PDA

View Full Version : Paypal cashout ?

Kycha
01-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Can someone explain how the paypal cashout works? I understand how it works on SR's end. What I don't understand is once SR sends money to my paypal account, how do I get the money out? Right now, I only have a credit card linked to my paypal account. Can I link a debit card and request payment to that? Or do I need to add my banking(checking acct, routing #...) information? I really don't trust giving my banking information to paypal.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Riyaa
01-12-2008, 02:02 AM
Here's a link to PayPal's FAQ on withdrawing funds: https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=HLXGMh3Jn9CvrFJVLw9vLTVGdLqnl4 4wG921ZvvJGW4LVSxcNYQg!-1688160337?locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=US&cmd=_help-ext&serverInstance=9003&t=solutionTab&ft=homeTab&ps=solutionPanels&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=US&cmd=_help-ext&serverInstance=9003&solutionId=10809

Basically, you can withdraw funds to a bank account that PayPal has verified, to a credit card attached to the account, or request a check.

Pooh's Pal
01-12-2008, 02:44 AM
I have my PP account linked to a separate bank account I only use for Ebay and Pay Pal...etc.

I move money in and out of it all the time...takes a couple of days, but easy.
Just add your account info to the pay pal account, (I think they will withdraw I think $1.00 or some odd amount to verify and then you'll be all set).

wilsonfamily4
01-12-2008, 02:47 AM
you can also pay I think 3.00 to get a check cut and sent to you

Kycha
01-12-2008, 03:37 AM
Thanks everyone for your helpful replies. I really appreciate it.
I have my PP account linked to a separate bank account I only use for Ebay and Pay Pal...etc.

Just add your account info to the pay pal account, (I think they will withdraw I think $1.00 or some odd amount to verify and then you'll be all set).

That is a good idea. I have a savings account I haven't used in a while. This would work perfectly. Thanks!

mmm611
01-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Kycha, I have to correct this part.

They will DEPOSIT two very small amounts to your account and require you to tell them how much they are before your bank account becomes verified. I can access my bank accounts online, so I just check there for the deposit info and input that info.

IckyMickey
01-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks for asking this Kycha. I have wondered about this for a long time, but always thought I was the only one who didn't know .

askomsky
01-29-2008, 11:25 PM
I've had it link to my own personal acct (Not our main one) for years and have never had a problem. I actually have a debit card that I signed up for through paypal so when I was doing a lot of ebay it was easier to use that to pay for shipping when I was mailing out the packages bc that's where the money went anyway.

I do have a question though, when you cash out through SR, a friend told me a fee was deducted. So example she cashout for $100 but only received $95. My only guess is that it was "paid" to her with a CC, but I wasn't sure, unless she had offers that weren't paypal payouts.

Anyone know the answer? I was thinking at one point of cashing out through paypal but didn't want to in case it was a big fee? Or a percentage of what your cashing out?

Thanks
April

m 'n c
01-29-2008, 11:32 PM
I've had it link to my own personal acct (Not our main one) for years and have never had a problem. I actually have a debit card that I signed up for through paypal so when I was doing a lot of ebay it was easier to use that to pay for shipping when I was mailing out the packages bc that's where the money went anyway.

I do have a question though, when you cash out through SR, a friend told me a fee was deducted. So example she cashout for $100 but only received $95. My only guess is that it was "paid" to her with a CC, but I wasn't sure, unless she had offers that weren't paypal payouts.

Anyone know the answer? I was thinking at one point of cashing out through paypal but didn't want to in case it was a big fee? Or a percentage of what your cashing out?

Thanks
April

When I have cashed out there has not been a fee to receive my payment. I have a free/standard account. Does your friend have an account that is more than that (aka premier from selling on ebay)?

jnorth1007
01-30-2008, 08:29 AM
I also have cashed out to paypal once and there wasn't a fee. I have a standard account too. If you have an account that is set up for business and accepts credit cards I believe a fee is taken out. You may want to check it and set up an account that is just the basic account in order to accept paypal from SR if yours is the kind that charges to accept payments.

askomsky
01-30-2008, 08:33 AM
I also have cashed out to paypal once and there wasn't a fee. I have a standard account too. If you have an account that is set up for business and accepts credit cards I believe a fee is taken out. You may want to check it and set up an account that is just the basic account in order to accept paypal from SR if yours is the kind that charges to accept payments.

I'll check with her, but this is what I don't understand, my account has always been set up to take credit cards, but the ONLY time a fee is imposed is when I PAY or RECEIVE payment with a CC, not for regular transactions.
Again I'm not sure what her's is, and what have to re-read PP terms to see, but I just wanted to know if it's standard practice, from SR etc.

THanks!

sunshinecindy
01-30-2008, 09:15 AM
I'll check with her, but this is what I don't understand, my account has always been set up to take credit cards, but the ONLY time a fee is imposed is when I PAY or RECEIVE payment with a CC, not for regular transactions.
Again I'm not sure what her's is, and what have to re-read PP terms to see, but I just wanted to know if it's standard practice, from SR etc.

THanks!

My account allows credit cards, but is only charged a fee is someone pays me with a credit card.

jnorth1007
01-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Does SR pay with a credit card? I can't figure out what the difference in accounts is that makes some pay a fee and some not.

sunshinecindy
01-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Does SR pay with a credit card? I can't figure out what the difference in accounts is that makes some pay a fee and some not.

I think Tricia just pays out of her paypal account, or maybe even a debit card.

wilsonfamily4
01-30-2008, 11:09 AM
I have always gotten a small fee when I cashout with Sunshine. SoI just recently made another ebay account. The very simplest form so I won't get charged. At my other ebay account it is set up to take credit cards for ebay.

SunshineGirl
01-30-2008, 11:17 AM
I have the paypal hooked up to my checking account, not my credit card. But I also usually have enough in the paypal that it is coming directly out of there. I've only heard of a small handful of people ever having anything deducted, so I think there is definitely something about how the member's paypal account is set up.

RDGCJK
02-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi all

Just wondering if paypal is still sent on the 15th of the following month of cashout? Just wondering so I don't keep checking my account today for no reason! ;)

sunshinecindy
02-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi all

Just wondering if paypal is still sent on the 15th of the following month of cashout? Just wondering so I don't keep checking my account today for no reason! ;)

Yep. If you cashed out in January, you will be getting in as soon as its all verified which is all manual. If you cashed out this month, you'll get it in March.

SunshineGirl
02-15-2008, 04:33 PM
And some are being held if people did a lot of daily surveys and had fraudulent email addresses on Greenfield's list. And I don't mean people who used just a few multiple addresses. I mean people who used 30 different email addresses.

RDGCJK
02-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks Cindy! That's good to know.

RDGCJK
02-15-2008, 04:35 PM
30 different email addresses? wow. That's really too bad that people did that to you. :(

SunshineGirl
02-15-2008, 07:43 PM
All of the Paypal cashouts from January have now been manually checked and processed. And I am happy to report that I did not hold a single one for any suspected fraud this month. YEA!!!!

RDGCJK
02-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Yea!!!! Thanks Tricia. Glad to know that things are looking up now. Just checked my account and the transfer is there. Thank you!!!

Magical JenK
02-16-2008, 11:40 PM
I have always gotten a small fee when I cashout with Sunshine. SoI just recently made another ebay account. The very simplest form so I won't get charged. At my other ebay account it is set up to take credit cards for ebay.

Dee-
Sorry...still learning all the ins & outs on selling on ebay...so here's a stupid question...do you have to set up a separate ebay account to get another paypal account??
Thanks
Jen

wilsonfamily4
02-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Dee-
Sorry...still learning all the ins & outs on selling on ebay...so here's a stupid question...do you have to set up a separate ebay account to get another paypal account??
Thanks
Jen

Sorry Jen!
I never saw this.

Yes I had to make another paypal account. And you cannot use the same bank account. :( But this one I can get cashouts to and not get penalized. So it was worth it.