PDA

View Full Version : What are you saving up for?

kimntrent
12-29-2007, 02:54 PM
So what is everyone saving up for?

bs4free
12-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Disney... LOL!!!!!

kimntrent
12-29-2007, 03:12 PM
I am saving for a down payment on a disney cruise in 2009. I have 100 here.

bartleby1
12-29-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure yet. I usually try to save up as much as I can toward vacation, but I don't think we're doing a disney trip this year **GASP**. We've done disney 7 out of the last 8 years and my kids have really not been anywhere else, lol! I'm thinking that maybe we should do something different this year but without my rewards programs contributions I'm not sure what else we can afford to do.

So, possibly, maybe we could do something else on the WAY to disney? Maybe a few things in Virginia on the way to Florida and then shorten our disney stay? I don't know yet. We did disney for 12 nights this past summer but only did 6 days of parks and we were still exhausted, lol! Plus, to buy park tickets for disney and then still buy tickets to do stuff in Virginia on the way down will add up in a hurry. I'll have to do some number crunching.

cglaura
12-29-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm saving for a two week Disney / Universal trip. Ambitious? Optimistic? Crazy? :rotfl:

I'm hoping for January 2009, but it may be January 2010. The Universal part is the kicker, but we really want to stay onsite there.

This would be for dd high school graduation.:sunshine:

bartleby1
12-29-2007, 03:19 PM

Ooohhh, nice! I would looooove to do a disney cruise but I priced it out once and it was more than I wanted to spend for our family of 5. Someday...:heart:

spring
12-29-2007, 03:33 PM

As luck would have it, I'm saving for a Disney Cruise for August 2009. I'm booked on the Magic and going with my DD and her family, plus some friends of the family. We'll be on the Magic. Got $289 towards it. Pricey, but I only have to pay for me (DH decided not to go). When are you going?

SunshineGirl
12-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Gift cards to use on our Disney Cruises (the Sunshine one in October and hopefully a 7 day in 2009).

JOLAROCHE
12-29-2007, 04:07 PM
We will be in Disney a year from now and I am saving to pay for as many meals as possible

missymouse
12-29-2007, 04:11 PM
I guess I am saving for Summer 2009 trip to Disney. Should be able to cover all of our meals if I keep earning at the same rate I am currently. Wish I could get airfare paid somehow.

Blessing and Miracle
12-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Summer Vacation 2008! Not sure of the destination as of yet...We were heading to Seattle this past July, but somehow ended up at DisneyWorld. LOL. So, I think Seattle is back on. DH and I were suppose to be going to Hawaii in 2008 so we'll see.

Kycha
12-29-2007, 04:55 PM
There seems to be an ongoing theme here...Disneyworld! :rotfl: And I am no different. I have $775 in Disney gc's so far. And I have enough for $200 more during the next special disney cashout. That gives me enough for a room at All Star Movies and incidentals. Just haven't pinned down a date yet.

Hedy
12-29-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm cashing out for my current $ for $ for my trip to Chicago over MLK weekend, then after that I'm earning for my bounceback with the nephews in August.

cglaura
12-29-2007, 05:42 PM
I guess I am saving for Summer 2009 trip to Disney. Should be able to cover all of our meals if I keep earning at the same rate I am currently. Wish I could get airfare paid somehow.

I'm hoping to pay for my airfare by cashing out for Walmart gc and then puting the money I would have spent on groceries that month into the trip fund.

My plan is to save up for any special cashouts, then when I have enough disney gc for room/tickets/food, then I'll start to work on the others.

jakeandsophiesmom
12-29-2007, 07:15 PM
I'll be saving GC's for Disney too, for our trip in Dec 2008!!:mickey: :minnie:

Riyaa
12-29-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm not really sure! LOL I was thinking originally just getting some gift cards so dh and I could have a night out together, but now I'm thinking more ambitiously.

And Lisa, if you do end up going to Hawaii, whereabouts are you expecting to go? If it's Oahu, let me know. I lived there for four years and have a bit of a working knowledge of the island. ;)

DisneyMa
12-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Disneyland in 2008. I'm not sure when, but any SR money will be a great bonus!!

3dog2kidmom
12-29-2007, 08:03 PM
I am waiting for a few more $25 gift cards for my January Disney World trip, then saving for the SR cruise in October. After that I'm saving for a December 2009 (I hope!!!) 7-day Eastern with St. Croix on DCL.

Thanks, SR!!!

Alice28
12-29-2007, 08:19 PM
We're going to Disney for 12 days in June. My goal here on SR is $600 to cover all of our sit down meals. Right now I am at $310 (I already cashed out $150 in October). I have a SERIOUS goal to get to $188 by the middle of January, so I can do the $200 cashout (if it's the same). I think I am just under $160 right now, so it's definitely doable if I can get the freebies to credit, and keep up with my surveys. :cooldance:

That was confusing!

So if I do that cashout, I have $250 left to earn between January and May. I can do that, as I average $60-80 per month here on SR.:cooldance:

It's so awesome- I wrote out my list the other day and just by spending a little time at SR each day, we will get to eat at:
Narcoossees
CA Grill
Garden Grill
Akershus Breakfast
Ohana
Cape May Cafe

for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks SR!:sunshine:

mmm611
12-29-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm not sure right now!!! I just got a new job, so I may cash out for GC's I can use for things like new clothes for that and I'm planning on trying to find an apartment sometime soon too. I need a LOT of stuff for that, so more GC cshouts.

However, since the job situation is now taken care of, I can start saving for Disney too!!!!

aknight373
12-29-2007, 10:14 PM
well I dont know... it was for disney gift cards, but we go to disney january 9-11 woohoo and our next trip is las vegas, then new york in 2008. so maybe i can find somewhere to add another disney vaction in there just for my sister and I

but really i have no clue!!!!!!!!

linanglab
12-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Always saving for Disney! That is why I started doing SR at first. Now I earn for Disney AND have fun with my SR friends! Win - Win situation if you ask me!

sammielynn
12-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Always saving for Disney! That is why I started doing SR at first. Now I earn for Disney AND have fun with my SR friends! Win - Win situation if you ask me!

Same here! Disney always Disney. Last year I did use some of my earnings for Christmas. I just have not done as much this year so it all goes to Disney! We leave May 25!

PSL1013
12-30-2007, 10:16 AM
I save for the Disney GC too...we ate and drank around the world all week for free this past October during the food and wine festival! We also ate at a sit down restaurant everyday and again using our GC. :love: Now my goal is to have enough GC again for our next trip. Love eating and drinking for FREE! :eat: :redwine:

mrs.knip
12-30-2007, 10:25 AM
I save up to pay for us to eat lunch when I go to my perinatologist appts. I have to see the high risk ob 2 1/2 hours away from home and using the gift cards to eat lunch when we go really cuts down on the cost of going to my appts.

Someday I hope to save up for Disney though.

gpp2001
12-30-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm saving for Disney - we have a cruise planned in October but may switch to 2009 because the convention DH goes to every year is in Orlando again in Nov. 2008 and can't afford (both time and $) to do both the cruise and WDW.

And then there is always Disneyland, as we're trying to move to LA and Disneyland would be a popular destination for family when they visit!!

missymouse
12-30-2007, 11:01 AM
After going to the movies last night I am beginning to think I may use some of my rewards for movie theater gift cards also.

mjjmbnmm
12-30-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm saving for dgc, for the oct. cruise.

schachteles
12-30-2007, 12:58 PM
I am DREAMING that Disney will start cruising to Alaska...so I am starting to save up for that.

Magical JenK
12-30-2007, 02:22 PM

Same here! SR helped me to surprise DH w/a trip to Disney! This year SR will help me pay for the trip &/or use for spending while there!! :0)

Jusacuz
12-30-2007, 02:28 PM
I was saving for the Oct. cruise, but had to cancel that. :( So, now I'm saving for a 2009 cruise. I have just over $100 in gcs here and pending $$ in my account.

3dog2kidmom
12-30-2007, 02:46 PM
I was saving for the Oct. cruise, but had to cancel that. :( So, now I'm saving for a 2009 cruise. I have just over $100 in gcs here and pending $$ in my account.

Oh no, sorry you had to cancel :(

JillyFish
12-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, I'm leaving for my Florida/Disney trip in less than two weeks.....so that's what I HAVE BEEN saving for. I earned enough to pay for about 2/3 of my MYW package, Bibbity Bobbity Boutique for DD7, and souvenirs and any extra snacks we may need beyond the dining plan (not likely!). I was thinking yesterday that I MAY even splurge for a refillable mug! :)

My quandry is to decide what to save for once this trip is over. I'm not sure if we will be doing another Disney trip soon or not. On the other hand....this upcoming trip was only possible because of my SR earnings. So we'll see. Maybe I will cash out for WalMart cards for grocery shopping. DH would love that even more than a Disney trip! :rotfl:

coastalgirl
12-30-2007, 05:28 PM
I have been saving for our Disney trip also! What a surprise huh?:rotfl:
I have to say though that I did cash out for some cards to use during Christmas. It was super handy. Thanks SR! :love:

askomsky
12-31-2007, 12:30 PM
I signed up to earn money for our Disney trip. Then I cashed out again several times before xmas for TRU and Target gc's which came in handy.

I was shocked DH agreed to go to Disney, he's very frugal so if we go again it'll be in 2-3 yrs I think. BUT saying that if I can keep saving and earning on SR we may be able to do it sooner???!!

m 'n c
12-31-2007, 02:09 PM
well now I'm really trying to earn as much as possible on here for my sept trip in 2008. I wasn't too worried about it up until I started researching prices for the other trip Mike and I are now taking in May and I really need to use the vacation money I saved the last 2 years on that trip and not Disney. So I'll be doing 3 surveys a day everyday for the next 8 months!

pbhall13
12-31-2007, 02:11 PM
put me in the disney club.........I am thinking of going on the SR cruise, but not sure if I will take my girls (that is a decision that is killing me!) or have a friend of mine (who also has 3 kids) go instead............she is all for it, but I have to wrap my brain around going away without the girls.....especially when it is disney related!!

docsmom
12-31-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm hoping to pay for my airfare by cashing out for Walmart gc and then puting the money I would have spent on groceries that month into the trip fund.

This is such a great idea! Our next trip is to Universal in May and I was going to cash out with paypal. Using gift cards for everyday essentials and saving the $$ makes much more sense since so many offers do not allow paypal cashout....now I have a whole new game plan!

After our May trip, I am back to saving for WDW trip in December 2009. Will work toward enough gift cards to pay for our stay at one of the Epcot resorts....just can't decide which one!!

dizneemom
12-31-2007, 04:48 PM
Count me as another one saving for a WDW trip. This one will be for my DD's graduation. Between SR, ******** and my Disney VISA, I've already earned enough to pay for her share of a 7-day package with dining plan and $50 in Rainforest Cafe GCs. I'm hoping to add another $50 in RFC GCs before they go in June!

rygirlsmum
12-31-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm saving for our 1/09 trip to WDW.

mum4jenn
12-31-2007, 07:46 PM
I had saved up for our Christmas trip and now that is is finished I will start saving for the cruise I will win!!! LOL!!!!! I NEVER win any thing on here so I guess I will start saving for the trip at Fall break that my dh and dd will take. The two of them usually take a trip each year either at fall break or a February break when the kids are out of school but the folks that work in the schools have a work day.

3dog2kidmom
12-31-2007, 09:02 PM
put me in the disney club.........I am thinking of going on the SR cruise, but not sure if I will take my girls (that is a decision that is killing me!) or have a friend of mine (who also has 3 kids) go instead............she is all for it, but I have to wrap my brain around going away without the girls.....especially when it is disney related!!

GO! I'm leaving my kids at home... momma needs some time away, too :angel: Makes for a happier momma!

pbhall13
01-01-2008, 10:45 AM
GO! I'm leaving my kids at home... momma needs some time away, too :angel: Makes for a happier momma!

I am seriously thinking about doing it...............you are so right.....as the saying goes in my house "if momma ain't happy, then ain't nobody happy!!' (only time I allow my girls to speak improperly!!)

Mom2aPrincess
01-01-2008, 03:09 PM

My plan is to save up for any special cashouts, then when I have enough disney gc for room/tickets/food, then I'll start to work on the others.

I noticed our Walmart has Southwest gift cards too. I dont know if you can buy the gift cards with gift cards, but that might be an option. I was thinking of looking into it.

Same here! Disney always Disney. Last year I did use some of my earnings for Christmas. I just have not done as much this year so it all goes to Disney! We leave May 25!

I'm too saving for Disney like everyone else. We just got back from an awesome trip and we're all geared up wanting to go again. My goal is to pay for at least 1/2 of the entire trip (hotel, food, airfare, etc) with reward money. I'm going to catch up on offers here tomorrow and am spending today getting in as many of my expo videos as possible for the month of January. My New Years resolution was to do as many surveys as I can squeeze time in for here (would be great if I could do all 3 a day) and all the videos allowed on Expo (right now that's 75 at $5/a video). I would really like to pull off a trip the week of Thanksgiving...If not then, it will be the following summer and that seems SOOO far away!

fordisneyap08
01-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Trying to save up for our first trip to WDW in April. So Excited:cooldance: Between SR, Disney Reward Card, ******** and SendEarnings I am hoping to have enough to pay for soveniers and any extra food/snacks we may need to buy after DDP. Started planning six months ago...can't believe how fast time goes!!!

tarheelpat
01-02-2008, 01:42 PM
I had so much fun with my Disney giftcards! Our oldest son did the fall semester Colleger Program, so we were there three times. We treated them totally as free, fun money. Here's what we did:

August -- nice lunch for four at Fulton's Crab House while my oldest was doing his College Program orientation. $75

October -- two meals for four at the Food and Wine Festival plus a counter service meal. $175

December -- fun souvenirs for DH and me. We got a Mr. Potatohead for DH, the Mickey Mouse Vera Bradley-inspired tote for me, and a kitchen clock, dishtowels and Mickey snowman throw for all of us. $100 (including $25 I got through My Coke Rewards).

We don't have a Disney trip planned now, so I'm going to sit out the upcoming cashout. I've got the Disney bug again, though, so my intentions are to hold on to my points for a while and try to pile up enough to do some really significant with them the next trip -- perhaps the dining plan or even passes.

fourfoxesinpa
01-02-2008, 02:56 PM
August -- nice lunch for four at Fulton's Crab House while my oldest was doing his College Program orientation. $75

October -- two meals for four at the Food and Wine Festival plus a counter service meal. $175

December -- fun souvenirs for DH and me. We got a Mr. Potatohead for DH, the Mickey Mouse Vera Bradley-inspired tote for me, and a kitchen clock, dishtowels and Mickey snowman throw for all of us. $100 (including $25 I got through My Coke Rewards).

Disney fun with family....PRICELESS! :sunshine2: :sunshine:

jl8595
01-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Saving for a Disney cruise in 2009!! DH & I have cruised several times before, but never on DCL and never with our children, so I'm thoroughly excited. :banana: