PDA

View Full Version : Having A Bad Day

wilsonfamily4
01-03-2008, 11:22 AM
I am having a bad day. It is only 8:20 :) and already through emails feel so discouraged. I am in charge of something at church and am not having a great time this year with it but trying to keep at it. But I just cannot seem to get over the negative things people say. I don't do well with negative comments I wish I could just ignore them.

This all probably makes no sense but I had to come here and vent!!!!!!!!

faithhope
01-03-2008, 11:29 AM
:hugs:
:sunshine: :sunshine2:

gpp2001
01-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Vent all you like, we'll listen (or read!!) :hugs:

rygirlsmum
01-03-2008, 11:36 AM
You are probably taking on a task that those of the negative comment wouldn't tackle. Keep your chin up! We're here for you and will always support you!

:hugs:

Candi
01-03-2008, 12:45 PM
:hugs: :hugs:Try not to let them get to you. I know it's hard to do. I need to email you some questions but I promise to be positive! :) :)

nicholfamily5
01-03-2008, 12:51 PM
aw man! Sounds like you are having a rough time of it.
I hate when someone steps up to take on a project that NO ONE else will touch, and then all they get are negative comments.

Do your best to ignore them, easier said I know. YOu are doing a great thing, and it will come back to you ten-fold! I know how good I feel when I do a task that others won't, even if they give me a hard time.

Good Luck and if you want to put it out there for us, please do! Vent away!

:sunshine: :hugs:

kimntrent
01-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Can I join your bad day gathering? I just found out that the US Bankrupcy court is auditing us through December 31, 2007. Which we were told that we had a clean slate after we filed in November. If I would have known tht we wouldn't have bought 1/2 the things we did for people for xmas, put extra on our cars to pay them off or take a little trip to Disneyland. So not only do we have that going on but the federal government is auditing us on our 2005 tax returns on get this: CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS. Can you believe it? I have the recepts for major donations to show it but I guess that isn't enough.

I feel for you a ton right now. What a way to start out 2008. Here's a :hugs:

Kim

wilsonfamily4
01-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Can I join your bad day gathering? I just found out that the US Bankrupcy court is auditing us through December 31, 2007. Which we were told that we had a clean slate after we filed in November. If I would have known tht we wouldn't have bought 1/2 the things we did for people for xmas, put extra on our cars to pay them off or take a little trip to Disneyland. So not only do we have that going on but the federal government is auditing us on our 2005 tax returns on get this: CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS. Can you believe it? I have the recepts for major donations to show it but I guess that isn't enough.

I feel for you a ton right now. What a way to start out 2008. Here's a :hugs:

Kim

Kim~
I am so sorry. being audited is so scary. Your day is worse!!!! :)

bs4free
01-03-2008, 12:58 PM
:hugs: :hugs::hugs::hugs:

kimntrent
01-03-2008, 01:05 PM
I will gladly share for you girl.

linanglab
01-03-2008, 01:16 PM
wilson - I KNOW how you feel. I have done many church "jobs" (payless), that no one wants to do - at least at the time - and then they complain that you aren't doing this right, or you should have done this instead, etc.

I have tried to ONLY complain about things that I am apart of, because those are the things I can help. For example, if I am not on the women's ministery team, I will not complain about it. If I am not willing to partipate in the children's ministry, I am not going to complain. But since I AM a part of the worship ministry, I feel like I can contribute some ideas, etc. Just remember this verse (it is my motto) "Do everything without arguing and complaining"...Believe, I fail on this one ALOT, but I at least try! LOL

However, some people have control issues. It seems like there is a lot of that going on at church. Just do your best and give it to God. I am sure He is not happy with all the negativity and He will bless your efforts.

And about being audited!!!! That is a bit scary.....

disneynut
01-03-2008, 01:30 PM
:hugs: :hugs: Hugs for both of you. Wilson, just hold your head up high and go on about your business. I am sure you are doing the best you can. I know it is easier said then done, but ignore the comments. They obviously have issues of their own.... Do your best and know that the Good Lord knows and recognizes your efforts. Hope your day gets better. Here is some sunshine for you. :sunshine: :sunshine2:

pbhall13
01-03-2008, 02:26 PM
oh boy the two of you have had a bit to deal with today........

as for the church stuff............do the best that you can do, try hard to ignore what other people say (I always tell my girls that when people say bad/negative things it is because of those peoples insecurities/issues and that you just smile and say "thank you for your advice/comment I will remember that and I will continue to do my best"....that usually stops people in their tracks)

Auditing...........yeah that does stink......happened to me last year........over work deductions, which I had already submitted, but they decided they needed more copies!!

Good luck and hope the two of you have a day that improves!

Pamela

chipndale
01-03-2008, 03:13 PM
the church stuff............do the best that you can do, try hard to ignore what other people say (I always tell my girls that when people say bad/negative things it is because of those peoples insecurities/issues and that you just smile and say "thank you for your advice/comment I will remember that and I will continue to do my best"....that usually stops people in their tracks)

My dh and I have faced this many times with a nonprofit organization we work with. The organization has a golf outing that was falling apart and no one wanted to work on the committee anymore. So, dh and I found another couple to help and keep it going. We have received major critism from so many others that the golf outing only make $7,500. In my opinion, that is fantastic. So, after that when we have received negative remarks, we reply "thanks for the advice, it would be so great if you would be part of the committee/event. We could really use someone with your talents on our team." So far we have had only one member come and help and the rest have quit with the comments. Good Luck and remember that you are doing good.

ItsmeSunnyV
01-03-2008, 04:06 PM
:hugs: :hugs: HUGS FOR Kim & Dee:hugs: :hugs:

lanny76
01-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Oh no guys! And I felt sort of sorry for myself getting a stomach virus and feeling nasty when I'm 7 wks pregnant, and our 10 month old and 3yr old have it too - uggh. But this at least passes more quickly than your worries.
I feel for both of you. Negativity is such a hard thing to deal with - but just keep praying for grace & strength!
Never been audited and never want to be - wow. Hope it works out for you, Kim.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to both Kim and Dee, and anyone else who might be having a hard time, too

jakeandsophiesmom
01-03-2008, 06:56 PM
:hugs: :hugs: to you both. Hope your days get better tommorrow.:sunshine:

arob414
01-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Hope both of your days are better, tomorrow. I don't do well with negative criticism, either. And, yikes, audit.:eek:

sunshinemckenzie
01-03-2008, 10:31 PM
:hugs: :hugs:

DisneyMa
01-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Hope tomorrow is better for the both of you. Remember it's FRIDAY!!!!:D

Sunni
01-04-2008, 07:37 AM
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: