PDA

View Full Version : how old is SR?

phillygal3
01-03-2008, 06:01 PM
sorry if its written somewhere and i didnt see it? but i'd like to know so when i tell people about it, i can say something like "its been around 5 years, its a VERY reliable site!".

thanks

m 'n c
01-03-2008, 06:04 PM
I believe Jan 2006 is when it began.

phillygal3
01-03-2008, 06:09 PM
hmm is that all? feels like i have been a member longer than that. thanks for quick reply. :)

sunshinecindy
01-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Yes, actually it is and we will be having a celebration trivia this month in honor of it. However, SR derived from another site called Helping Moms Connect, Tricias first brain child. We now have several other sites also that we are working on to make just as great at SR. In just a years time, we have grown immeasurably because its truly a mom and pop business. We don't get some of the big deals and payouts like the huge reward sites, however, you can't go to them if you don't get credits and expect to get an answer or get them to fight for you, cause they don't, they are too big. We on the other hand want our members to feel comfortable here, be a family, make some money and keep it more personal so we can do the best for our members.

lanny76
01-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Yes, actually it is and we will be having a celebration trivia this month in honor of it. However, SR derived from another site called Helping Moms Connect, Tricias first brain child. We now have several other sites also that we are working on to make just as great at SR. In just a years time, we have grown immeasurably because its truly a mom and pop business. We don't get some of the big deals and payouts like the huge reward sites, however, you can't go to them if you don't get credits and expect to get an answer or get them to fight for you, cause they don't, they are too big. We on the other hand want our members to feel comfortable here, be a family, make some money and keep it more personal so we can do the best for our members.

And just from my short experience I can see that you all do go to bat for your members and it is comfortable, like a family here! I really like that people all display postive attitudes and you on the staff don't put yourself above the other members in any way, and you're honest. Thanks for all you've done to make this a great, wholesome site!:sunshine2:
This is the site for me and I'm sticking around!

OhMari
01-03-2008, 07:29 PM
I remember in the beginning when Tricia answered questions for us over on the DIS. I'm sure she still does, but I don't frequent the Budget Board to often anymore.

SunshineGirl
01-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I remember in the beginning when Tricia answered questions for us over on the DIS. I'm sure she still does, but I don't frequent the Budget Board to often anymore.

I sure did! I don't get over there as much anymore because of all of the activity in our forum. But without the DIS, SR would not have gotten very far.

gpp2001
01-03-2008, 08:22 PM
I have to agree - without the DIS I would have never heard of SR!! I gues we should give a big THANK YOU to the DIS!!

askomsky
01-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Very well put Cindy. In today's world customer service isn't what it use to be and the fact that you and Trisha are always here to answer questions and make it feel like a welcoming family is what makes it so special!!!

Thank you!
April

askomsky
01-03-2008, 09:27 PM
sorry if its written somewhere and i didnt see it? but i'd like to know so when i tell people about it, i can say something like "its been around 5 years, its a VERY reliable site!".

thanks

Just curious where in the Philly Burbs are you??? I am too and wondering on what side of Philly! :) Chester Co. over here.

fourfoxesinpa
01-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Just curious where in the Philly Burbs are you??? I am too and wondering on what side of Philly! :) Chester Co. over here.

I'm western ChesCo/East LancCo here! Hi Neighbor! :o

askomsky
01-03-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm western ChesCo/East LancCo here! Hi Neighbor! :o

Howdy! Not to far away then, we're only 15 mins from Valley Forge National Park heading west. Can see the nuclear towers if I drive 5 mins down the road... :)

penn19
01-03-2008, 10:29 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I grew up in the Philly Burbs, but the other side-Bucks County. All my family is still there.:)

askomsky
01-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I grew up in the Philly Burbs, but the other side-Bucks County. All my family is still there.:)

Lower Bucks girl born and raised!!!! Graduated from Pennsbury, most of my family still lives in that area.... :) Migrated out this way after college and work.

April

penn19
01-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Lower Bucks girl born and raised!!!! Graduated from Pennsbury, most of my family still lives in that area.... :) Migrated out this way after college and work.

April

Neshaminy here! Moved to Florida right after graduation, and now firmly settled in Texas. I miss it sometimes (PA, not Florida)but could never go back.

KJFAE
01-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Neshaminy here! Moved to Florida right after graduation, and now firmly settled in Texas. I miss it sometimes (PA, not Florida)but could never go back.

Small world! I'm in Montgomery now, but grew up in Bucks & went to Neshaminy!

penn19
01-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Small world! I'm in Montgomery now, but grew up in Bucks & went to Neshaminy!

I'll put you on the spot here: what year did you graduate? My brother actually lives in Montco. Hatfield.

askomsky
01-03-2008, 11:08 PM
I'll put you on the spot here: what year did you graduate? My brother actually lives in Montco. Hatfield.

Just spent last weekend in Hatfield for DS8's hockey tournament! lol

Where in Montco, I'm so close to Montco border where I'm at!

askomsky
01-03-2008, 11:09 PM

Wow! My GF graduated from Neshaminy, she's almost 4 yrs younger then me.
What year did you graduate?

I don't miss Bucks, I go back enough to realize I have it pretty good out here... :) But I do love PA. Lived in MO for a year and missed PA pretty bad.

penn19
01-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Wow! My GF graduated from Neshaminy, she's almost 4 yrs younger then me.
What year did you graduate?

I don't miss Bucks, I go back enough to realize I have it pretty good out here... :) But I do love PA. Lived in MO for a year and missed PA pretty bad.

I graduated in 1984, but have also have 5 brothers and sisters who graduated in the 70's if that helps.

KJFAE
01-03-2008, 11:16 PM

I graduated in 1990 & have younger siblings that were after me.

penn19
01-03-2008, 11:19 PM
I graduated in 1990 & have younger siblings that were after me.

wow. You are young....:cry: My nephew graduated from there in 96.

askomsky
01-03-2008, 11:24 PM
I graduated in 1984, but have also have 5 brothers and sisters who graduated in the 70's if that helps.

Umm, slightly younger :) , but my DH graduated in 85.

askomsky
01-03-2008, 11:25 PM

How come I don't feel young??? :) I graduated in 92.

Now that we stole this thread and went off topic! :angel:

penn19
01-03-2008, 11:28 PM
How come I don't feel young??? :) I graduated in 92.

Now that we stole this thread and went off topic! :angel:

[B]What was the original topic? teehee. I do know some 85 graduates. Not many though. Lets hijack further, what part of the Neshaminy district did your DH live in?/B]

KJFAE
01-03-2008, 11:28 PM

Thanks!!! But I sure don't feel it anymore - all those aches & pains!!! Guess that's what kids will do to you!

askomsky
01-03-2008, 11:47 PM
[B]What was the original topic? teehee. I do know some 85 graduates. Not many though. Lets hijack further, what part of the Neshaminy district did your DH live in?/B]

Actually DH is from Pennsauken NJ. He went to Catholic school. My GF lived right off of Bensalem Blvd by the mall. My mom works off of Bensalem Blvd.

I lived in Fairless hills when I went to Pennsbury.

bs4free
01-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Well to get back on topic the orginal topic as to how old sr is it will be two years old on Jan 06, 2008 that in 3 days we must get ready for the party :party:, because as far as i can tell SR was born on Jan 06, 2008 I am sure Tricia can give us the True Birthday if i am not correct!

chipndale
01-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Wow, it is a small world! I didn't realize that we had so many Pennsylvanians. Although I am from the other end of the state, I visit my BIL quite often. He lives in a little town called Lincoln University. It is so nice to visit and go see Lancaster when we are there. Does anyone know if the Disney outlet store is open in Rockvale yet?

Kycha
01-04-2008, 02:44 AM
Wow, it is a small world! I didn't realize that we had so many Pennsylvanians. Although I am from the other end of the state, I visit my BIL quite often. He lives in a little town called Lincoln University. It is so nice to visit and go see Lancaster when we are there. Does anyone know if the Disney outlet store is open in Rockvale yet?

I agree. I didn't realize so many of us are from PA either. I'm in Lancaster County. And yes, the Disney outlet is open. I am hoping to make it there this weekend. BTW, they just opened one at the Hershey outlets as well. Chipndale where are you from?

chipndale
01-04-2008, 11:02 AM
I agree. I didn't realize so many of us are from PA either. I'm in Lancaster County. And yes, the Disney outlet is open. I am hoping to make it there this weekend. BTW, they just opened one at the Hershey outlets as well. Chipndale where are you from?

Oh, that is good news. I guess I will have to make a trip out and visit my BIL. I didn't realize that a Disney outlet store was going to open at the Hershery outlets. I will put that on my list for when we go to Hershery park. I live at the other end of the state. I live in the easter suburbs of Pittsburgh. Go Steelers. My mom and I come out to Lancaster to shop at the Amish quite a bit. As soon as we move in our new house, I am planning on making a trip to get a kitchen table and chairs. Our old house had a center island and when we are renting is too small for anything so we have been eating off of a card table. I am getting anxious to make the trip and do some shopping. Oh, I will be in trouble with dh - Disney store, Pottery barn, childrens place, qvc..... I don't think I will tell him. :rotfl:

fourfoxesinpa
01-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Oh, that is good news. I guess I will have to make a trip out and visit my BIL. I didn't realize that a Disney outlet store was going to open at the Hershery outlets. I will put that on my list for when we go to Hershery park. I live at the other end of the state. I live in the easter suburbs of Pittsburgh. Go Steelers. My mom and I come out to Lancaster to shop at the Amish quite a bit. As soon as we move in our new house, I am planning on making a trip to get a kitchen table and chairs. Our old house had a center island and when we are renting is too small for anything so we have been eating off of a card table. I am getting anxious to make the trip and do some shopping. Oh, I will be in trouble with dh - Disney store, Pottery barn, childrens place, qvc..... I don't think I will tell him. :rotfl:

Too Wild! I'm also from Lanc. Co. - right on the Chester County border and I know exactly where Lincoln University is...

Disney Store outlet is the bomb! Stopped the other night on the way home from Lancaster and got matching tshirts for us FourFoxes for $3 each. Perfect for the next trip to Disney. They were $4.99 and then another 40% off. If you go to Rockvale, check out the new Steve and Barry outlet too. Lots of bargains there.

Kycha
01-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Too Wild! I'm also from Lanc. Co. - right on the Chester County border and I know exactly where Lincoln University is...

Disney Store outlet is the bomb! Stopped the other night on the way home from Lancaster and got matching tshirts for us FourFoxes for $3 each. Perfect for the next trip to Disney. They were $4.99 and then another 40% off. If you go to Rockvale, check out the new Steve and Barry outlet too. Lots of bargains there.

Ooohh. What do they have at the Steve and Barry store? Is that near the Disney outlet? Even though I'm only 20 minutes away, I hardly ever go to the outlets. But, with the new Disney outlet, I am sure to spend more time there.

fourfoxesinpa
01-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Ooohh. What do they have at the Steve and Barry store? Is that near the Disney outlet? Even though I'm only 20 minutes away, I hardly ever go to the outlets. But, with the new Disney outlet, I am sure to spend more time there.

Steve and Barry's has all kinds of clothing for men, women and kids. I was there a few days after Christmas and they had Starbury sneakers, jeans, collegiate logo items including jackets, tshirts. They also had branded items from Sarah Jessica Parker's line, Venus Williams's line of athletic clothing and a line by a Amanda Bynes. Everything in the store was $8.99 or less. It was insane. They are in the section with the Reading Glass & China - where the Pepperidge Farm used to be. They've taken over many stores there and have a big place.

The Renovation Hardware store is also open now (I think that's the name of it). Sort of like a Pottery Barn. It's where the Food Court used to be.

20 min. in which direction are you? I'm about 15 minutes East. It is a Small World After All!

Kycha
01-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Steve and Barry's has all kinds of clothing for men, women and kids. I was there a few days after Christmas and they had Starbury sneakers, jeans, collegiate logo items including jackets, tshirts. They also had branded items from Sarah Jessica Parker's line, Venus Williams's line of athletic clothing and a line by a Amanda Bynes. Everything in the store was $8.99 or less. It was insane. They are in the section with the Reading Glass & China - where the Pepperidge Farm used to be. They've taken over many stores there and have a big place.

The Renovation Hardware store is also open now (I think that's the name of it). Sort of like a Pottery Barn. It's where the Food Court used to be.

20 min. in which direction are you? I'm about 15 minutes East. It is a Small World After All!

I'm North, close to the Berks county border. In the Denver area, about 2 miles from the turnpike. I've heard a lot about Renovation Hardware. I definitely need to shop at Target this weekend. I might as well stop at the outlets on the way. It was cold, cold, cold last night. But, I see we are in for a "heat wave". Low to mid 50's for the next week. Get out the sunblock!:rotfl:

askomsky
01-04-2008, 03:58 PM

I'm only 5 miles from the new "Philadelphia Preimium Outlets" which are in ah hem, Limerick! lol I haven't been there yet, they opened right before we left for Disney and they were mobbed for the holiday season. I know we're getting a Disney outlet there come Spring!

I haven't been to the Lancaster outlets in about a year, I have gone to Reading outlets, but they just don't compare to Rockvale. I didn't realize they got a Disney store outlet. The only one I have ever been to was in Rohobeth when we went to OC MD. Where is it located?

We went to DW this summer and ate at Bob Evans on the way out. I did see the Eagles Sport Zone which is new!

Kycha
01-04-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm only 5 miles from the new "Philadelphia Preimium Outlets" which are in ah hem, Limerick! lol I haven't been there yet, they opened right before we left for Disney and they were mobbed for the holiday season. I know we're getting a Disney outlet there come Spring!
I was just telling DH we need to go to the new outlets, see what they got. He didn't even know they existed. What can I say? Men!

I haven't been to the Lancaster outlets in about a year, I have gone to Reading outlets, but they just don't compare to Rockvale. I didn't realize they got a Disney store outlet. The only one I have ever been to was in Rohobeth when we went to OC MD. Where is it located?I'm not really sure where it is located. I think next to Children's Place. I'll let you know. I hope to get out there on Sunday.

We went to DW this summer and ate at Bob Evans on the way out. I did see the Eagles Sport Zone which is new!Yeah, I had to stop in there one day to get my brother's Christmas gift. Expensive. I paid like $5 for a pack of cards. I really don't think they get the concept of an outlet.:rotfl:

chipndale
01-05-2008, 12:36 AM
In Rockvale the Disney Outlet is located in the row between Bass Shoes and Gymboree. I am so excited to hear that they are open. When I was out there in October, they had the signs up but were not open.

fourfoxesinpa
01-05-2008, 12:36 AM
The Disney Store is sort of behind Cracker Barrel...in the strip of stores with Bass and Gymboree. Secret Sneaker might still be there too.

Happy Shopping!!!!