PDA

View Full Version : Okay Ladies, I need your advice.

ItsmeSunnyV
05-31-2007, 07:47 PM
Im Stuck!.....

Originally my little family of 4, had planned on going on our 1st wdw trip ever. Until my Disney Hating hubby:raincloud:had to rain on my parade, and started complaining and saying he really didnt want to go. Keep in mind, I am the one paying for our little vacation with my reward money, and with my babysitting money. Well since he allows me not to work, I feel that I need to keep him in mind too. :headache: I had already cashed out a few times in Disney gift cards before we decided to cancel our ressies. So then I figured I'd use my disney g.c's to buy our Disneyland annual passes again this year. Well since than....I've earned well over enough to take a Disney World trip. And it's starting to pop back into my head. But now I have this idea that I want to take a cruise. lol. :o As you can see, Im a a very un decisive (sp?) person. Anyway, Do you guys think I should try to save up enough to TRY and take a disney cruise, which is about 3/4 more of what I have saved up, so will take me some time. OR get my disneyland passes, and take a Mexican Riviera cruise, which is about 1/2 of what I have saved in cash. I know Im not good at explaining things and I tend to ramble, so please bare with me. LOL

SunshineGirl
05-31-2007, 07:54 PM
I will say this about the DCL. I think you can be a non-Disney person and still REALLY love that cruise. And on the flip side, if you are a Disney person, you will find even more to love. There is a LOT of either non-Disney stuff or subtle Disney stuff that non-Disney people wouldn't get:

1) Only one restaurant is very obviously Disney decorated on the inside. And it is really cool.
2) The rooms have just some Mickey accents here and there.
3) The adult bar, lounges, pools, etc. have only hidden Disney things for the most part.
4) The movies they show on the ship (in the rooms and in the theatres) are from the Disney companies but are not all animated. I mean, we saw "Click."

I could go on and on. If you dream of a great disney trip but DH doesn't, I think you could find a compromise on the DCL. He doesn't have to stand in line waiting to meet the princesses with you.

The Cheshire Cat
05-31-2007, 07:58 PM
I'd save for the cruise! That would be something really nice! Would your hubby go on one? Mine wouldn't. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about it. They have so many options too!

jnorth1007
05-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Im sure even he could find something to love about that!!!!

3dog2kidmom
05-31-2007, 09:16 PM
I will say this about the DCL. I think you can be a non-Disney person and still REALLY love that cruise. And on the flip side, if you are a Disney person, you will find even more to love. There is a LOT of either non-Disney stuff or subtle Disney stuff that non-Disney people wouldn't get:

1) Only one restaurant is very obviously Disney decorated on the inside. And it is really cool.
2) The rooms have just some Mickey accents here and there.
3) The adult bar, lounges, pools, etc. have only hidden Disney things for the most part.
4) The movies they show on the ship (in the rooms and in the theatres) are from the Disney companies but are not all animated. I mean, we saw "Click."

I could go on and on. If you dream of a great disney trip but DH doesn't, I think you could find a compromise on the DCL. He doesn't have to stand in line waiting to meet the princesses with you.

What she said!

My DH, who wasn't really a Disney person, declared at Palo on our last day that he never wanted to sail again unless it could be on DCL.

The Cheshire Cat
06-09-2007, 05:50 PM
So what happened? What did you decide to do?

ItsmeSunnyV
06-09-2007, 06:56 PM
lol....Okay so...I spoke to my DH and we decided to go ahead and go on a cruise out here in Los Angeles ( carnival so, far) in Oct.to Cabo and Im not going to get my DL annual passes, but keep the $925 in Disney gift cards,that I already have and once my cruise is paid off, I will start saving up again, for a :mickey:DISNEY CRUISE:minnie:! YAY!!:cooldance: Im really excited, and wont mind saving for another year. We've never cruised, or even taken the kids anywhere far enough to call a REAL vaction, so it should be exciting. Soon, I will be asking for all your tips for the DCL, flying with the kids, and going to Florida. Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

:heart:Veronica

m4travels
06-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Veronica,
Have you thought about Princess out of San Pedro? Great ships, great crew, nice restaurants...

ItsmeSunnyV
06-09-2007, 07:38 PM
uhmm....Nope, The only reason were going on this one is that we found a really great deal for a six day. BTW where is San Pedro?lol

lenzs4
06-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Here is my cruise advice...
If you are waiting to cruise Disney in 08 - book it now while prices are still lower, however, if you can wait until '09 and book the week they open up new dates, book the Sept/Oct cruises and a family of four can go very reasonably. I booked a 7 day, cat. 6, Oct 07 while onboard and I am paying 4300 (family of 4) but I booked the double dip 08 the week prices were released and I paid 3300 for the same room. As rooms are sold, prices go up.

If you have friends that are cruising before you, give them $1000 and have them book a cruise in your name. I did that for my parents and they got the onboard booking price, the $200 credit, and were considered castaway club cruisers even though it was their first cruise. Plus, we transfered the ressie to a TA and got another $150 cash back after the cruise. Once you book your cruise, you do not need to pay it off until 3 months before cruising so you can have it, change dates... until you are ready to commit!

ItsmeSunnyV
06-10-2007, 01:14 AM
:) Great Advice!! Thank You!!! Dang, now if Only I knew someone who was cruising before us! :(

m4travels
06-10-2007, 10:01 AM
uhmm....Nope, The only reason were going on this one is that we found a really great deal for a six day. BTW where is San Pedro?lol

Sorry, must have misunderstood your previous post. San Pedro = Port of Los Angeles.

ItsmeSunnyV
06-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Ohh Okay gotcha. :) Thanks, I'll look into that.

Mom_of_2_Bichons
06-11-2007, 11:01 PM
DISNEY CRUISE all the way!!!!! It is our absolute favorite vacation of all time! We have been twice on the 7 day Eastern - I really cry as I'm getting off the boat that last day. It is pure paradise for us - totally pampering and Disney to boot! We just returned from a week at WDW and I'm so ready for a Disney Cruise where I can lounge on deck in a chaise lounge with my Tropical Yellow Bird, a nice breeze and the giant TV screen over the pool playing a favorite Disney movie....ahhhhh! Once you cruise Disney, you'll never go anywhere else! :cool: