banana: :banana: I got the email woooo hooo!! How long did they say it takes to get it in the ground?

Magical JenK
06-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Congrats!! Woo hoo!! How exciting!! I had read on the thread 6-8 weeks or maybe 2-3 months...so not sure. I did email Dean back & said that I hoped it would be down for our September trip, but I haven't heard anything...plus, I didn't come right out & ask him.

My address is WA17xx....What is yours? According to the thread, I should only be looking at W1...as the A means nothing , the 7 is the general "area" but the W1 is the section...so according to that, I'm right to the left of the middle of MK entrance?! WOW!

tweety129s
06-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Cool, We're going down in October so it should be there. I have a friend who lives down there and I may have to send her on a hunt in a couple months to see if they're there yet. I got WA18xx. I'm so excited! Although I'm very curious to know the back story of why the program was on, then off, then on again.

Trisha818
06-13-2007, 01:40 PM
I just found this thread! So cool about those of you who are getting the bricks! Please post again if you find out that they are still offering them. :minnie: