PDA

View Full Version : Who has trips booked for 2008?

monorailsilver
01-16-2008, 03:28 PM
My trip is booked for August 5-13 at the Poly.

If anyone is flying out of Westchester those days we may see you there too!

m 'n c
01-16-2008, 03:29 PM
I am tenatively scheduled for Sept 19-28th but that will depend on our other trip planned and if we can go there in May.

Weluvdisny
01-16-2008, 03:31 PM
10 more days!!! :cooldance::cooldance: :cooldance: :cooldance:

Hedy
01-16-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm going 8/22-8/24 at POP-subject to change if my brothers and sister-in-laws change their dates.

cherbear
01-16-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm going Sept. 13th - 20th at Pop! Gotta love that Bounce back, baby!

mjjmbnmm
01-16-2008, 04:36 PM
we are going just for 1 night after the cruise in OCT. for mnsshp. We are talking about going the weekend of Feb.

bbangel
01-16-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm going May 15 - 23
and then before the SR cruise in October 18 - 23 I think.

zoodoyle
01-16-2008, 05:35 PM
We're booked for 8/20-8/26 at AKV right now, but think we may change that to VWL instead :sunshine:

wdwabby
01-16-2008, 05:42 PM
We might go in December.

I've offered my dad a trip to Disney at Christmas as incentive for him to get healthy and drop some serious weight. (he's well over 350 and has serious back and joint issues, diabetes and heart problems - most of which are tied to the weight) If he loses at least 50 pounds, he gets the trip. The more weight he loses, the more things I throw in. (MVMCP, CP, airfare, etc)

So it all hinges on him.

Hedy
01-16-2008, 05:42 PM
We're booked for 8/20-8/26 at AKV right now, but think we may change that to VWL instead :sunshine:

I'll keep my eyes peeled-the fam will be at AKV unless they switch to BCV.

You waiting for the 7 month window?

arob414
01-16-2008, 05:53 PM
We will be at POFQ May 22-31st. Made ressies for Luau and Hoop Dee Doo Revue, this morning. I know they may not be the most exciting, but we have done them, in the past a long time ago, and liked them. My girls will be 10 and 13 so I don't know what else we will do. DD12 is sooo mature. :rotfl:

schachteles
01-16-2008, 06:16 PM
We booked last week our 2008 trip!! :cooldance:

We are leaving Minnesota on Saturday, November 15th...going on the 4 night Disney Cruise starting on Sunday the 16th through Thursday and then will spend three days at WDW...:cooldance:

Now I just have to keep my mouth shut and not tell my DDs that we are doing the cruise! :sunshine2:

m4travels
01-16-2008, 07:20 PM
We're heading to The World on Aug 30 to spend a couple of nights at either SSR or AKV (SSR booked right now) and then on to the 5-night cruise on the Magic. Fortunately the cruise leaves on Labor Day so I only lose 4 days of work and not 5!!!

Alice28
01-16-2008, 07:54 PM
I am booked for two trips. :blush:

June 13-26 with my entire family

Sept 20-27 with my mom and DD

m 'n c
01-16-2008, 08:34 PM
I am booked for two trips. :blush:

June 13-26 with my entire family

Sept 20-27 with my mom and DD

hey our september trips overlap. We'll have to do some planning together once all the schedules come out.

zoodoyle
01-16-2008, 08:45 PM
I'll keep my eyes peeled-the fam will be at AKV unless they switch to BCV.

You waiting for the 7 month window?

Yup - we keep going back and forth about switching....but if there's availability, I think we'll switch to VWL! :sunshine:

LauraLea
01-16-2008, 08:48 PM
I have 3 trips in 2008.

May 17-23: I will be meeting up with my friends from Germany, Birgit and Tina. I'll be at AKV Concierge and I have booked both the Sunrise and Sunset Safari for us.

Aug 31 - Sept 7: DH and I will be at AKV Conc for an anniversary trip.

Dec 19 - Dec 26: my big family trip at BWVs, a Grand Villa and a 2 bedroom. There will be 13 of us all together.

anyone else be there next Christmas?

laura

ligrumpygirl
01-16-2008, 09:20 PM
We have April 19-25 and July 5-15 planned (with a cruise in the middle). MAY be looking at Christmas time depending on vacation time and airfare.

3dog2kidmom
01-16-2008, 10:06 PM

ME ME ME!!! Leaving for the Poly on SUNDAY!!!!!

And we're going on the Sunshine cruise in October and are staying 2 nights at Pop before that.

3dog2kidmom
01-16-2008, 10:09 PM
We will be at POFQ May 22-31st. Made ressies for Luau and Hoop Dee Doo Revue, this morning. I know they may not be the most exciting, but we have done them, in the past a long time ago, and liked them. My girls will be 10 and 13 so I don't know what else we will do. DD12 is sooo mature. :rotfl:

Wooo hoo!! Tell me about the luau!! We are doing that Wednesday and I am really looking forward to it. I am nervous though because I keep reading on that "other" site how bad it is :confused:

kerry34
01-17-2008, 09:09 AM
We are going August 17-24th. We are renting a pool home, although I love staying onsite too.

Mom2aPrincess
01-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Wooo hoo!! Tell me about the luau!! We are doing that Wednesday and I am really looking forward to it. I am nervous though because I keep reading on that "other" site how bad it is :confused:

We did the luau our first trip and I really enjoyed it. My dd was 5 and she even seemed to really like it even though I had ready that it wasn't real enjoyable for younger kids.

Oh, and we're going August 10 - 15 and staying at Pop.

Alice28
01-17-2008, 07:44 PM
hey our september trips overlap. We'll have to do some planning together once all the schedules come out.

Yes! I'm already doing 'pre-lim' planning. Cause I am a dork. We know we would like to dine at: Chefs de France, Boma, the Castle for breakfast (DD will be 3.5 then- PRIME TIME for FLIPPING out over the princesses - she already does and we're eating at Norway in June), Crystal Palace and we want to work in one more sitdown. Not sure where.

What's on your wish list?

Alice28
01-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Oh, and in June we're staying the first 3 nights at Shades, the rest at BWV.

In Sept, I know we're staying Sept 21-26 at BWV. We're going to get creative with the night of the 20th and 26th. We want to stay the whole week, but not spend points for weekend nights. So, we're thinking the first night go to POFQ or Pop, and the last night go to AKL. :sunshine:

m 'n c
01-17-2008, 08:10 PM
We want to do these for sure:
Beirgarten
Castle for dinner
Rose and Crown
Garden Grill

These I think I want to try:
Crystal Palace
Sci-Fi

The rest I don't know enough about to decide if I want to redo some or try some more. I need to research these: 1900 Park Fare, Ohana, Whispering Canyon Cafe.

We are big on Epcot meals and character meals incase you didn't catch that.

Alice28
01-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Looks like yummy choices! I'm trying 1900 Park Fair for the first time in June. I've been to Ohana once before and loved it (we're going for the 2nd time in June). Been to WCC 4-5 times and loved it all except the last time. Service was stinky, but we love the atmosphere and the food is good too.

I have a feeling whatever our 5th choice ends up being, it will likely be in Epcot or Disney Studios; or Boardwalk. Somewhere in the Epcot resort area at any rate.

Meals on the schedule for June (thank GOODNESS for SR, cause otherwise I couldn't afford all of these, believe me): Benihana, Narcoossee's, Garden Grill, Yak n Yeti, 1900 Park Fair, CA Grill, Akershus breakfast, le Cellier, Ohana, Cape May Cafe, Beaches and Cream, and Tusker House breakfast. Holy Moly, that's a lot of eating. At least 4 of those meals will not be the whole fam, so my meal costs for all sit downs is estimated at $600 (with 2 of the restaurants being paid for by credit card gift cards).

I love to ramble on about Disney! :heart: :mickey:

cherbear
01-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Beirgarten
Castle for dinner
Rose and Crown
Garden Grill

Crystal Palace
Sci-Fi

The rest I don't know enough about to decide if I want to redo some or try some more. I need to research these: 1900 Park Fare, Ohana, Whispering Canyon Cafe.

We are big on Epcot meals and character meals incase you didn't catch that.

Crystal Palace makes for a fun meal! And pretty good food, too.

Sci-Fi is a good choice. The food was okay, but the Marsha's Martian...HEAVEN!

arob414
01-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Beirgarten
Castle for dinner
Rose and Crown
Garden Grill

Crystal Palace
Sci-Fi

We love the Biergarten and have done that one for several yrs. This yr, we are doing the Luau and Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Still thinking about where else to eat. One place for sure, the DDs want to go is the counter service place in Tomorrow Land. They still talk about the hamburgers we had one night watching the fireworks. (They are easily impressed.)

I have noticed that where to eat seems to be a big topic of conversation, just below resorts and codes, when anyone talks about WDW. :rotfl:

Anne
01-28-2008, 01:01 PM
:party:

I just booked (OK put a hold on) October 20-26 at the Animal Kingdon Lodge!!! I can't wait. It will be two years since we've been there. And to top it off, we will be there for our 10 year anniversary. Honeymoon all over again, 'cept with kids.

monorailsilver
01-28-2008, 01:09 PM
:party:

I just booked (OK put a hold on) October 20-26 at the Animal Kingdon Lodge!!! I can't wait. It will be two years since we've been there. And to top it off, we will be there for our 10 year anniversary. Honeymoon all over again, 'cept with kids.

Happy early 10 year Anniversary. How fun.

eaglesdare
01-28-2008, 01:46 PM
i have 15-21 of june booked at the movies. i am working my way around the resorts. this is the last time i can stay at the values. we have the dining plan, but am thinking of upgrading to the deluxe.

we have france, and canada, the castle, oh my gosh i can't remember what i made adr's for! i know there is a character meal somewhere, maybe it is chef mickeys. i am going to have to find my notebook for this reservation.

i would like to go in oct also, but not sure if i will go to disney or the cruise, and not sure about maybe a combination of the two.

JOLAROCHE
01-28-2008, 05:13 PM
I booked August 10th through the 16 at the AKL.

tinad171972
01-28-2008, 05:56 PM
We are going April 15-23, I had originally booked the DDP but then cancelled it but kept all the ADR's I made. Now I am back on the fence about the DDP. I really just don't know. I am almost finished with my taxes and we are getting a really big refund, alot more than I had anticipated so maybe I will put it back on. I can't believe it is so hard to make the decision but it is almost 1100 for all 5 of us for 8 nights.

kimntrent
01-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Well you have to look at it two ways. One your food is all paid for if you do. What else is going to come out of your pocket then? And Two, can you eat all that food?

Kim

bellanlivismom
01-28-2008, 06:27 PM
We are going May 23 - June 2. :cooldance: My brother graduates from college on may 17 so we are out of here!! We are staying at music, unless I can get a discount somewhere along the line.

Kycha
01-28-2008, 08:05 PM
We are going April 15-23, I had originally booked the DDP but then cancelled it but kept all the ADR's I made. Now I am back on the fence about the DDP. I really just don't know. I am almost finished with my taxes and we are getting a really big refund, alot more than I had anticipated so maybe I will put it back on. I can't believe it is so hard to make the decision but it is almost 1100 for all 5 of us for 8 nights.

I am straddling the DDP fence too. I have used the DDP in the past, but it was always during free dining. This would be the first time I would consider paying it OOP. So, I went on allearsnet.com and did a lot of research on the different restaurants that we were interested in. After all that research, I came to the conclusion that the DDP would still save us almost $100(and that is including tips) from paying OOP. Unless you are willing to drive to a restaurant off property, the DDP, I think, offers the best value.

tinad171972
01-29-2008, 02:49 PM
I am straddling the DDP fence too. I have used the DDP in the past, but it was always during free dining. This would be the first time I would consider paying it OOP. So, I went on allearsnet.com and did a lot of research on the different restaurants that we were interested in. After all that research, I came to the conclusion that the DDP would still save us almost $100(and that is including tips) from paying OOP. Unless you are willing to drive to a restaurant off property, the DDP, I think, offers the best value.

I know I want to do it, its whether or not the rest of the family wants to. I think I can convince the kids by telling them they can have any snack each day that they want, its just gonna take some convincing my husband.

rjk
01-29-2008, 07:22 PM
DH wants to take another trip while his DB is still working for Disney. He is 49 and just completed the college program and now has an internship. It is really interesting according to him and he is missing this very snowy Wisconsin winter.

Anyway, we just returned two weeks ago from 7 beautiful days at BWV and now I find $165 airfare nonstop from Milwaukee. Called MS and they have a studio at SSR so back to Disney we go May 2 - 7.

Can you say excess?????

Oh, well I'm sure that we will have a great time and with my 2 $100 GC we will have spending money also.

:love: :love: :love:

Pooh's Pal
01-30-2008, 12:41 AM
Heading down to the Boardwalk Villas for Christmas, with my dd, her college buddy and my good friend who just moved from MA to FLA!
We'll be there from the 19th till the 25th..yes we'll fly home on Christmas, but that's okay we'll take a late flight home. We don't do anything on Christmas anywho...so why not be at WDW!! Can't wait...now off to earn those dollars!! :sunshine2: :christmas:

12/19-12/21 Beach Club Villas
12/21-12-25 Boardwalk Villas

aknight373
01-30-2008, 09:32 AM
we went from january 9-11 and stayed at pop

now we are going back either in sept or oct not to sure which month would be better and we want to stay at the wilderness lodge

wdwabby
01-30-2008, 10:19 AM
EEEEK!

We (my parents and I) will be booking December 1-5 at POFQ as soon as my $200 in gc from the cashout arrive!

The trip will be a reward for my dad for him losing weight and getting healthy (we're booking now to make sure we have the room, but airfare will wait until he's hit his first benchmark. If for some reason things don't pan out, the $$ will be applied to my october 2009 or 2010 trip)

DISNEY AT CHRISTMAS!:cooldance:

LCS3
02-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Just got back from a Feb. 2-8th at AKL. It was our first time staying there. And it is now our DD's favorite resort. She loved to see the animals right off our balcony! We can't wait for the new DVC pool/play area to be up and running though.

Then we're going April 24-27th OKW

Next: June 24-27th at BCV We aren't planning on doing any parks this time though. Strictly a pool, shopping, movies, and Disney Quest vacation. We really enjoy the pool, lazy river, slide and entertainment at this resort. Loads to do!

We'll book a few days in October and December for Mickey's Halloween Party and Christmas Party. It's become a family tradition over the past 6 years! My favorite place during Christmas at Disney is in Hollywood Studios (MGM) for their Spectacle of Lights. It really is gorgeous!

We are thinking about staying in September for Night of Joy. However, we may go over to Universal for Rock the Universe instead. If we do that then we'll get Universal's weekend package which includes the room. Universal's room key is an automatic fast pass to most rides and shows. This is def a bonus!

I really should consider working for Disney so they can pay ME for all our trips! haha WE LOVE DISNEY!:sunshine2:

luvdisney00
02-16-2008, 01:51 PM

Have you been there before in this time frame? I was toying with the idea of trying to talk DH into going then, but I was wondering if Memorial Day wkend would be crazy or not? We've only gone in summer, but we are so sick of the hot sticky weather, so I though May would be nice. By the way my DDs would be 10 & 13 also (and I have one who just turned 5 too).

I don;t know if we'll be able to make it happen (it's a long shot!) but I hope you have a magical time! :wizard:

schachteles
02-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Have you been there before in this time frame? I was toying with the idea of trying to talk DH into going then, but I was wondering if Memorial Day wkend would be crazy or not? We've only gone in summer, but we are so sick of the hot sticky weather, so I though May would be nice. By the way my DDs would be 10 & 13 also (and I have one who just turned 5 too).

I don;t know if we'll be able to make it happen (it's a long shot!) but I hope you have a magical time! :wizard:

We were there that time frame in May of 2006...it was HOT!! I bet could have been just as hot as the summer! The crowds really weren't that bad, they did pick up over the weekend, but not bad, people don't seem to be pulling their kids out at that point since it is coming up to the end of the year.

Hope that you get to go.

lenzs4
02-16-2008, 02:08 PM
i am going on a cruise in oct..

GICHY
02-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Headed to the Big Mouse in April ! YAhhoOO!!!

arob414
02-18-2008, 11:15 PM

I have been in May before and didn't think it was bad. However, I am from the South and that was yrs ago. Weather has changed alot. We are leaving the night the girls get out of school (just made airline ressies, this wkend). I picked that time to try to avoid some of the hot weather and the crowds. The good thing is parks are open late and it gets cooler when the sun goes down. And, if you are staying in the resort, one of the parks are open to something like 2am. We plan to sleep late and visit the parks alot in the evening, do other stuff during the hottest part of the day. We are there for 10 days, without a car (on purpose) so we won't feel obligated to try and cover the rest of Orlando while we are there.

I changed our plans, tonight. Call CRO to add a day to our trip and decided to get tickets for Pirates and Princesses Party. I'm excited. We have never been and I am not familiar with it but so many people sounded excited about it that I decided we would go.

sunshinecindy
02-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Well, so far for the year is the first weekend in March, ESPN weekend at MGM. Then we have the Food and Wine Festival the last week of Sept, staying at the Swan, then the Disney Cruise. Depending on funds and doggie sitters, in November we like to go to Super Soap Weekend, but that one is still up in the air. Its always subject to change since we basically live an hr and a half away.

~Kathie
02-20-2008, 12:59 AM
We'll be there April 20-24th and hopefully sometime in Sept/Oct.

aknight373
02-20-2008, 11:06 AM
well we went for a few days in jan. and now we are hoping to go back in either sept or oct.. not sure when though

Mom2aPrincess
02-23-2008, 11:49 PM

Not flying out of Westchester, but we'll be in Disney the same time frame....Changed our dates a little and we'll be there Aug 7 - 13. :)

I'm going 8/22-8/24 at POP-subject to change if my brothers and sister-in-laws change their dates.

Hey Hedy! We seem to be traveling same time frame again. :) And we're also staying at Pop...I'm trying to get together another photopass share for August...let me know if you are interseted.

Also wanted to comment to everyone that Janet has a sticky thread here (http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=598) to post when you'll be in WDW and she updates it in the front post. It's fun to post there as you can look at a glance after she updates and see who'll be there when you are without reading all the posts!

JOLAROCHE
02-24-2008, 01:02 PM
We are flying out of Providence the 8th and checking into the AKL the 10rh of August

Magical JenK
02-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Woo hoo I get to go too!

:cooldance:

April 16th-20th CSR for girls weekend!!:sunshine:
(booked)

December 9th-19th WL...not yet booked though probably this week:p

I've never done two trips like this before! I'm most excited!!

kimntrent
02-25-2008, 03:02 PM
I actually just booked a 2 nighter down in Disneyland. I am not going to WDW this year because we are going for 3 weeks next year including a cruise. But the 2 nighter in Disneyland will be a nice little trip. My hubby has a firefighter test in LA that day so I am going by myself. =(

Kim

LuvMyBoys
02-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Well I didn't think that I would be going this year at all but now I am getting away for a quick girls weekend with my sister:cooldance: and DH is pushing me to book if free dining comes out! :love:

So we are taking off 3/1-3/4, staying one night at a value and then the next two in a studio at SSR (thanks Laura for renting us the points!! :) )

And we are doing the deluxe dining plan for the two nights at the studio! :cooldance: I've always wanted to try the deluxe and this is the perfect occasion to do it!!

We are booked for:

Turf Club Bar & Grill- Lunch
'Ohana - Dinner
Raglan Road - Lunch
Narcoose's - Dinner
1900 Park Fare - Breakfast

I can't wait!! My first signature restaurant dinner!! It's going to be such a nice break and a good time!!

pbhall13
02-27-2008, 09:20 PM
I'll be at Boardwalk March 28 - april 1. Cannot Wait!!!!!! Just have to book airfare down...........

Pamela

howdyfrtx
02-27-2008, 09:41 PM
We are booked Sept 19th - Sept 27th at POR....it seems like such a longtime compared to all you going in March and April.

Anne
03-12-2008, 05:23 PM
We are booked Sept 19th - Sept 27th at POR....it seems like such a longtime compared to all you going in March and April.

I have to wait till October. But it will come soon enough!!

m 'n c
03-12-2008, 05:41 PM

I'll be at disney then!! I can't wait. Have you got your ADRs planned out. our 180 is next week. :sunshine:

Magical JenK
03-13-2008, 11:43 AM
It's official...going in December for annual trip w/DH.

December 9th-19th CSR

Can't wait! Planning on going to MVMCP!!

howdyfrtx
03-13-2008, 01:45 PM
I'll be at disney then!! I can't wait. Have you got your ADRs planned out. our 180 is next week. :sunshine:

Are you going that same time? Where are you staying? I have a some ideas but I need to get with my sister to go over them (since her family will be joing our family). I get to book mine on Easter Sunday...how fun! Do you have yours planned out?

m 'n c
03-13-2008, 02:11 PM
I have my list and I'm ready to call. Everything will be planned around Cindy's round table haha. I'll post my list soon. Just gotta write the blog entry about it then I can link you there.

We are going Sept 19-28th. Can't wait!!!

deana
03-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Jen,
We will be at Pop Century Dec 5-14th for our surprise trip!

jewjubean
07-21-2008, 09:08 PM
September 25-30th 66 more days till im free for a week!!!!!