PDA

View Full Version : Most Haunted

nicholfamily5
06-01-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm scaring the bejees out of myself!! If anyone loooooves sooky stuff turn on the Travel Channel!!

SunshineGirl
06-01-2007, 11:51 PM
AAAAAAACK!!!!

wilsonfamily4
06-01-2007, 11:52 PM
I am NOT into that. Blaa

:)

nicholfamily5
06-01-2007, 11:52 PM
AAAAGHHGHHH!
I just jumped out of my skin!!! GIGGLES!

nicholfamily5
06-01-2007, 11:53 PM
I am NOT into that. Blaa

:)

lol...I LOVE it!!! I really don't believe any of it, but every single time they jump and scream on the tv, so do i!!!!!:rotfl:

wilsonfamily4
06-01-2007, 11:56 PM
i do love being scared but I have to be scared of something real. my husband hates horror movies. It is no fun going by myself. :(

rygirlsmum
06-04-2007, 07:26 PM
And my DH tells me I'm the only one that finds that show part of my viewing repetoire! YAY! Anyone watch Ghost Hunters? They are based in my hometown!

speechteachri
06-04-2007, 08:03 PM
And my DH tells me I'm the only one that finds that show part of my viewing repetoire! YAY! Anyone watch Ghost Hunters? They are based in my hometown!

Really? I didn't know that! But then again, I don't watch the show either.;)

(Hi, by the way!...Just read your PM, I'm still blown away!)

sunshinecindy
06-04-2007, 08:09 PM
I love ghost hunters, but then, I had a ghost living with me for about 4 years. He was the original builder of my house. He didn't mean any harm, was just mad that he didn't get to spend the time in the house that he wanted to since he dies shortly after he designed and built it. Everytime we made any improvements he became really upset. We finally had a long talk, I explained it was now my home, and that I was going to take good care of it and he had to move on. He did, and funny, I miss him now. He would do all kinds of things to irritate me, and I'd yell at him, and he'd stop. During scary movie night (which I have at my house every 6 months for the girls I work with) we actually had a sensor set up in the spare bedroom which was his, and it would go off every now and then. He would also keep opening the bathroom window (which was his bathroom) and we would shut it , and that game went on all night. Ask sunshinegirl about him, one time when she was visiting and sleeping in his bedroom, he kept turning on her cell phone in the middle of the night. The best trick he ever pulled though was while I was away at work, he would long onto my aol under "guest"...what a creative mind he must have had.

sunshinemckenzie
06-04-2007, 08:27 PM
HAHAHAHA...aren't they great pranksters!!! We have had one as long as we lived in this house. The previous owners were very open about her...probably why we got the house so cheap!! She likes to make alot of noise. Thumping and bumping...not every night, just occassionally. She has a terrible habit...which for a long time I thought was the older kids until they moved away. She pings on the old piano we have on the third floor. Not songs...just plunks a key here and there. She's moved things, forever turns my figurines around between dusting, just lil things like that.

Did you ever get to see "him" before you got him to leave? I did...though my DH still thinks I was seeing things.

A lil history...we live in NW Ohio in a late 1800's home. Huge massive old thing we have been restoring. While restoring, we found a hidden stairway that went down to this tiny lil room...part of the undergroung railroad. We don't know if she here as a past owner or someone who lost their life during the time the slaves were being freed but she is one ornery cuss to say the least. She is dressed in mourning clothes from the 1890's but that is as much as we know about her.

And no folks, I'm not nuts...we truly have a visitor once in a great while. It seems only when our lives are amuck, she makes herself be known by clunking around. LOL...like she is telling us to settle down or something.

bbangel
06-04-2007, 08:53 PM
The building that I work in is an older building that used to be a bank. There is a ghost in one of our back offices. You can hear paper shuffling and footsteps. First few times I heard it I assumed someone was back there, but no one was there. People have also heard doors closing that aren't there anymore. I just think it is sad that the poor ghost is still working after all these years!

sunshinecindy
06-04-2007, 08:56 PM
That is so cool. I'll bet your house is great. I would want to know more about her, and ya, the previous owner was probably freaked out.

I've had ghosts before, once when sunshinegirl was young, we rented half a house, just the upper half. They stayed in the attic. Would move stuff around all night and block the stairs to the attic, was pretty funny.

I have seen Gene, the ghost from this house. I first saw him just as a shawdow, then he showed himself to me. Actually, I thought it was my husband, I was in bed, and he was leaning over me. I turned over to see why DH came back home, but it wasn't him, it was Gene. I explained to him that he was dead and he had to move on. He didn't. He use to turn my speakers on at 7:00 every morning that I didn't have to get up for work. Sounded like white noise. I would yell at him to knock it off. At night after DH would go to bed, he would pace around the couch, with his walker, making all kinds of noise, again, I would yell and he would stop. Whenever we tore all the workbenches and stuff he had built out of the garage, he moved all the new ones which were still in boxes into the middle of the garage in the middle of the night. He was mad we tore his stuff out. He was a hoot. He hid my FIL clothes one night while they were staying in "his bedroom" I love to hear ghost stories and I believe that they are right here with us.

sunshinemckenzie
06-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Ohhh heavens I know they are. My grandmother is a great example of ghosts. She held this family together...all 100 of us. Just before she pasted away, she kept telling us she wasn't going anywhere until after Christmas. She made my cousin and I promise we would have Christmas at my cousins house and would hold it each year after, that we wouldn't let the family spend a Christmas without each other.

Well the good Lord had different plans and took her home October 1st, 2001. Just before Christmas that year, my aunts found gifts that she made all of us-beautiful pillows with her favorite birds on them and embroidered with her name on them. Anyway, we kept our promise and help Christmas at my cousin's home. I had take a couple lil cheap camera's and asked my niece to take pictures. Well, when I had the film developed we were in for a shock. The pictures taken at my home before and after the party are crystal clear. The ones at the party....wellllll...let's just say Nana was there. There is orbs over immediate family members...not the in-laws. There is one particular picture where 3 of her children are standing side by side and there is a mist/fog behind them and wraps around the two outside children...like a person standing behind them and hugging them.

She has visited all of the family members within the part 5 years. We get the phone calls with the "white noise". We smell her perfume at odd times of the day/night. Once she didn't like where I had her picture on the wall....next to my mother. They didn't get along when my parents were married and really didn't get along after they were divorced. Anyway, I hung her picture on the wall...got about 5 foot away and it fell off the wall. I put it back on the nail and walked away again and again it fell off the wall. So I put the picture back on the wall, gave it a good tug to make sure it was on the nail really good and started to walk away. The dang picture jumped off the wall...literally was about 2 foot out from the wall. I said, "Ok Nana, I can take a hint" I re-arranged the picture and put her beside my dad and brothers picture...lol...and it stayed right there. That is one thing she was very strong willed and opinionated, and what she said went.

She has done other things to family members...like hidden something of hers that they were going to get rid of or set something of hers in the main spot on the TV or mantle. That was our Nana...lol...loved the limelight!

Here is a picture of our haunted mansion...lol
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o157/maddison_chaos/pond.jpg

Kycha
06-04-2007, 09:29 PM
I love to hear these ghost stories. DH and I rented an apartment about 20 years ago where in the previous owner had been murdered. His body was not found for a few days. An unsolved murder. I think he must have been a pretty lonely guy though. He was never aggressive towards us. Just wanted to let us know he was around. Turning lights on and off while you are sitting in the room, opening and closing doors, moving things. We eventually moved into a new apartment and he followed us. I would often find myself talking to Leo. Especially when DH wasn't home. He must have liked our old apartment, because he did not move in with us when we bought our home 7 years ago. Or maybe he finally moved on.

My DH and his Mom have a ton of ghost stories from some of the homes they grew up in.

sunshinemckenzie
06-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Isn't that sad! I mean really don't you miss him. My cousin, the one who held the Christmas party after Nana passed away had a ghost for years....Pearl. She lives in a old house like mine, just not quite as old. Anyway, Pearl would be banging at the point that they would have to turn the Tv up at times. Rhonda, my cousin, talked to her all the time. When her girls grown and went to college or moved out to start their lives, Pearl kept Rhonda company. The only thing was her noise got alot louder. The her husband started driving truck over the road on long hauls and Rhonda ws having a really bad "Empty Nest" day. We are talking on the phone and I mean I could even hear the thumps and banging. Rhonda was already upset with her life and she yelled really loud(She about broke my ear drum) "PEARL...THAT'S ENOUGH, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, YOU HAVE GOT TO QUIT THIS RACKET FOREVER!!!!" And we went on with our conversation. A few weeks later, while we were talking...she sounded so down in the dumps and I asked her what was wrong. "Pearls gone." It's been almost 2 years and she hasn't heard anything out of Pearl. I don't know if Rhonda scared the bejebbers out of Pearl or what, but she hasn't hear or seen anything of her since the day she lost her cool.

And the worst part...she misses her:rotfl:
(I'm not kidding either, she has told me how much company Pearl was)

sunshinecindy
06-04-2007, 10:14 PM
I understand the missing part, cause I miss Gene. Even my guests come over and try to "conjore" him up, but no Gene. He had such a sense of humor. And do you want to hear something really weird, this is the only thread that I am having a hard time accessing. It keeps giving me the "page can't be accessed" thing. Weird huh.

Another ghost story. One of the veterinarians I work with had rented an apartment for years. She had several cats in the apt with her, and they would sit in one area and just move their heads back and forth and back and forth for no reason, all in unison, She later found out that the tenant before had hung himself in that exact place, and the cats must have been watching him swing back and forth....now thats weird.

Kycha
06-04-2007, 10:36 PM
I understand the missing part, cause I miss Gene. Even my guests come over and try to "conjore" him up, but no Gene. He had such a sense of humor. And do you want to hear something really weird, this is the only thread that I am having a hard time accessing. It keeps giving me the "page can't be accessed" thing. Weird huh.

Another ghost story. One of the veterinarians I work with had rented an apartment for years. She had several cats in the apt with her, and they would sit in one area and just move their heads back and forth and back and forth for no reason, all in unison, She later found out that the tenant before had hung himself in that exact place, and the cats must have been watching him swing back and forth....now thats weird.

Okay Cindy. Your story made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. We have cats and are always commenting on the weird things they do. Especially when they appear to be watching ghosts. Spoookkkyyy.

sunshinemckenzie
06-04-2007, 11:38 PM

that would be way to freaky! I know animals have the extra sense when it comes to ghost but to literally be moving in unison....freaky!

sumrmist
06-04-2007, 11:45 PM
OK mackenzie....Now I know for sure I will not be sleeping in your house in July :)

sunshinemckenzie
06-04-2007, 11:58 PM
ok ok ok ...it's just a old house that makes old house noises :angel:

(didn't say what kind of noises:rotfl: )

BTW...tell T and J that is you look really close...they can see the boys 4-wheeler in the above pic. Theirs for the ridin'...lol

sunshinecindy
06-05-2007, 06:41 AM
OK mackenzie....Now I know for sure I will not be sleeping in your house in July :)

Mamma always said its not the dead that you have to be scared of, just the living.