PDA

View Full Version : thinking about buying DVC QUESTIONS

wilsonfamily4
06-01-2007, 09:54 PM
okay so I "think" we are "thinking" about buying. We already know we will go two more times at least booking 2 bedrooms each time so it feels like a good thing for us.

Is it easy to sell points on years you cannot go and do not need to bank? We were looking at resale and some seem to come with points that need to be used but we couldn't use them. So maybe sell them?

ALSO Also we are looking at going on our vacations in January. Could that make Decmber a good month for us to try and get as our UY? Really just need some good pointers. THANK YOU

bbangel
06-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm in the process of buying right now. My understanding of the use month is that it is better to have one just before when you would normally travel. That way if you need to cancel your trip you can still bank all your points.

I think how easy the points are to sell depends on the location and time of year, but have no practical experience to back that up.

I've seen you on the DVC section of the Dis and they have been great for research.

wilsonfamily4
06-01-2007, 11:06 PM
yeah, they are great over there but I feel more comfortable here. Funny huh?

bbangel
06-01-2007, 11:15 PM
This is a pretty friendly bunch. And some on the Dis are a bit intimidating. I read more than I posted though and got most of my questions answered.

There was also a couple of articles on MousePlanet that I found helpful for working out the math. If you do an article search you should find them as they were fairly recent.

Let me know if there is anything else you are wondering about and I will try and help.

I think Tricia owns so once movie night is over she may pop in and give some advice.