PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Disney Rides (Past and Present)

m 'n c
01-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Thought it might be fun to start a discussion on Favorite Disney Rides Past and Present. It can be from any Disney Park :mickey: :minnie:

I'll get it started. One of my favorite rides from my first visit to WDW back when I was 11 was the Delta Dream Flight ride. It really didn't do much but it was great that really hot day in June because there was never a line and it was just a nice way to sit in some A/C for a few minutes. But all things must come to an end and it was replaced with either Stitch or Buzz Lightyear.

One of my favorite rides now is the Rock 'n Roller Coaster. I'm not a coaster person at all but the music and the darkness make this an enjoyable coaster for me.

Hedy
01-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Thought it might be fun to start a discussion on Favorite Disney Rides Past and Present. It can be from any Disney Park :mickey: :minnie:

I'll get it started. One of my favorite rides from my first visit to WDW back when I was 11 was the Delta Dream Flight ride. It really didn't do much but it was great that really hot day in June because there was never a line and it was just a nice way to sit in some A/C for a few minutes. But all things must come to an end and it was replaced with either Stitch or Buzz Lightyear.

One of my favorite rides now is the Rock 'n Roller Coaster. I'm not a coaster person at all but the music and the darkness make this an enjoyable coaster for me.

I miss Dreamflight, too. But I like Buzz.

Mine is Splash Mountain, but it's always been my favorite.

faithhope
01-13-2008, 02:40 PM
My favorite past ride... is horizons....I also liked world of motion... but horizons was better.

It is hard to say what my current favorite ride is... if it is hot out I love splash mountain...if not I'd probably have to say test track.

Kycha
01-13-2008, 02:59 PM
My favorite rides are the ones I remember riding as a kid...Haunted Mansion, 20,000 leagues under the sea, Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White's scary adventures and my all time favorite Mr Toad's Wild ride. Unfortunately, 20,000 leagues and Mr Toads are gone now.

My favorites of the newer rides are definitely Tower of Terror and Soarin'.

spring
01-13-2008, 03:02 PM
My favorite ride is Space Mountain. Perhaps it is not as exciting as some other rides, but it is still one I look forward to going on. Big Thunder Mountain Railway is my second favorite. Both are tried and true as far as I'm concerned.:sunshine:

There is only 1 ride I don't like --- The Tower of Terror! I have nightmares of being in falling elevators!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiggerific711
01-13-2008, 03:12 PM
I love Soaring but I still miss Food Rocks. It was corny but it was a great place to relax for a little while.

m 'n c
01-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Oh I remember Mr. Toad's Wild Ride much better than Pooh and co ride that replaced it (I swear its like someone was tripping when they designed that ride).

I miss Food Rocks as well. It was kinda cool.

linanglab
01-13-2008, 03:28 PM
My favorite rides are Peter Pan, Splash and Soarin. Oh! I also like the safari ride at AK. Those are my favs!

arob414
01-13-2008, 03:44 PM
I loved the Delta one, I had forgotten about it. I like Haunted Mansion, lots of the Epcot ones (I may be a nerd). Haven't been since Soarin came but I am looking forward to it.

bs4free
01-13-2008, 04:22 PM
I really enjoyed the Timekeeper at MK now the Monsters inc laugh floor.

I would have to say the ride i enjoy most at Disney world right now is sorian i think but i enjoy most of the rides at all the parks so its very hard to pick just one!

faithhope
01-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Unfortunately, 20,000 leagues and Mr Toads are gone now.

Disneyland has 20,000 leagues :-)...

Kycha
01-13-2008, 04:52 PM

That is true. But, the probability of me getting back to Disneyland are slim to none. :(

bs4free
01-13-2008, 05:03 PM
wait i thought he disneyland 20,000 leagues is the new nemo, yes they are still the subs, but different!

Magical JenK
01-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Gosh...the only thing I remember about past trips is being in a submarine for 20,000 Leagues & hating it. So I can't say I have a favorite past right...

But current rides, ok, sorry I have to do it by park...just...can't...pick...one....

MK: Tea Cups & Big Thunder Mountain (tie)!!
Studios: RnR Coaster
EPCOT: Mission Space
AK: Expedition Everest

Only ride I ABSOLUTELY hate...Tower of Terror...lord do I hate that ride!! :sick:

cherbear
01-14-2008, 10:26 AM
I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride so much!

Also, I am sad I'll never see the Wonders of Life pavillion again...I always liked Cranium Command as a kid.

As far as the current rides go, I don't have a "favorite" but 2 that have always ranked at the top for me are Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain

catnapfan
01-14-2008, 03:04 PM
This is so hard to choose just one but I absolutely love Pirates of the Carribean! Expedition Everest is a close second.

Debbie Jean
01-15-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm not a coaster person, so that definitely effects my fav's:

Tops for me is Soarin' :love: Only problem is that it isn't nearly long enough for me!

At MK I just love the new Monsters Inc Laugh Floor :rotfl:

At MGM... er, I mean Hollywood Studios (gonna take some taime to get used to that!) ... it's definitely One man's dream... endlessly fascinating to me... what an incredible genius Walt was and how much we have to be grateful to him for. :mickey:

AK is the Kilimanjaro safaris :reindeer: ... a different rider every time!

bbangel
01-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Love Peter Pan (and like the Disneyland version better than the WDW version). This is my must do, trip will be ruined if I don't ride.

Also like the origianl Tiki Room, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Pirates and Haunted Mansion. I am not a big coaster person.

wilsonfamily4
01-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Not a ride but I love Mickys Philharmagic

My daughter will tell you she loves them all EXCPET ToT. She hates that one. So now my son, who was too small to go last time, says he loves that one and cannot wait to go. So silly

bartleby1
01-15-2008, 03:51 PM
I miss horizons probably the most. Although, the old tiki room was much better too. Actually, as silly as it was, I loved mission to mars when I was a kid, lol! I do also miss Mr. Toad although, I like the pooh ride too.

My top favorite now is definitely Soarin'. I think I could ride that one all day! I also love Splash and this may sound corny, but I LOVE Small World. One year it was closed and I really missed it!

monorailsilver
01-15-2008, 06:23 PM
My favorite is Space Mountain, especially the missed Space Mountain marathon.

I also love It's a Small World. I would be devastated if they got rid of that ride.

Mr. Toad I miss but I do love Winnie the Pooh especially when Tigger bounces.

I haven't been on Everest, Mission Space, Soarin yet since I have had kids the past 2 times I have gone (last time I was pregnant) so someday I should get on them but there is no rush in my eyes.

And I used to love 20,000 leagues & the Sky ride when I was little.

sunshinecindy
01-16-2008, 11:48 PM
I think the name is Buzz Lightyear. The past couple of years I've rode it with my grandchildren at the MNSSHP and we had a blast. I love turning it around and putting my back to everyone and then quickly turning around and shooting them. We laughed so hard. The kids were just cracking up when I jolted it around.

kerry34
01-17-2008, 09:44 AM
My favorite past ride is Horizons. I really miss that one. As for now, I have many favorites. Tops on my list is Soarin, Test Track, BTMRR, POTC, Kali River Rapids, and Haunted Mansion...to name just a few!!! Oh and I forgot Buzz and my favorite relaxing ride, the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. DH and I have a date on that ride every trip. It is our quiet time.

Alice28
01-22-2008, 08:32 PM
At WDW? Well, my first trip was in 1995, so most of the attractions are still there. Although I did like the Skyway! I miss that! Favorites rides at WDW- Soarin and TOT.

At DL- I MISS THE PEOPLE MOVER- BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness at least the Subs are back.

Faves at DL- Storybook Land Canal Boats, Indiana Jones, Soarin (OK, technically at DCA), SPACE MOUNTAIN- it really is a lot better at DL. Smoother, fun music.