PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get the 40% off code?

Magical JenK
01-09-2008, 10:59 AM
I know Cindy did, but did anyone else? People on the dis are saying they got it, but I haven't & that just makes me sad! The December dates would be perfect for my trip!

Guess I just want to see if anyone else wants to join in my pity party!! :wizard:

linanglab
01-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I only get pin codes for the dates that I cannot go.....Sorry you did not get one. You may want to call CRO and see if there is a pin attached to your name. You never know! Hope you get a discount somewhere. But even if you don't.....you will be there for Christmas decorations!!!!! YEAH!!!!

Magical JenK
01-09-2008, 11:34 AM
I actually did call on Monday & I DID have a code attached & I had him price out WL (my dream resort) & I thought it WAS the 40% code...but then I had AAA price it out too & AAA was cheaper...so clearly it wasn't the 40% code. Guess I can't do math on Mondays.

m 'n c
01-09-2008, 11:41 AM
I didn't get a code either :(

bartleby1
01-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Well, I haven't EVER received a code! Does that make you feel any better, lol!
I guess they figure we come every year with or without a code so they just don't bother!:rotfl:

linanglab
01-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Well, I haven't EVER received a code! Does that make you feel any better, lol!
I guess they figure we come every year with or without a code so they just don't bother!:rotfl:

That DOES stink. The last 2 years, I have gotten a code about 1 month after ordering the Disney vacation video. But they are for off season. We always have to go in summer - and the week of July 4th - so NO pin for me during my times.....

Candi
01-09-2008, 01:59 PM
How do you get a pin? I have ordered the vacation video.

bartleby1
01-09-2008, 02:02 PM
That DOES stink. The last 2 years, I have gotten a code about 1 month after ordering the Disney vacation video. But they are for off season. We always have to go in summer - and the week of July 4th - so NO pin for me during my times.....

At least I don't get my hopes up, lol! We did manage to use the 30% off public code last August which was great. Otherwise, we just use the 20% off AAA discount, so it's not too bad. I just wish I knew how disney decides who to send codes to. I'm on every mailing list known to man but I still don't seem to be on the right one!

Oh well, maybe someday....

ItsmeSunnyV
01-09-2008, 02:21 PM
I got an email from them stating certain dates would be 40% off. The only thing I can think of is, when I was planning to go last year, and never went. So now they want us to plan again. :) I wonder if I could forward it you Jen and it would work???:confused:

Veronica

linanglab
01-09-2008, 02:23 PM
How do you get a pin? I have ordered the vacation video.

No one really knows. It is some sort of random thing. Sometimes you can call Disney directly and see if you have a pin # attached to your name. Several people have posted that they had a discount attached to their name, and they did not even know it. So if you are planning on going to Disney, it would be worth the call. Good luck!

bbangel
01-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Careful what you wish for. I got one after my first trip to WDW. The prices were so good I scheduled a trip even though the first one was supposed to be the last. Then I had such a good time I knew I would be back a lot so I ended up buying DVC. So the pin code cost me over $10,000!

The people at Disney are evil geniuses when it comes to marketing!

Magical JenK
01-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Careful what you wish for. I got one after my first trip to WDW. The prices were so good I scheduled a trip even though the first one was supposed to be the last. Then I had such a good time I knew I would be back a lot so I ended up buying DVC. So the pin code cost me over $10,000!

Oh I'd LOVE to wish this on me!! Come on Disney...I want my PIN!! :mickey:

bartleby1
01-09-2008, 03:30 PM

LOL, isn't that the truth!:rotfl:

Similar story on a MUCH lesser scale - During our trip in August, I took my two daughters to the bathroom and my dh took my son with him. While we were in the bathroom, the attendant handed my youngest a card with two tinkerbell pins on it (one for her to keep and one to give away). So, she kept one and gave one to my older daughter. However, of course, that leaves DS without a pin. Since I can't bare to see a disappointed child in disney, I went and bought DS a $10 pin. He was thrilled, until it fell off and he lost it. :( So, back I go to buy him another $10 pin. Later that day, while waiting for illuminations to start, he realizes that the back fell off his pin and it is nowhere to be found. So, now I go in search of pin backs which only come in a multipack which ran me around $6 if I remember correctly. So, the nice disney lady in the bathroom cost me another $26! :rotfl:

They sure are geniuses at marketing!:rotfl:

bs4free
01-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Nope no pin codes for me i never get them! But thats ok! Maybe i will get a pin code when i really need one!

Kycha
01-09-2008, 07:24 PM
I am going to look right now. :sunshine2: Is this 40% off good on the packages too?

Magical JenK
01-09-2008, 08:50 PM
The room portion of a package, yes. Let us know if you get it!!

wilsonfamily4
01-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I got one last time but couldn't use it. I wish I had one now. i would try my darndest to make it work. I am having withdrawls. But alas, none for me this time

Kycha
01-09-2008, 09:13 PM
The room portion of a package, yes. Let us know if you get it!!
Nothing in my e-mails...bummer. But, I will call soon to see if the code is attached to my name. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks!

Mom2aPrincess
01-09-2008, 10:08 PM
I got this one, but there's no time that doesn't conflict with school except for the August date and I'm not sure I could swing it again that quick financially unless I did some MAJOR SR'ing. :)

I'm going to see though....Is there a spot online to put in the code to check the price or would I have to call Disney? Anyone know?

Magical JenK
01-09-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm pretty sure you'd have to call.

Mom2aPrincess
01-09-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm pretty sure you'd have to call.

Yep...I couldn't find a place for the pin online so I bit the bullet and emailed my travel agent!! I can't resist knowing how much it would cost.

I even called my mom to see what she thought about taking my sister too...They've never been!

Now I'm trying to remain calm and not get my hopes up!!

Soccer Princess
01-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Okay I called and tried under my name and my DH's name and neither one of us had one. I then called and used my mom's info and she had one! So now my mom and I are going on a girls trip for my birthday!

There was very little availability for the week we wanted with the discounts. No mods, AKL or WL and the only value available was Pop. So we are at Pop for $59.40 a night!!! Wouldn't be my first choice, but it's cheap!

I just wanted to add the my mom does have the Disney Visa and was just in WDW this past September to add to the random distribution confusion.

Kycha
01-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Okay I called and tried under my name and my DH's name and neither one of us had one. I then called and used my mom's info and she had one! So now my mom and I are going on a girls trip for my birthday!

See, that is what I am afraid of. DH and I took his Mom to WDW in 2004(we got her her own room) and since then, her name comes up when I give them our phone number. I have tried a couple times to get them to change it, but it never sticks. If I had known then what a hassle it would be, I would have put DH's name on the second room(MIL's).

Magical JenK
01-10-2008, 06:15 PM
I've never thought about asking if DH is in there??? Not sure if he would be or not...I wonder if I should call & ask that next time? I mean, they ask for your home phone number & then confirm name & address...DH's name is on his ticket, but we usually book through AAA...I may have set him up to receive Disney emails...I don't remember anymore...Hmmm...guess I'll call tomorrow & see???

Mom2aPrincess
01-10-2008, 08:36 PM
I contacted my TA last night and I have a quote for 2 room for Pop from August 10 - 15...(my dd7 will turn 8 on Aug 10)...I'm VERY tempted!! I'll decide over the weekend I guess.

I also talked to my mom and she's considering taking my sister (they've never been - that's why I asked for 2 rooms)...I'm beginning to get excited...which means I think I know what I'll decide over the weekend!!! :rotfl:

pbhall13
01-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Jen.......do you remember what the code dates were for?? Just this morning I was in a disney fog and was dreaming of going there for my 40th birthday this summer (and splurging on the Poly) and if there was a code how nice would that be!!!! Again it is hypothetical that I would go, but what better place to turn 40!!

Pamela

arob414
01-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Okay, I am the code/pin dummy. I have been to WDW nearly 20 times, over the years, but only stayed in the park once. We have ressies for the end of May. If I call CRO (which I had to finally google to figure out what it was) and I ask about a pin and there should happen to be one and timing was right...could it be applied to existing ressies?

And, did you follow that? Cat was going nuts and I was kind of distracted.:p

Mom2aPrincess
01-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Okay, I am the code/pin dummy. I have been to WDW nearly 20 times, over the years, but only stayed in the park once. We have ressies for the end of May. If I call CRO (which I had to finally google to figure out what it was) and I ask about a pin and there should happen to be one and timing was right...could it be applied to existing ressies?

And, did you follow that? Cat was going nuts and I was kind of distracted.:p

Yes, they can be applied to existing reservations. :mickey:

Mom2aPrincess
01-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Jen.......do you remember what the code dates were for?? Just this morning I was in a disney fog and was dreaming of going there for my 40th birthday this summer (and splurging on the Poly) and if there was a code how nice would that be!!!! Again it is hypothetical that I would go, but what better place to turn 40!!

Pamela

I'm not Jen, but the dates on my email are
1/6–1/17 and
1/20–1/31/08
2/24–3/5/08
3/30–4/8/08
8/10–9/27/08
10/19–11/1/08
11/9–11/15/08
12/7–12/17/08

arob414
01-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Yes, they can be applied to existing reservations. :mickey:

Cooollll!!! Now everyone cross our fingers. I have the Visa, signed up for everything. And, I just really deserve it. :rotfl:

Mom2aPrincess
01-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Cooollll!!! Now everyone cross our fingers. I have the Visa, signed up for everything. And, I just really deserve it. :rotfl:

I've got my crossed for you...I'm so hoping I can convince myself that a trip in August is not too soon!!! My dd7 would REALLY love to be at Disney on her birthday!!

chipndale
01-10-2008, 11:55 PM
No pin code for me either - I think I will call tomorrow and see if there is anything by my name. Thanks for the tip about asking about dh and any other relatives. We have been to Disney every year for the past 5 years and I usually use the annual pass discount or the general code discount. I have no clue why I have never got a pin code and I have the Disney visa and use it all the time.

Mom2aPrincess
01-11-2008, 12:02 AM
No pin code for me either - I think I will call tomorrow and see if there is anything by my name. Thanks for the tip about asking about dh and any other relatives. We have been to Disney every year for the past 5 years and I usually use the annual pass discount or the general code discount. I have no clue why I have never got a pin code and I have the Disney visa and use it all the time.

I really don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it....I think it's almost fairly random...

monorailsilver
01-11-2008, 03:43 PM
No email or post card for me either but the mail did just come so I could go & get soaked & get it & wish.

My dates were flexible until January 2nd when I found cheap airfare so I booked it & I am glad I did because my return flight is up $10 (x5) & if I went my original dates my outbound flight is $119 & return is $99 & I got both ways for $84 & I don't have to pay for parking or a hotel the night before since my parents are 1/2 hr from White Plains & they will take us.

I am trying to justify getting a code for a date I can't use with my above paragraph. But since I have not had a post card for over 10 years I don't expect one.

Kerri

howdyfrtx
01-12-2008, 09:16 AM
I actually called yesterday to see if I had a code attached to my name but the CM said 'Nope'. :( A few weeks ago I did request the DVD planning video so maybe I'll wait until I get that and call again.

arob414
01-12-2008, 11:35 AM
I dreamed I got one last night. :) I am going to call CRO, just haven't had time.

howdyfrtx
01-13-2008, 02:51 PM
I called a few days ago and didn't have one but I called this moring and the CM said I DID have a code attached to my name. He said it was for certain dates. I knew what the dates were because I've been reading about them on the DIS board. Anyway, it was only about an 18% discount. For a moderate it was 119 compared to the 145. Well, I'm looking for something a little better then that or hopefully the free dining.

I have been talking up a storm with my family about going this year. We even empty the kids piggy banks for there spending $$.

I'll still keep my fingers crossed.

Hedy
01-14-2008, 06:04 PM
I called the cro today to check,,,no code for me, but my current rate is bounceback, so I'll live.

Mom2aPrincess
01-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Well I've bitten the bullet and put my $200 down for August 10 - 15!!! I just couldn't resist! :rotfl:

Kycha
01-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Called WDWTC today and there was no code for DH or me. So, I will be e-mailing Pat's(Spring) AAA agent in a few minutes to at least get that discount.

Anne
01-17-2008, 01:13 AM
I am so glad I saw this post. Thank you!!! I got something from Disney in the mail but didn't look at it too close. I went back and I HAVE A CODE FOR 40%. :cooldance: :cooldance:

It's got my dad's name on it which is kind of strange because he had nothing to do with booking the trip last year, but my address. I am hoping I can use it by using his name and billing it to me on my credit card. Otherwise I will have to see how else to use it.

This is so cool because I wanted to go back for our 10 year anniversary but didn't think we had the money. With this and a little help from the home equity we are taking out for the basement, I think we can swing it.

Magical JenK
01-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Anne-
Looking through the posts on the disboards & I think the code needs to be in your name, regardless of address. If it was in your dad's name, he'd have to be there to checkin. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm reading over there. For sure call & maybe there's a code for your name in their system & you just didn't get a postcard!!

Good luck!!

Anne
01-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Probably be OK 'cause they will more than likely go too.

Magical JenK
01-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Probably be OK 'cause they will more than likely go too.

How awesome is that!! Congrats!! :cooldance:

tghamilton
01-17-2008, 09:09 PM
I went last April......how do I get one of these 40% offs???? I rented points from a DVC member - maybe that is why??? But they did have my name in the system. We are talking about going again this year, so a 40% off would be AWESOME!

Magical JenK
01-17-2008, 11:25 PM
No one knows how you get a code...it's a magical thing I guess! Give Disney travel a call & see if you have a code attached to your name!! Good luck!!

arob414
01-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Okay, I have a question concerning AAA codes. We already have reservations thru WDW and I am currently paying on it, payoff due Apr 7th. If I join AAA, can I get the AAA discount on this stay and how would I accomplish that?

I haven't gotten around to calling CRO to see if I have a code, we have been mega busy at work and I am not that optimistic considering we are going late May. TIA

Magical JenK
01-18-2008, 11:46 AM
I'd believe you'd have to cancel your current ressie, join AAA, make & make a new ressie w/the AAA rate. Depending on the new rate it may be worth it?? Not sure how Disney would get you your money back (back on CC??) or how fast you'd get it back, you know??

You may just want to call AAA & see what they say. Also call CRO...since you'd already be calling AAA, might as well make good use of your time!! :0)

Good luck!

bartleby1
01-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Okay, I have a question concerning AAA codes. We already have reservations thru WDW and I am currently paying on it, payoff due Apr 7th. If I join AAA, can I get the AAA discount on this stay and how would I accomplish that?

I haven't gotten around to calling CRO to see if I have a code, we have been mega busy at work and I am not that optimistic considering we are going late May. TIA

You didn't say whether you currently have a package booked or room only booked. If it is room only, you can use an AAA discount right through disney. If it is a package, I'm not sure, but you may have to go through AAA. We only do room only so I don't really know about packages.

arob414
01-18-2008, 02:14 PM
I called CRO, I do have a code :) , but it ends Mar 15th and we don't go until May 22nd. :( If I cancel, refund will go to my cc and my gift cards that I was so excited about using that I destroyed them when I was done. Oh well, I will sit and watch for a May code. Still going to WDW with "free" earnings thanks to SR. :sunshine:

monorailsilver
01-22-2008, 02:20 PM
I have AAA with a room only ressie.

I made the ressie myself & then called back & applied my AAA to it. I had to give them (Disney CRO) my AAA number.

Anna
01-26-2008, 04:09 AM
I know Cindy did, but did anyone else? People on the dis are saying they got it, but I haven't & that just makes me sad! The December dates would be perfect for my trip!

Guess I just want to see if anyone else wants to join in my pity party!! :wizard:

My mom did but it is only good for her. :( Maybe I can talk her into a WDW trip! I never get those!

Anna
01-26-2008, 04:12 AM
I only get pin codes for the dates that I cannot go.....Sorry you did not get one. You may want to call CRO and see if there is a pin attached to your name. You never know! Hope you get a discount somewhere. But even if you don't.....you will be there for Christmas decorations!!!!! YEAH!!!!

Did not have any idea you could do this! Wow! I am definitely going to check this out. Had on idea you could check to see if you have a pin attached to your name.

I am beginning to believe that Disney knows we will come regardless and figure why bother!:confused:

luvdisney00
02-22-2008, 04:17 PM
This thread is killing me!!! I want to go so bad, I am dying to plan another trip, but I'm afraid to even bring it up to DH. I ve been poking around the Dis boards for 3 weeks watching codes and trying different dates to get prices. I'm afraid to call CRO to even check for a code because if I had one I'd book it.

My kids would go in 1 minute, but DH is not the biggest fan and we were just there in July.....I know you guys understand, I don't care what's reasonable, I just want to GO!

JOLAROCHE
02-22-2008, 06:03 PM
I go a 40% off code and booked for August I just could not resist it.

I did order a DVD about 5 months ago. I also signed up my new email address to disney about 5 months ago. Not sure what did it but I am happy it did:cooldance:

askomsky
02-22-2008, 07:07 PM
I go a 40% off code and booked for August I just could not resist it.

I did order a DVD about 5 months ago. I also signed up my new email address to disney about 5 months ago. Not sure what did it but I am happy it did:cooldance:

Is it via email? I think I could convince DH to go sooner if I had something like that. Is it off the main site? I've logged in with my email addy but haven't ordered the DVD though.

3dog2kidmom
02-22-2008, 08:11 PM
I didn't get the 40% off code but I have airline credits that need to be used or lost... so I emailed my friend the TA to give us a quote and they are offering free Park Hopper upgrade and I THINK we might be able to afford to go on a mom & dad ONLY trip in early May for the Epcot Flower & Garden festival which DH would LOVE if we stay at value. DH is egging me on and wants to go as badly as I do... the only detail I need to work out is who will watch the kids & dogs.

This would be my & his belated birthday & Christmas and mothers/fathers day to ourselves...

OMG!!! Do we DARE go on a mom & dad only trip to WDW??? It will be a secret from anyone we know, though, because they will think we have completely lost our minds.

askomsky
02-23-2008, 12:10 AM
I didn't get the 40% off code but I have airline credits that need to be used or lost... so I emailed my friend the TA to give us a quote and they are offering free Park Hopper upgrade and I THINK we might be able to afford to go on a mom & dad ONLY trip in early May for the Epcot Flower & Garden festival which DH would LOVE if we stay at value. DH is egging me on and wants to go as badly as I do... the only detail I need to work out is who will watch the kids & dogs.

This would be my & his belated birthday & Christmas and mothers/fathers day to ourselves...

OMG!!! Do we DARE go on a mom & dad only trip to WDW??? It will be a secret from anyone we know, though, because they will think we have completely lost our minds.

LOL Why bc you want a trip with just you two? I could totally see Jim and I going to tour Epcot more and do other things. Although I don't think the kids would ever forgive us! :)

Go For it!!!!!!