PDA

View Full Version : Disney planning - Chat???

linanglab
01-14-2008, 07:50 AM
Okay, did I miss anything good last night? I totally forgot about it! I was looking forward to it, and then I was spending time with my family, and woolah! I forgot! That is what I get for having family time! LOL

I made 2 9 foot fleece tie blankets that my kids helped with. My neck hurts today. I also made 2 on Saturday. After I made those, I sat on the couch and that was it.

So....anything said that could help my DD and my trip in July????? MAN!!! I cannot believe I missed it!

Magical JenK
01-14-2008, 10:14 AM
I was in & out last night, but while I was out I missed the most talk on Disney :0(.

I giggled when I read about your neck hurting & those blankets! I've made them before & you're so right...your neck hurts so badly the next day! But they are so worth it! I just love them! Are they for gifts?

linanglab
01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
I was in & out last night, but while I was out I missed the most talk on Disney :0(.

I giggled when I read about your neck hurting & those blankets! I've made them before & you're so right...your neck hurts so badly the next day! But they are so worth it! I just love them! Are they for gifts?

They are not gifts. I made my kids each one last year for Christmas. We just LOVE those blankets. Then on Saturday DS #1 found a Cleveland Cavs one and DS #2 found a Cincy Reds one that they wanted. Then I had to get DD one. She picked out a Disney princess one. Then I found one that I wanted - a Winnie the Pooh with Eeyore and piglet one. I spent a pretty penny on these! I get mine for 3 yards rather than 2 because I like to be covered EVERYWHERE. I bet all 4 blankets cost my $200 or more. OUCH!!! But they are SOOO warm and cozy. Can't have enough of those! When I see a pattern I like, I buy it. I guess it is my splurge. Everyone has to have a splurge, right???

Magical JenK
01-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Absolutely! And especially when your family helps? How can you put a price on that? I made a Hello Kitty one for me a few years ago & I just LOVE it! I'd love a Mickey print, but I did just buy the fleece mickey throw from Disney Shopping...so I think I'm good there...for now!! :0)

PSL1013
01-14-2008, 12:12 PM
I make these tie blankets all the time for gifts...made one for my 3yo nephew for Christmas that had trains all over it, he is obsessed with trains...I looked high and low for trains, this print was so hard to come by but finally found it at JoAnns, then it was gone in a flash and I've never seen it again. These make great baby shower gifts too, everyone seems to go ga-ga over them! I do agree about the hurting neck but I get really painful fingers too. :rotfl:

bs4free
01-14-2008, 03:17 PM
The Next disney planing chat will be next sunday 9-11pm eastern! So its ok if you missed it last night we will be having the chat every sunday at the 9-11pm eastern time for the month of january! WOOT :woohoo: so stop in when you can if you planing or trip, want to listen about planing a chat or can help with planing.

I have no idea what a neck blanket is but they sound neat! and warm!

bbangel
01-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Bryan, what happened to you last night. I was in there for a good chunk of the chat and there was no sign of you!

bs4free
01-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Bryan, what happened to you last night. I was in there for a good chunk of the chat and there was no sign of you!
for some reason i just could not stay connect to the chat it was though me out or not let me in, was also haveing a hard time stay in the froums it would just lock up and not do anything! i tried a different web browser that helped a little but still happend, i have rebooted my cable modem and router today, and it seems to be working better! so i hope its fix and i will be able to chat all night on Friday for the general chat 9-11 pm easterna and then next sunday 9-11 for the disney planing chat. Thanks for thinking of me!

DisneyMa
01-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Does the Disney chat pertain only to DW or could DL people join in? I know me and SunnyV are west coasters!!:)

bs4free
01-14-2008, 05:46 PM
The Disney Planing Chat is for any Disney Trip, May it be Disney Cruise, Dinsey World, DisneyLand, Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo... So Stop in if you have the time, share your plans, and see if you might find some help along the way!

Magical JenK
01-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Does the Disney chat pertain only to DW or could DL people join in? I know me and SunnyV are west coasters!!:)

Disney is Disney if you ask me!! :mickey: :minnie:

DisneyMa
01-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks guys. I figured, but....

I will try to make it on Sun. I don't know when our next trip is, but that won't stop me from pre-planning!:love:

Alice28
01-15-2008, 12:09 AM
I missed it! DH and I ended up going out for our anniversary, so I wasn't home.

chipndale
01-15-2008, 01:19 AM
Thanks guys. I figured, but....

I will try to make it on Sun. I don't know when our next trip is, but that won't stop me from pre-planning!:love:

Planning the trip is half the fun of taking the trip. DH can't believe that I have already started thinking about our trip this December. He doesn't want to think about anything until he is at Disney. I keep telling him we need to start planning where we are going to eat and what we are going to do. He understands that I will book our ADRs 6 months ahead of time but he doesn't want to know. That just drives me crazy. Planning the trip is so much fun. Thank goodness dd6 is starting to want to know what we are going to do in Disney and she is "helping" me with the plans.

3dog2kidmom
01-16-2008, 10:13 PM
The Next disney planing chat will be next sunday 9-11pm eastern! So its ok if you missed it last night we will be having the chat every sunday at the 9-11pm eastern time for the month of january! WOOT :woohoo: so stop in when you can if you planing or trip, want to listen about planing a chat or can help with planing.

Waaa... I'll miss it. But the good news is that I'll actually BE on the way to Disney, LOL!

bs4free
01-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Waaa... I'll miss it. But the good news is that I'll actually BE on the way to Disney, LOL!
Thats Great News, btw if you need any last minute help just post a post and i am sure you will get lots of help! Have a great trip!