PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used RCI to book their resort?

Dragonlady
02-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Is anyone a member of an RCI timeshare and, if so, have you used your RCI plan to book a Disney resort? My sister and BIL want to sell their timeshare and we're seriously considering buying it from them. I didn't realize RCI now has Disney resorts available for timeshare bookings so that's a big plus for us. But, I'm guessing you have to reserve waaaaaay in advance to get one of these resorts. Anyone have experience with availability? The Disney availability will be a huge deciding factor for us.

pbhall13
02-21-2011, 09:25 PM
would love to hear more about this as well, have a friend interested in using her parents timeshare at WDW.....

JOLAROCHE
02-22-2011, 06:41 PM
We are going to Disney in July. I own RCI timeshare. I gave a about a 6 week window of time and waited. I did get one but it was the one place I did not want to stay. Then I hit the jackpot. I got a 2 bedroom vilila at the AKL. I have been told it is in the Kidani village. So then I said what the heck and put in for a 2nd week the week following our 1st week. I new I could alway get a place in Kissimmee so I was not worried. Well I got a one Bedroom at the Beach Club. We are more than pleased. Plus we will be there for my sons 18th birthday. We feel very blessed and lucky.

Dragonlady
02-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the info JOLAROCHE. So for your trip in July, how far in advance did you start looking for a resort? I called RCI this week just to see what was available (hypothetically). They only had a few openings, one in November and one in December.

Also, I'm wondering how to add Magic Your Way packages w/dining plan. Does that have to be booked directly through Disney *after* you've reserved a resort through RCI?

Thanks for any replies!

29apr00
02-25-2011, 09:02 AM
JOLAROCHE had a better expereince than us. We are trying to get DL for August 2012 and have been asking for about 3 months now.....GCV are not coming up at all. We can get pretty much anything else near DL, but not the Villas. From what I can understand, someone has to give up their RCI week for the week you want, at a Disney Resort. Well.....since I don't really think anyone specifically buys an RCI timeshare with a week at Disney, i've heard it is very hard and rare to get one. My parents have RCI and we have never been able to get a week at Disney.

JOLAROCHE
02-25-2011, 06:40 PM
I put in a request in July and my 1st one was confirmed in August. I was offered another one but the date did not work for us. The 2nd one I got became available in December. I would start a search about 1 year in advance and see what happens. I have a friend that exchanged this past summer and got into the boardwalk villas. The best thing to do is put in a search cross your fingers and sit tight. Good luck. I put in for all the resorts that had time sharing on disney property. After you get confirmed you call a special /dvc phone number and get your reservation number this is where you also pay for your dining and then you can book your dining at 180 days out. If I am correct Disney has only be doing business with RCI for about 2 years.