PDA

View Full Version : Enough to cash out....

TtownAnne
01-12-2008, 03:10 PM
and yet we don't have a Disney trip planned for this year! Seems so anti-climactic to NOT cash out for Disney. Target or Old Navy seems so pedestrian! hahaha

m 'n c
01-12-2008, 03:16 PM
cash out anyways! Save for your next trip. I agree it is so anticlimatic to cash out for anything other than disney around here.

arob414
01-12-2008, 03:27 PM
cash out anyways! Save for your next trip. I agree it is so anticlimatic to cash out for anything other than disney around here.

I agree and just look at it as a headstart on your next trip. I wish I had started with SR a long time ago, but I didn't have a trip planned so I didn't find it until I started seriously considering another trip and looking for away to save. Ohhhh the money I didn't make.:computer:

PSL1013
01-12-2008, 03:49 PM
and yet we don't have a Disney trip planned for this year! Seems so anti-climactic to NOT cash out for Disney. Target or Old Navy seems so pedestrian! hahaha

My next Disney trip is not until next october but I'm cashing out for sure......I :heart: collecting those GC, they don't expire, so no worries there! :love:

bartleby1
01-12-2008, 03:55 PM
I totally understand! I have enough for at least a $200 disney card, but we are really, really, really, trying to go somewhere else this summer. I've been doing lots of research to find a different vacation destination but I guess my heart belongs to disney, lol!:love:

I'm debating whether I should cash out for disney and save it until next year or whether I should cash out for something I can use now or toward whatever we decide to do this year. Decisions, decisions, lol!

You could always cash out and save for whenever your next trip will be. That way you would have a really nice chunk by the time you go!

Sunni
01-12-2008, 04:06 PM
I know what you mean. I decided to save and cash out for Disney. That way when we decide on our next trip I will already have a great start. I haven't told hubby so I know it will be a big surprise. Or I hope!

linanglab
01-12-2008, 04:13 PM
I will ALWAYS save for Disney. We go every other year, so we have a good amount saved up. It makes our trip more enjoyable to know that we do not have to fork out alot of OOP money. With SR $$ and my Disney Visa rewards and my gifts from family, we went with quite a bit last year. Hoping to have even more next year, to maybe pay for the entire room and also all the spending money. Maybe even pay for some or all of out tickets! Saving for SOOOO long for our trip keeps me excited about going, and not so depressed about not going for a long time.

dizneemom
01-12-2008, 04:16 PM
We didn't go to WDW last year but I cashed out for Disney gift cards everytime. Now, between SR, my Disney VISA and a couple of other rewards programs, I have enough to pay for my DD's share for senior week at Disney. Plus I have some extra $ leftover to make sure that she has some spending money as well.

I say, as long as there's even the slightest possibility of a WDW trip in my future, I'm going to cash out for Disney gift cards!

missymouse
01-12-2008, 04:46 PM
We aren't doing Disney again until 2009 but I just keep cashing out for my Disney Gift Cards when there is a special. I have almost enough now to cover alot of the meals and allow each child to have a $25 or $50 card for Souveniers. I also have some DD for snacks, so our trip will hopefully only cost Airfare. We have a DVC membership to cover the room.

arob414
01-12-2008, 05:36 PM
I get all tingly just reading about everyone else saving and planning for WDW. And, to be able to save as much OOP money is just great.:love:

Mom2aPrincess
01-12-2008, 06:35 PM
We just got back from Disney and I've decided to just let mine build too. I figure if I can just let it build and only cash out when I have enough for the $200 at special cash outs then by the time we do go again, I'll have lots of SR money!!

disney_girl
01-12-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm with Angela...I can only cash out for Disney $$$! I;m very close to a $500 cashout and can't believe it!!! We have a trip planned for October and I'm hoping that if I can save enough I can convince DH to go in either December or early next year. We have DVC so that helps!

cglaura
01-12-2008, 07:46 PM
I'd been planning for Disney but then I noticed we have Home Depot cards now. I could totally get a new refrigerator this summer with rewards alone. Argh, the choices! Mine is running ok and looks brand new if not a bit outdated, it is 20 years old, I bet I'd save a fortune on energyStar efficiency alone!

askomsky
01-12-2008, 08:13 PM
I'd been planning for Disney but then I noticed we have Home Depot cards now. I could totally get a new refrigerator this summer with rewards alone. Argh, the choices! Mine is running ok and looks brand new if not a bit outdated, it is 20 years old, I bet I'd save a fortune on energyStar efficiency alone!

I'm with you on the practical side, if I had enough saved up and our fridge went (which could very well happen) it would be nice to have it, but hten again it would be easier to convince DH of an 09 trip if I had half the money saved already!!!

The big kicker for me is in Nov we stayed offsite at a nice house for $700, so that wouldn't pay for WDW if we went that way again. DH's work has a contract with WDW so we get 17% off our passes (which saved us over $200) buying them through his work. So for me to convince him it wouldn't cost more would be to save enough to stay OP and maybe pay for the meal plan with my SR earnings! That would cut the cost of rental van, and only have to pay for airfare and tickets (which I think i would still buy through DH's work)

Anyhow see my dilmea? I shop at Target all the time, probably spend $200 a month there (estimate) so SR could help that too! :)

wilsonfamily4
01-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Okay, here is a little secret about me. . .I hate saving. I am a spender. SO this is the first time I have saved enough to do a big cashout. I will be able to get a 200 Disney gift card! So excited. We are going in one year and I have told my husband I will have enought to pay for our DDP. So I need to get saving!!!! Plus I want to have enough to give everyone 100 Disney dollars. We are taking my husbands parents this time. I have been saving for a year off and on so it is time for me to get serious!!! I hope I can stay at it and not cashout periodically for movie tickets or kfc or amazon. I like doing things like that!!! Naughty

mmm611
01-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Hey Wilsonfamily, I think that's actually a good idea. I'm at 178 right now, so I might be able to make it to 200 for the big cashout. But instead of saving it all for Disney, go and cash out for something else periodically. I kind of like that idea....especially since I don't have a trip planned right now. I'm hoping MAYBE I can go in fall/early winter 2009. I haven't decided if I'll go for the $200 Disney card yet or not, but it almost makes sense to do that and put me that much closer to going.