PDA

View Full Version : Ok, headed back...

Magical JenK
01-04-2008, 01:11 PM
It's been a long, long time (too long) but I'm headed back to WW for a meeting tonight! I have the monthly pass & I wouldn't let myself cancel it. My theory is if I canceled it, it would be too easy to slip back into bad habits, if I didn't cancel it, it was financial punishment to me!

So I've had 3 months of financial punishment...enough is enough! I'm back & ready to face the scale...ok, there's a bigger part of me that just doesn't want to look, but I will. And next week the number WILL be lower!

Jeez...maybe I shouldn't have posted this...I probably scared people away from being my buddy!! ("Oooh I don't want to be Jen's buddy...she's gonna need a lot of help!!") :p

SunshineGirl
01-04-2008, 01:18 PM
I've been easing us back in my just counting points unofficially in my head this week. But we'll be back on the online plan (which I also never cancelled) starting Monday. I'm really dreading it, which sucks. Last night I was so hungry that I actually ate a peanut butter cracker, and I HATE peanut butter. I become a true witch when I go through the carb withdrawal. But I just have to push through it because it will all be fine after a couple of weeks on plan. We're pretty used to it here because we do tend to spend about half of every year on plan. It's the other half of the year that kills us....

jeannie
01-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Hey Jen,
I hope that things went well on your trip back to WW. I know it can be hard (esp. after that holidays). I haven't been to WW in years and it shows. I'm really hoping that I can at least get myself back on the program if not to the meetings. I really want to make 2008 the year I get healthy ( and look great!) My thoughts are with you!:banana:
Jeannie

jnorth1007
01-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Weight Watchers was not the key for me. Don't know why but it never caught on. I am desperately seeking right now a cookbook that involves nutritional food. KWIM? I have watched a couple of episodes of that show You are What you Eat on BBC and I swear I could eat healthy if I had the recipes. I tried You on a Diet and they had nothing but flipping beans. Sheesh I was tired of tomato based dishes and kidney beans. Did one of the trainers on Biggest Loser write a cookbook? I dont want another diet. I really want a lifestyle change. Something where I change the types of foods we eat without counting or figuring up anything. There has to be something out there that just tells you the good foods to eat and gives you recipes for how to prepare them so it isn't boring. Any suggestions? LOL Maybe I need a therapist instead. :confused:

Magical JenK
01-04-2008, 01:26 PM
We're pretty used to it here because we do tend to spend about half of every year on plan. It's the other half of the year that kills us....

I TOTALLY know what you mean!! I'm super good for a long time & then WHAM....all that's gone in a Chipolte fix! I wonder if I'll be better this time because our Disney trip is later in the year this time??? Then I'll only have 1 bad month (December) & then back on track come new years 2009??

Oh wow...how sad, I'm already planning my 2009 new years resolution & assuming I failed my 2008 one that's all of 4 days old! :rotfl: Talk about needing a therapist!!

linanglab
01-04-2008, 01:34 PM
I TOTALLY know what you mean!! I'm super good for a long time & then WHAM....all that's gone in a Chipolte fix! I wonder if I'll be better this time because our Disney trip is later in the year this time??? Then I'll only have 1 bad month (December) & then back on track come new years 2009??

Oh wow...how sad, I'm already planning my 2009 new years resolution & assuming I failed my 2008 one that's all of 4 days old! :rotfl: Talk about needing a therapist!!

Now that is funny! BUT you will not fail at this. You WILL accomplish your goals this year! I have faith in you, Jen. When you get your buddy, you 2 will lose and be healthy together. I think this will be a good year for all of us.

m 'n c
01-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Weight Watchers was not the key for me. Don't know why but it never caught on. I am desperately seeking right now a cookbook that involves nutritional food. KWIM? I have watched a couple of episodes of that show You are What you Eat on BBC and I swear I could eat healthy if I had the recipes. I tried You on a Diet and they had nothing but flipping beans. Sheesh I was tired of tomato based dishes and kidney beans. Did one of the trainers on Biggest Loser write a cookbook? I dont want another diet. I really want a lifestyle change. Something where I change the types of foods we eat without counting or figuring up anything. There has to be something out there that just tells you the good foods to eat and gives you recipes for how to prepare them so it isn't boring. Any suggestions? LOL Maybe I need a therapist instead. :confused:

I have a few suggestions on recipe books:
1. Any Holly Clegg cookbook
2. Weight Watchers cookbook (found at B&N or BAM). I just got one for their all time fav recipes at christmas and the recipes look devine
3. Fix it and forget it slowly (crockpots) have nutritional values for each recipe and you can easily tailor it to the way you want it

I think by just eating recipes from those cookbooks and measuring portions (not talking counting cals/carbs/points) and some moderate exercise will help. Once you start eating that way you will hate to eat out because it will feel "greasy" to you.

jnorth1007
01-04-2008, 01:57 PM
That is my point Catherine. I am so craving veggies lately but I don't want to just go out to the Farmer's Market and buy them and then not know how to cook them. Thanks for the suggestions. I have a membership to the cookbook club still so I am going to order a few and fulfill my membership lol

m 'n c
01-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Janet - start a new thread on cooking veggies. I have some methods but could use some more as well. Are you opposed to can or frozen?

howdyfrtx
01-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Iím right there with you ladies. I havenít been in about 2 or 3 weeks. I should of gone last night but Iím exercising like crazy this week and part of next before I jump on the scale. I made my husband take all the good Christmas candy we got to work. Plus, my DD (4) told me I had a flabby buttÖshe sure does know how to make me feel good. Thatís all I need to get me motivated.

I would love to hear how other people cook there vegetables. Iím not much of a cook and could us a little help.

Magical JenK
01-04-2008, 11:55 PM
I went & weighed in...so the hard part is over. Looking forward to being successful this week! It had been so long that there were new materials!! I got 4 weeks worth...oops.

howdyfrtx
01-05-2008, 08:58 AM
What new materials did they have?

disney_girl
01-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Congrats for going Jen!! You are on the right track!!:cooldance:

m 'n c
01-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Congrats on going back. What did you get in the 4 weeks worth of materials? Any good recipes to share?

Magical JenK
01-09-2008, 08:03 PM
There was new "Getting Started" booklet & then weeks 1-4. The first two weeks were the same as I had received last time they had new materials, but then week 3 was different & week4 before was week 3...so they probably just moved some weeks around. Same program, same way to calculate the points.

There were actually some pretty cool recipes for ONE in the Getting Started booklet. I'll be sure to start posting some in the next few days. I like that they are for 1. DH works nights so it's easier to eat too much if I make something that is for 4 people!!!

howdyfrtx
01-12-2008, 08:23 AM
I too headed back to WW the other night it was too bad but it was great to get back on board. The worse part is that I weigh in at 5pm...I wish it was in the morning because thats when I'm my lightest.

Magical JenK
01-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Cindy-I know what you're saying! I always try to go to the Saturday AM meeting! I feel I'm at my lighest then too! Ha!!

I went for my weigh in this morning & I was down 4.6 lbs!! I was so happy...but I'm thinking a lot of that is due to the Saturday morning vs the Friday night weigh in!! But I'll take it!!

Have a good week!

howdyfrtx
01-12-2008, 10:39 PM
THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Congrats!! I'm so excited for you. What a great way to get back on track. Big victory for you....keep up the great work.

Anna
01-13-2008, 05:32 AM
Cindy-I know what you're saying! I always try to go to the Saturday AM meeting! I feel I'm at my lighest then too! Ha!!

I went for my weigh in this morning & I was down 4.6 lbs!! I was so happy...but I'm thinking a lot of that is due to the Saturday morning vs the Friday night weigh in!! But I'll take it!!

Have a good week!

Congrats! AWESOME!!! :banana:

I am doing the WW online...I am horrible at making it to meetings. I never stopped subscribing to the online WW since joining a couple of months back, but have procrastinated getting back into it. I do ok once I get the ball rolling so to speak. I just take one day at a time and if I slip; I try to do better the next day.

It is always best to weigh first thing in the morning each time after you use the restroom of course! LOL. I have my first weigh in on Tuesday morning...here's hoping I have lost at least a pound or two!

I feel better if I weigh in before I even eat. That way I give myself all the help I can on weigh in day! LOL! :o

askomsky
01-13-2008, 08:17 AM

Have a good week!

WHOO HOO! Awesome jen!!!!! That's great! Now if I could just start COUNTING my points I would be ok.... Can do everything else, just get to lazy to count them! :)

speechteachri
01-13-2008, 08:02 PM
I forgot to get weighed in for my December weigh in for lifetime membership. I'm not sure what that means....but I have been weighing myself. I am stil about 2 lbs. up from over the holidays, but back to ww eating.:)