PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland dining

Mandi
01-08-2008, 02:20 PM
There are several of us DLR AP holders here, I know. :)

Anyway, I've been to DLR a hundred times it seems. But we always have our kids with us (ages 1 thru 6) so we tend to do CS meals.

I'm doing a girls trip in about 6 weeks with just my 2 oldest girls (4.5 & 6) and my girlfriend. We'll be there on her birthday. :) Anyway, I want to take her to a nice restaurant (ie- not CS). But I'm not sure which one to chose. She's making it harder b/c she's so dang picky; she can't eat mushrooms (allergic), won't eat any japanese/chinese (I would have loved to try Yamabuki's!), doesn't like creole (so no BB). She doesn't drink wine so I've pretty much ruled out The Vineyard Room. Not sure I'd want to go there with my girls anyway.

I don't care if it's in the parks, the hotels or DTD. I just need to pick somewhere that's good and make a reservation soon since her birthday is on a Fri. and likely will be busy.

So if any of my fellow DLR goers could help, I'd appreciate it. :sunshine2:

Michael, I know you eat there with your partner often- where would you take him for his birthday if you were at the parks?

MrsWonka
01-08-2008, 02:26 PM
I love Blue Bayou. They have several options that are not cajun/creole and watching the POTC ride is great. That is where we took my DD for her 10th birthday lunch and we had a great time. There is a list (I think it is on allears.net) with all the restaurant menus and prices. I had all our dining planned out before we went. It was great.

mommytotwo
01-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Why wouldn't she eat Japanese food? We tried Yamabukis and it is good. She could try the karage which is deep fried boneless chicken. And they have rice or noodles. You could get shrimp or steak.

DisneyMa
01-08-2008, 06:50 PM
I really like the Wine County Trattoria. You can choose to sit in or outside and people watch. They have a lovely menu that includes kid friendly dishes (it is Disney after all!:D)

I like it alot better than Blue Bayou. I won't go to BB anymore. They changed the food and my girls won't eat anything there! Oh well, it was always too busy in my opinion. I'll stick to Club33 in NOS.

Mandi
01-08-2008, 07:05 PM
I'll stick to Club33 in NOS.

Unfortunately, not everyone has a way into Club 33. :cry: I'd love to try it sometime though!

I've been eyeing Wine Country quite a bit... I've never eaten there but it looks nice. I might end up doing that one. :) If not, we can always fall back on RFC, ESPN Zone or something like that. Not exactly quiet and relaxing, but the kids like it.

m4travels
01-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Michael, I know you eat there with your partner often- where would you take him for his birthday if you were at the parks?

Well, we LOVE The Vineyard Room and you really don't have to drink wine to enjoy it! Gloria has just changed over the menu and she really does a fine job as exec chef.
The Trattoria has very good food BUT there is absolutely no escape from the wind if it starts blowing - wait!! They do have an indoor seating area; I forgot about that!

Now, you really need to watch the weather reports because we were at The Vineyard Room on NYE and it wasn't a pleasant experience. The wind was soooooooo strong and it was, ummm, a bit chilly up there.

Club 33, as DisneyMa said, is such a treat, but we've lost our "in" there. I think the lunches are better with kids as they have characters at that time, but the evenings, sitting above NOS, are magical.

Now, if you want to have REALLY great food and still be on property try The Napa Rose at the Grand Californian. Ask for John to be your server if possible. Pricey, yes, but their exec chef, Andrew Sutton, has done WONDERS. Once again, you don't have to have wine to enjoy this meal (though you should start off with a glass of the Banfi Rosa Regale. I think they charge $14/glass but the light sweetness, hint of strawberries in the nose, and the lushness on the tongue - oh, my. This coming from someone who would NEVER drink anything PINK!)

And it's been ages since we've gone, but Catal in DTD is also very nice. Some folks really like Brennan's, but we had an experience there that was not so good, so we just haven't gone back!

Hmmmmmm......now you've got me thinking. Partner dude's b'day is the 27th. We just might have to make a run down to the park!

kimntrent
01-10-2008, 01:56 AM
Storyteller's cafe. Perfect for every style. Great food. Totally an A+++ here.

Kim

Alice28
01-12-2008, 09:39 PM
I would do Storyteller's Cafe, although we had a GREAT experience at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen last time.

I know your DD wouldn't like it, but I just have to say I am DYING for some of the cajun popcorn shrimp from Jazz Kitchen right now. Yummy.

Mandi
01-28-2008, 03:24 PM
I totally meant to say thank you to everyone for your suggestions!

She decided she wanted to try RFC. Not my first choice but it's not my birthday. I think I might make reservations another day for The Vineyard Room too. :)

Only about 3 weeks to go! It's going to be a perfect trip, assuming the weather doesn't mess it up!