PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Disney World Trip HELP!

schachteles
12-31-2007, 05:30 PM
When does Disney record their holiday parade?? I always foolishly thought that the parade was filmed on Christmas Day...and I used to comment it isn't that busy there...LOL...little did I know it was filmed at the beginning of December when it IS quieter at the World.

So I now have convinced my DH to let us go to Disney in 2008 since I took a huge promotion at work and because of that we now CAN afford it. We are talking about either going the full week before Thanksgiving, November 15th to the 23rd ~OR~ go the week that they are filming the parade.

Which one would you do?? Why?

Thanks for the help...I am just stoked to be able to be planning another trip!! :cooldance:

bs4free
12-31-2007, 06:30 PM
All i know about the parade tapeing is what i have read on the disboards

2007 PARADE SCHEDULE:

THE TAPING OF THE CHRISTMAS DAY PARADE IS TAKING PLACE ON NOVEMBER 30 AND DECEMBER 1. THE ANNUAL PASSHOLDER SIGN-UP TO TAKE PART IN THE TAPING IS SOLD OUT. NOTE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO DOWN MAIN STREET WHILE THIS IS TAKING PLACE, AND OTHER AREAS OF THE MAGIC KINGOM MAY ALSO BE INACCESSIBLE.

and i know i read some reviews that people did not like tapeing day as they did not get to see much becuase they film it in segments and do retakes and stuff like that, but i have never been so it may be great!

BTW i think anytime at disney is great but a trip during the christmas season sounds wonderful!

Magical JenK
12-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Kim-Congrats on your promo! My in-laws went to Disney the week after Thanksgiving & were there while they taped the parade. They said other than MK being CRAZY busy on the parade route...which they tape throughout the day to get the best shot, it was a great time! Low crowds! good luck deciding!!

schachteles
12-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Kim-Congrats on your promo! My in-laws went to Disney the week after Thanksgiving & were there while they taped the parade. They said other than MK being CRAZY busy on the parade route...which they tape throughout the day to get the best shot, it was a great time! Low crowds! good luck deciding!!

Thanks Jen...more hours and more stress, but more $$...so that is nice!! :cooldance:

I am just having a hard time deciding...I don't want to NOT be able to watch the parade from a good spot since we won't be AP holders.

I just want to get to Disney during the holiday season. After seeing it decorated for Halloween I can only imagine how cool it will be at Christmas time...and after seeing the castle this year I REALLY want to go. I really want to go from like the 23rd of December till January 2nd, but I know that is a absolutely CRAZY busy time and until our girls are older we can't be doing that.

3dog2kidmom
01-01-2008, 10:44 AM
When does Disney record their holiday parade?? I always foolishly thought that the parade was filmed on Christmas Day...and I used to comment it isn't that busy there...LOL...little did I know it was filmed at the beginning of December when it IS quieter at the World.

So I now have convinced my DH to let us go to Disney in 2008 since I took a huge promotion at work and because of that we now CAN afford it. We are talking about either going the full week before Thanksgiving, November 15th to the 23rd ~OR~ go the week that they are filming the parade.

Which one would you do?? Why?

Thanks for the help...I am just stoked to be able to be planning another trip!! :cooldance:

Congrats on the promotion and your 2008 trip!!!

You know, I think I would go during the parade taping week. I know it will already be decorated Thanksgiving, but personally that feels a bit too early for me to be in the Christmas spirit.

As an aside, we went Christmas week 2005 and it was amazing! I would go again in a heartbeat, in fact DH wants to buy DVC when we get to where we can afford it so we can specifically go at Christmas every year! But I'd go for as many days leading up to Christmas as possible and get out of there before New Years, because starting with Christmas day it gets busier each and every day of the week.

Happy planning!

schachteles
01-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Congrats on the promotion and your 2008 trip!!!

You know, I think I would go during the parade taping week. I know it will already be decorated Thanksgiving, but personally that feels a bit too early for me to be in the Christmas spirit.

As an aside, we went Christmas week 2005 and it was amazing! I would go again in a heartbeat, in fact DH wants to buy DVC when we get to where we can afford it so we can specifically go at Christmas every year! But I'd go for as many days leading up to Christmas as possible and get out of there before New Years, because starting with Christmas day it gets busier each and every day of the week.

Happy planning!

THANKS!!

I wonder when they will release the schedule for taping??

I cannot wait to be there during the holidays. I just can't yet take the kids for the actual holiday, they are just too young, but when they are older we are SO there.

m 'n c
01-01-2008, 02:28 PM
I would go after Thanksgiving. I think the parks might be a tad crazy before thanksgiving with people going early but I don't think people will stay after thanksgiving. I would just double check POP Warner times and plan accordingly.

schachteles
01-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Does anyone know the link on AllEarsNet.com that shows the discount history? I am just curious if they have offered discounts in the past for when we are going.

I am contimplating staying at our Hilton Grand Vacations Club timeshare as opposed to on property to save some $$. But if a good enough code could come I am sure I might be able to convince DH otherwise.

schachteles
01-01-2008, 02:45 PM
I would go after Thanksgiving. I think the parks might be a tad crazy before thanksgiving with people going early but I don't think people will stay after thanksgiving. I would just double check POP Warner times and plan accordingly.

Ok that could suck, I have heard about that...I just checked their website and they were there the 2nd through the 5th of 2007.

m 'n c
01-01-2008, 02:52 PM
hmm then I would go after they leave. We went the week before Christmas once and it was really nice and dead at WDW. I'm sure most of December is like that as well.

Kycha
01-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't let the Pop Warner crowd deter your vacation. We were there Dec 2004, staying at POP. The only time we noticed the kids was at the resort(cheerleaders)...and we spend very little time there. So, they didn't affect us at all. Then we saw them one night at MGM EMH. I think they are too busy with their tournament to be in the park. And probably the only time they are in the parks is at night.

Mom2aPrincess
01-01-2008, 06:53 PM
I think either would be a great choice. I don't know when all the Christmas stuff is put out, but I would want to wait until it was all out and not just portions. We just got back from being there the 19th - 30th and it was AWESOME!!! Everyone always talks about how hectic and awful it is between Christmas and New Years and I was almost dreading the end of our trip, but I subscribed to TGM and just used his recommendations and I never really noticed the crowds. We never waited for more than about 20 minutes for any rides the entire time...It was a blast and I wouldn't hesitate a moment to go back during the Christmas break....

I'm trying to crunch numbers and see if I could possibly get us back the week of Thanksgiving this year...Not sure what crowd levels are considered, but we're usually out that entire week so I thought we could head out right after school on Friday, fly down Saturday morning and come home Friday or Saturday....we'll see if that works out. I'm not sure if I can make it work in just 11 months, but if we don't I would have to wait until summer and heat, which we did the first time and I much preferred the December weather to the July weather.