PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Sunshine Girl - I need more help

TIAMOMMA
06-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi Tricia,

I'm really sorry to post another thread on this (I can't understand why I could post on the other thread 3 times that I started and then can't reply).
I'm not sure what to do - I've run my Adaware, I've cleared my cookies (or at least thought I did), I've cleared my footprints, I've logged out and I still can't reply to other posts and can only start new ones!

What am I doing wrong?!?!? Geez, I'm having a winner of a day!!

Thanks,
TIAMOMMA

SunshineGirl
06-01-2007, 03:21 PM
I've never seen anything happen like this before--on any Vbulletin forum. Do you use DIS? Are you able to stay logged in there?

Only two things could impact your login--cookies and your IP address. Are you trying to log in through AOL or some other kind of proxy where your IP address might be changing? Are you deleting your cookies TOO much?

TIAMOMMA
06-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Never mind Tricia - it finally let me reply to the other post I was trying to before. I don't understand what's going on, I usually don't have such problems using a computer and I tried to reply to the other again before sending the last post in this string!!!

Now, that I've made myself look like a complete moron in this forum I will slink away quietly to the corner!!

TIAMOMMA

P.S. I just received your response via Email - I do use AOL but I've never had the problem before. I only clear my cookies once every couple of weeks (or more) since I know you've said it can be a problem if you clear TOO often.

SunshineGirl
06-01-2007, 03:46 PM
AOL can be a problem sometimes because they switch IP addresses frequently. If you are using the AOL browser, it can also make you not get credit for things properly. I wish they would fix that because it just makes a mess of things for us poor affiliate marketers.

jnorth1007
06-01-2007, 03:50 PM
I used to use AOL for everything and then I had to switch because I wasn't getting paid for hardly anything. I started using my IE which I hardly ever used before that. Now I use IE for most everything.

TIAMOMMA
06-01-2007, 03:50 PM
This may be a stupid question, but can you use AOL without using the AOL browser? Thanks for your patience!!!

TIAMOMMA

TIAMOMMA
06-01-2007, 03:56 PM
LOL Janet - our messages crossed. I have IE on my computer, why in the heck am I paying for AOL??? I'll start using IE instead.

Thanks Tricia and Janet for all of your help today.

TIAMOMMA

jnorth1007
06-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I don't pay for my AOL. I switched to the free account because I have had my email account forever. I have Bellsouth as my provider. Now I use all three. I surf on AOL because I know where everything is. I use IE for my Sunshine stuff. I never use the email on Bellsouth or anything I just use the DSL.

m 'n c
06-01-2007, 06:35 PM
you know I had that same issue on another message board. I found that I couldn't click on the quote to post a reply but if I did the quick reply I could. Maybe it was just something screwy like that because after a day or two my issue fixed itself as well.