PDA

View Full Version : great ways to recycle books

wilsonfamily4
01-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Okay, I posted earllier about listing my books from Zooba at ebay after I read them. I wanted to let you all know there are all kinds of things to do with used books.

I sell the really wanted ones on ebay but if I have books that don't sell well on ebay I also go to paperbackswap.com. I can post my used books that don't move well on ebay. When someone requests a book I package it up and send it, at my expense, media mail. When they get it I get a creidt to go look for a book for myself. They will then send it to me. I love this place. It is a great way to recycle books.

Also Half.com is nice because you can keep you inventory listed longer then ebay. I just found that to get those to move they have to be pretty cheap.

I love to read. I go through books FAST so this is a great place for me.

Mom2aPrincess
01-14-2008, 02:57 PM
That's a great idea to list your books in ebay, but I have this horrible habit of not being able to part with my books....I think about it, but then I just can't do it.......

jnorth1007
01-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Oh I like that swap idea. I have so many books lying around here and to be honest alot of the ones I stored got messed up and thrown away. What a waste. I am just too lazy to go through the whole ebay learning process. TRULY! I have so much stuff I could sell. I need to pay someone a percentage to come clear out my house and sell it on ebay for me. We would both make a fortune.

Magical JenK
01-14-2008, 03:06 PM
That's a great idea to list your books in ebay, but I have this horrible habit of not being able to part with my books....I think about it, but then I just can't do it.......

I'm the same way!! I wish I could...but I can't. Then I do & I kick myself!

But I should get in the habit of sharing my love of the book right?!

Dee-Thanks for the good ideas! I've never sold anything on eBay before...maybe my books would be a good place to start...then I could move on to those pesky Beanie Babies I have too!! :p

Thanks

m 'n c
01-14-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm the same way!! I wish I could...but I can't. Then I do & I kick myself!

But I should get in the habit of sharing my love of the book right?!

Dee-Thanks for the good ideas! I've never sold anything on eBay before...maybe my books would be a good place to start...then I could move on to those pesky Beanie Babies I have too!! :p

Thanks

I tend to use half.com for book/cd selling/swaping. I'll have to look into ebay though because things don't move very fast on half.com

Oh I have a ton of beanie babies myself. I don't think they are going for much on ebay though. :(

Magical JenK
01-14-2008, 03:30 PM
I tend to use half.com for book/cd selling/swaping. I'll have to look into ebay though because things don't move very fast on half.com

Oh I have a ton of beanie babies myself. I don't think they are going for much on ebay though. :(

Oh yeah, I know they're not going for much at all...I just would be happy to get anything for them & get them out of my house!! :rotfl:

m 'n c
01-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Oh yeah, I know they're not going for much at all...I just would be happy to get anything for them & get them out of my house!! :rotfl:

My mom feels the same way. When I moved out the beanies did not come with. I need to check around the local children's hospitals and see what they will take/need. I am not too ebay savvy so if they can use it they can have it!

Magical JenK
01-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Too funny! I moved out 7 years ago & just got mine last year when my parents moved!! I didn't want them in my house then & I don't now!! I'll keep a few that mean more to me, but for the most part, buh-bye!

Yes, I was thinking of a children's hospital too. My 6 yr old neice has diabetes & there is a wishing well type thing in the diabetes center/section of the children's hospital...they would probably love them!

Also, a women's/children shelter may be a good idea too.

fourfoxesinpa
01-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Or you can drop by your local library and donate them. They would be absolutely thrilled to take them and either add them to their collection or put them in their book sale inventory. And you can take the tax donation for the fair market value. :sunshine2: Everybody's a winner.