PDA

View Full Version : Sharin' my plans! Care to comment? Please do!

Alice28
01-12-2008, 01:30 PM
I want to share!
Who- me, DH, my 3 kids who are 10, 6 (7 when we're there) and 3 AND my parents, avid Disney nuts
What- WDW!
When- June 13th-26th
Where- Shades of Green & Boardwalk Villas
Why- Cuz we LOVE it
How- My parents bought a ton of DVC points and are generous enough to share! Sunshine Rewards helps pay for meals! DH slaving away at work pays for everything out.

June13th- We're trying out a new SWA flight. We always fly SWA, but we take the flight the leaves at 0-dark-thirty and we're grumpy messes for the first 2 days in Orlando. This time we leave at 10:50AM and stop in Salt Lake City for 2.5 hours for a break. I think this will be good for the kids to get to run around, get something to eat, etc. Then we fly onto Orlando. Anyone know- are there good restaurants in the SLC airport?

we're not buying park hoppers this trip unless we have the extra money in June. Right now it's looking like we won't, and that's OK. We're focusing more on down time this trip. Plan is to hit a park almost every MORNING, from rope drop til lunch time, and then cut out for afternoon and most evenings. We're focusing more on pool time, friend time, good eating.

We get to Orlando at 11:30pm and are going to rent a car. Check into Shades of Green.

june 14th- Swim, play minigolf, poke around DtD. Go to Benihana for DH's birthday dinner! He's 39 this day.

June 15th- Either Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. 5:50 ADR for Narcooossee's for Father's Day. Yum- bring on the crab cakes!

June 16th- Epcot. My parents arrive this day and we also switch over to Boardwalk Villas! :cooldance: We have a Garden Grill dinner reservation.

June 17th- Animal Kingdom. Yak n Yeti for lunch (sit down).

June 18th- Magic Kingdom. 1900 Park Faire for dinner to meet up with some friends (just Mom, Molly and I to this dinner, the boys will do somethin' else). Maybe go back into park for parade.

June 19th- Disney Studios. California Grill dinner for just DH and I.

June 20th- Akershus Princess breakfast for Mom, Molly and I and some friends we're meeting up with. Boys will go to other water park we didn't visit on Sunday. girl's night out! Mom and I are meeting up with a big group of friends meet up with us at le Cellier and a world Showcase tour afterwards. Can't wait!

June 21st- Magic Kingdom. Ohana for dinner

June 22nd- Disney Studios. Cape May Cafe for dinner

June 23rd- Probably Epcot. Beaches and Cream for dinner

June 24th- Tusker House breakfast in AK.

June 25th- Magic Kingdom. Definitely going back this evening for fireworks and Spectro if we hadn't done before.

June 26th- relax, pack up. Probably lunch at Downtown Disney or somewhere in BW or YCBC area. Flight leaves at 5:45pm.

Thanks for looking! Oh, and from what I estimate with my SR earnings, we will be eating at: Narcoossee's, Ohana, Cape May, Akershus, Tusker House, CA Grill, Garden Grill and 1900 Park Faire for FREE. I already definitely have enough for the first 4 restaurants. :cooldance: :sunshine:

spring
01-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Sounds like an awesome vacation! :sunshine:

bs4free
01-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Just a few questions points to start the disscussion off on...

What type of tickets do you have, Just regular tickets, or the Water, Park and more. I ask becuase i see your doing 2 waterparks and the Water, Park and more may be a better value, NOT 100% on that..

Have you used any tools in your planing, TGM, Passporter, Unoffical Guide, Did you look at Extra Magic Hours for the mornings and evening for the parks you will be attending.

You mentioned that you had reservations for Garden Grill do you have resercatiosn for all your other sit down meals?

I see that your doing a more relexed trip, but was wondering if you wanted to see any more of the firework, night time shows, I know that illuminations at EPCOT is Great and so is FANTISMIC at Disney Studios..

Looks like a very yummy trip, you have some of my favorites on your list.. and even better when your SR earnings will be paying for them! I think that your going to have a great trip!

Magical JenK
01-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Sounds awesome! (And your DH has the best bday ever!! Flag day!!)

bartleby1
01-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Looks like an awesome time!

Alice28
01-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Jen- what's funny about my DH and his birthday, is that he is a soldier/Marine too. So, his birthday is sorta extra special to him, as he's super patriotic.

Brian- We have leftover water park tickets from a previous trip, so I only have to buy a 1 day one for my DD (who is 3). We did subscribe to TGM, so plans are accordingly. We don't care for Fantasmic at WDW- we've seen it twice there and it's a letdown after seeing it numerous times at DL. So we don't plan on ANY evenings in Disney Studios. We will see Illuminations the night we are at le Cellier and possibly the night we're at GG. I do have ADRs for all sitdowns listed. We do plan on seeing Wishes/Spectro at least once, if not twice. We plan on avoiding at all costs Early morning hour and Extra Evening Hours. No thanks on the crowds.

:sunshine:

bs4free
01-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Well it sounds like you did your homework very well, I think your going to have a great trip!

I only asked becuase not everyone knows or does!

I have heard that DL Fantismic is much better then the WDW version so i can see skiping that! Wishes and Spectro are always fun!

Thats great with the leftover tickets!

Have a wonderful trip at disney!

Sunni
01-12-2008, 06:53 PM
sounds like an awesome trip planned....

Blessing and Miracle
01-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Sounds like you have everything planned out. There was only one major detail I didn't see in the planning, perhaps, it was just an oversight on your part. I think you definitely need to add:

Stop in Houston, Texas and pick up Lisa and family. :angel: And, you will definitely need a bus because their are a lot of us! LOL.

ligrumpygirl
01-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Great plans!!

Have you done Cailfornia Grill yet?? DH and I LOVE it every year for our anniversary...it is our favorite!!!

Also, if you go to DTD you have to have Earl of Sandwich!! They are sooooooooooo good and the best deal at the World!

Alice28
01-12-2008, 08:30 PM
LOL Lisa! I wish I could!

Brian, yes, Fantasmic at Disneyland, for some reason, has several more 'fun' elements that at WDW. I'm not sure why they were left out for WDW, but it feels like the show is only half-finished. :( Thanks for your input!

We have had ressies at CA Grill twice, and twice we have cancelled! We have gone up there for a drink when they still allowed you to do that without a dinner reservation and WOW on the view. I'm anxious to try the food!

ligrumpygirl
01-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Cancelled CG? Oh no....your trip this time will be worth it! Everything is great! Flatbreads, sushi, steak, desserts, wine...........yummy!!!!!

Ask if you have any questions!

pbhall13
01-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Sounds great to me!!!!!! Have fun..........isn't the planning half the fun!!!

Pamela

MKCP84
01-12-2008, 11:43 PM
My family will be at the BWV from 6/9 - 6/17. One thing we are going to try to check out this time are the movies shown at Ft. Wildnerness. We have done HDDR twice so are going to eat Trail's End and take in a movie. I am not sure how far in advance they post the movie schedule, but will keep checking.

You are eating at 2 of our family favorites - Ohanas and Beaches and Cream. Still haven't tried the Kitchen Sink yet at Beaches and Cream.

Magical JenK
01-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Jen- what's funny about my DH and his birthday, is that he is a soldier/Marine too. So, his birthday is sorta extra special to him, as he's super patriotic.

:sunshine:

:flag: :flag: LOVE that!! Tell him thank you for his service & I'm SUPER jealous of his bday!! And thank YOU for being a Marine's wife....I know it can hard. I think it takes a special person to be a spouse of a serviceman/woman.

Alice28
01-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Aw, thanks Jen!

I should say he is a 'former' Marine. He was in the USMC from 1987-1995 and switched to the Oregon Nat'l Guard in 1995-now. He could retire, but he likes serving his country.

We went thru one Iraq tour so far. He got his pre-lim orders for another tour in 2009. :sick: He said he'd do one more tour, and then we're gonna talk retirement.

He works for a hospital IRL. :sunshine:

Alice28
01-13-2008, 12:45 AM
You are eating at 2 of our family favorites - Ohanas and Beaches and Cream. Still haven't tried the Kitchen Sink yet at Beaches and Cream.

We're trying Beaches and Cream with 2 groups of friends. We definitely plan on trying the kitchen sink for the kids!