PDA

View Full Version : Those Magazine/Club offers a few weeks ago...

m 'n c
05-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Did anyone receive the magazine yet? I just got my invoice and I have a few more days before I have to send it back but no magazine yet. I want to see a copy before deciding to pay or not. I joined the Cooking one and the Health and Wellness if that helps.

Hedy
05-31-2007, 01:44 PM
I got the creative arts one, although I signed up for all three.

SunshineGirl
05-31-2007, 01:44 PM
My mom got hers. She said that two of them were a lot alike. A lot of advertisements with a few articles kind of sandwiched in the middle.

m 'n c
05-31-2007, 01:47 PM
Ok so they do exist :) I'll give them a few more days then I'll just cancel. No use in paying for something I've never seen!

mom2dea
05-31-2007, 02:14 PM
Are these still offers on the site or have they already been pulled ?

THanks
Sarah

TXMouseChaser
05-31-2007, 02:16 PM
I got the craft one and it was almost ALL advertisement. I really thought about keeping it until I saw it!

Magical JenK
05-31-2007, 02:34 PM
I got all the invoices before the magazines were sent & then they were sent & then I got the "member packets" even though I sent the cancellation after I received the mags. I think it's just all timing. I know my billing was from a city near me, so I'm guessing the billing is separate from where the mags are sent from. I doubt ALL of those mags are made in Minnetonka, MN?! :0)

m 'n c
05-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Are these still offers on the site or have they already been pulled ?

THanks
Sarah

no they got pulled a few weeks ago. They might reappear later but there is no real telling. I only got credit for 1 out of the 2 but it was a freebie so who cares. :)

jnorth1007
05-31-2007, 02:38 PM
I got all the invoices before the magazines were sent & then they were sent & then I got the "member packets" even though I sent the cancellation after I received the mags. I think it's just all timing. I know my billing was from a city near me, so I'm guessing the billing is separate from where the mags are sent from. I doubt ALL of those mags are made in Minnetonka, MN?! :0)

Please call the companies to be sure because the ones I sent back weren't and when I received my packets I called and they hadn't been yet so I had them do it over the phone. HTH! :sunshine2:

m 'n c
05-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure to email, return the invoice, and call them.

chocovrdmicears
05-31-2007, 08:48 PM
I got the craft one and I kind of liked it so I am keeping that one. It's not great but there are a couple of cute ideas in it. I am going to try and make one of those pinwheel wreaths for my dd's room. :sunshine2:

I also got the cooking one...:( There is about 18 recipes for using curry:sick: which might be helpful if you like it..but I don't. I'm not keeping that one.

~Kathie
05-31-2007, 09:24 PM
I also got the cooking one...:( There is about 18 recipes for using curry:sick: which might be helpful if you like it..but I don't. I'm not keeping that one.

I received both my invoices and my member packets for th ecooking one and the health one. No magazines as of yet. I'm going to wait for those to come to decide. I'm not a big curry fan either!

Does each cooking magazine focus on a different type of cooking?? It's hard to tell by looking at the member information. Maybe I'll call and ask!

chocovrdmicears
05-31-2007, 10:26 PM
I
Does each cooking magazine focus on a different type of cooking?? It's hard to tell by looking at the member information. Maybe I'll call and ask!

There were quite a few recipes for all types of things...i just found most of the recipes a bit strange for my family's tastes...one thing I specifically remember was on the 'kitchen tips' page..they had a "how to take the skins off hazlenuts"...what is that all about! :confused:

sunshinecindy
05-31-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm a big curry fan so I really liked that one. Also, they have some really good recipes for other things, so I will keep that one.

m 'n c
05-31-2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the updates. I'm hoping to see a magazine sometime soon.

lilianddomsmom
06-01-2007, 02:47 AM
I got the craft one and it was almost ALL advertisement. I really thought about keeping it until I saw it!

i totally agree it is alot of ads