PDA

View Full Version : OMGoodness you guys...

Magical JenK
01-17-2008, 01:14 AM
I may be planning a 2nd trip for 2008!! The best part...it's in April!! The second best part...it will be a girls weekend! I'll know more tomorrow, but I'm just soooooo excited I just can't sleep!! Visions of Mickey, Minnie & ADRs dancing through my head!!
:mickey: :minnie: :wizard:

Staying at Pop Century...never stayed there before, but I know a few of you on here have & liked it right? How are the busses? I've stayed at POFQ, CBR & CSR...so I think POP shares a bus w/another value & I'm totally fine w/that. I'm just looking for an affordable weekend & I have FF miles for NWA, so it's just hotel & tix...well & food, but I could stand to lose a few lbs...I'll be fine! Ha!!

I'm soooooo excited! :sunshine:

ItsmeSunnyV
01-17-2008, 01:18 AM
LUCKY!!! I'll do the happy dance for you. :cooldance:

m 'n c
01-17-2008, 01:48 AM
We loved POP! They have their own buses and they are pretty good about having enough running between the parks and the resort.

sunshinecindy
01-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Never stayed there. We've stayed at the Swan, and at Wilderness Lodge ( think thats the name) with Tricia and family. That place is awesome. I think I'd like to spend a few days there sometime when she goes there again. Its quiet and I love the big entrance area with the fireplace and chairs, its really homey.

linanglab
01-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Yeah Jen!!!! An extra trip! AND it being just around the corner! I would not be able to sleep either! SOOO happy for you! YIPPEE!!!!!

IF - big IF - we go this summer, I think we will stay at Pop. So you will have to give resort review. I want to stay there PURELY for the frozen cokes! It is free to refill - so therefore a free dessert! Mmmmm.....Prefer the frozen Mountain dews, but I will take a free frozen coke ANY time!

disney_girl
01-17-2008, 08:58 AM
How exciting!! Hope it works out for you! Happy planning!

kerry34
01-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Jen thats great!!!! I love Disney in April. The flower and garden show at Epcot is going on and the weather is usually perfect. Not too hot, not too cold, and the rain is usually minimal.

How exciting to have two trips in one year. We did this in 2005, went in April and then decided we wanted to spend Christmas at the Polynesian. The kids thought they were the luckiest kids ever because they got to go twice, and because they got to be in Disney on Christmas Day.

Happy Planning:mickey: :minnie:

Hedy
01-17-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm staying at Pop this Summer after only staying at Mods, so I'll be curious to hear your review!

Magical JenK
01-17-2008, 10:49 AM
We loved POP! They have their own buses and they are pretty good about having enough running between the parks and the resort.

I thought you did! So glad to hear!! Oh I thought they shared busses w/other values! Coolio! I'm very excited! Hopefully it won't be too crazy busy w/kids on spring break, but since it's almost a full month after Easter I'm hoping we'll be ok.

DH & I went at the end of April for our first trip & it was very much like September as far as crowds went.

Tried calling CRO this morning, but their system is down. I have meetings most of the rest of the day, so I sent my TA an email...I'm hoping my number crunching is correct w/the prices!! Ooooh I'm soooooo excited!!

icartjetta
01-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Jen, maybe we can have that birthday drink a little early!:)

Magical JenK
01-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Jen, maybe we can have that birthday drink a little early!:)

Ooooh I like the way that sounds!! I'll be sure to keep you posted!! We're not going to have a car though, so I guess the drink will HAVE to be at a park!! DANG!!:mickey:

LuvMyBoys
01-17-2008, 11:00 AM
My mom, 2 sisters, and I went last year for a girls weekend in May. It was great!! Very nice to just relax with the girls and sit by the pool. We did the ddp too so we had lots of nice dinners out.:love:

I hope it all works out for you!! :)

m 'n c
01-17-2008, 11:39 AM
I thought you did! So glad to hear!! Oh I thought they shared busses w/other values! Coolio! I'm very excited! Hopefully it won't be too crazy busy w/kids on spring break, but since it's almost a full month after Easter I'm hoping we'll be ok.

DH & I went at the end of April for our first trip & it was very much like September as far as crowds went.

Tried calling CRO this morning, but their system is down. I have meetings most of the rest of the day, so I sent my TA an email...I'm hoping my number crunching is correct w/the prices!! Ooooh I'm soooooo excited!!

I'll post some pictures of the resort in a bit. Gotta pretend to do some work first ;)

linanglab
01-17-2008, 12:14 PM
I'll post some pictures of the resort in a bit. Gotta pretend to do some work first ;)

At least you are pretending to get work done. I have done NOTHING today except a couple of loads of laundry that I HAD to do. DS's basketball jersey had to be washed for his game tonight. Otherwise I would just sit here and do nothing today. Hey, where is the "butt flops" that Cindy was talking about? I need that today. LOL I did shop at Disneyshopping this morning though. Does that count for working?

DisneyMa
01-17-2008, 12:30 PM
At least you are pretending to get work done. I have done NOTHING today except a couple of loads of laundry that I HAD to do. DS's basketball jersey had to be washed for his game tonight. Otherwise I would just sit here and do nothing today. Hey, where is the "butt flops" that Cindy was talking about? I need that today. LOL I did shop at Disneyshopping this morning though. Does that count for working?

same here. just laundry to do. You did do some shopping, so you are ahead of me! I may have to take a peek over at Disneyshopping:D

Let me know if the butt flops work!:rotfl: That sounds too easy to be true.

Congrats on booking a second trip! And a girls weekend at that! Hope everything works out for you.

Magical JenK
01-17-2008, 01:07 PM

Awesome!! Thanks!!

Angela-Laundry is work...so much so it takes me all weekend & I dread it...and there's only two of us!! DH is the kind of person that if he wears a sweatshirt once it's in the laundry...tshirt/undies/socks...I totally agree...but a sweatshirt? Come on! I can get a good 3 wears out of one before it starts to walk on its own...why can't he??

Oh I know why...cuz he doesn't do the laundry!! When we first got married I thought it was "fun" to do something like laundry for him. I even called it the "laundry fairy"...well that novelty QUICKLY wore off after I realized the laundry fairy never visited unless I was home....rude.

linanglab
01-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Awesome!! Thanks!!

Angela-Laundry is work...so much so it takes me all weekend & I dread it...and there's only two of us!! DH is the kind of person that if he wears a sweatshirt once it's in the laundry...tshirt/undies/socks...I totally agree...but a sweatshirt? Come on! I can get a good 3 wears out of one before it starts to walk on its own...why can't he??

Oh I know why...cuz he doesn't do the laundry!! When we first got married I thought it was "fun" to do something like laundry for him. I even called it the "laundry fairy"...well that novelty QUICKLY wore off after I realized the laundry fairy never visited unless I was home....rude.

Laundry fairy LOL!!!!!!

LuvMyBoys
01-17-2008, 02:23 PM
My DH also would never DREAM of wearing anything more than once without throwing it in the laundry :confused:

And of course he needs to have his pants folded along the creases (even jeans!), and his shirts folded a certain way, and even his underwear and socks folded a certain way!! :eek:

But when he does laundry he just grabs it all out of the dryer and tosses it into a big pile. I guess he's waiting on that laundry fairy to come and fold it all for him! Instead he gets me yelling at him that making a big wrinkly pile of laundry is not "doing" laundry at all b/c then I have to redo it to get the darn wrinkles out!! :rotfl:

bs4free
01-17-2008, 03:01 PM
WOOT Jen congrats on a double trip in 2008, I did that in 2005 July then Sep IT was Great! Have fun!

Mom2aPrincess
01-17-2008, 03:21 PM
That sounds so awesome Jen. I think we're going back in August. We stayed at Pop in December and LOVED it so I plan to go back there in August. Cameron, my dd7, even told me that she only wanted to stay at Pop! :love: You'll have a blast. I have tons of pics at home I can post too if you are interested. There is a lot to see so make sure you plan some down time to explore the grounds.

Magical JenK
01-17-2008, 03:23 PM
You guys...I need help...DH said no! It's "our" place!?! I want to cry. He said I could go for a girls weekend & then I said well Amy & I are of course thinking Disney & he said no, you can't go there. I asked him if he would be mad & he said yes.

Now jealous I can understand (I'd be jealous too if he were going to Disney w/o me), but mad?! I need to convince him...there's really only his feelings that can stop me...I have my money to pay for it, it's not a money issue....oh I want to cry...

HELP!! How can I convince him???

LuvMyBoys
01-17-2008, 03:27 PM
You guys...I need help...DH said no! It's "our" place!?! I want to cry. He said I could go for a girls weekend & then I said well Amy & I are of course thinking Disney & he said no, you can't go there. I asked him if he would be mad & he said yes.

Now jealous I can understand (I'd be jealous too if he were going to Disney w/o me), but mad?! I need to convince him...there's really only his feelings that can stop me...I have my money to pay for it, it's not a money issue....oh I want to cry...

I had the same problem with DH last year when I told him that was where we were going. Then I talked to him about how that was the best destination for us b/c it was safe, didn't have to worry about a rental car, etc. and it was a good choice for young women travelling alone. So I played on the "safety" strings of his heart.

But I had an ace up my sleeve, I reminded him that he has gone to WDW at least 3 times by HIMSELF alone when he used to go down there for work. So I shouldn't have to feel guilty about it! :)

I hope you guys can work it out. Maybe he could do a weekend there with friends/family/or even alone at some point too??

icartjetta
01-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Crying very loudly for a long time might help!:rotfl:
I'm sure you can think of something!:cooldance:

bs4free
01-17-2008, 03:30 PM

How about its a reseach trip for a special surpirse for you both when you go down? Step 2 is find something special to do when you go back!

LuvMyBoys
01-17-2008, 03:36 PM
You could always play the wife card.......you know pull out all the tricks to get what you want.;)

It's been known to work wonders around my house. :rotfl:

cglaura
01-17-2008, 04:10 PM
That sounds like so much fun! I've stayed at POP, love it, busses are great as others have said, the food court is actually pretty good, very large so it never seems over-crowded.

As for the hubby...I'd play the safety card too. I mean, really would he rather you be hanging out in some swanky bar on an island around a bunch of buff guys or romping around w/ Pooh Bear?? :rotfl: But joking aside, I'd think it would be so much safer/easier/familiar.

Good luck!

linanglab
01-17-2008, 04:12 PM
You could always play the wife card.......you know pull out all the tricks to get what you want.;)

Yeah...that tends to work on MOST things.

Jen, I am hoping he lets you go. BELIEVE me I understand DH saying "No". But if my DH would let me go, there has to be a way for your DH to change his mind and say yes. Can maybe he come at the end of your trip for 1 day or so? Then it wouldn't be SOOO bad for him, or at the beginning?

From experience....do NOT yell at him and get mad at him. That will only make things worse. Just state your side and tell him you REALLY want to go and the reasons why. I have found that being kind and calm works best with my DH. Of course I am not a yeller. More of a sulker.....Though, sulking only irritates DH. But I can't help it. However, I try to handle things rationally while I am DYING inside.

Let us know how it goes....Crossing my fingers!

m4travels
01-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Oh, heck... tell him this laundry fairy will come over and whack him in the head!

linanglab
01-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Oh, heck... tell him this laundry fairy will come over and whack him in the head!

Dude....LOL!!!! Are you volunteering????

Magical JenK
01-17-2008, 04:53 PM
But when he does laundry he just grabs it all out of the dryer and tosses it into a big pile. I guess he's waiting on that laundry fairy to come and fold it all for him! Instead he gets me yelling at him that making a big wrinkly pile of laundry is not "doing" laundry at all b/c then I have to redo it to get the darn wrinkles out!! :rotfl:

Oh yes, I have this issue too! Sometimes I get so mad that I just leave his stuff in there to wrinkle all the more, just to teach him a lesson! Ha! I really know how to stick it to him don't I?!

How about its a reseach trip for a special surpirse for you both when you go down? Step 2 is find something special to do when you go back!

Good, good...I like it....keep them coming...

Ok, ok, I see where you're going with this....you want me to pull an Angela! Got it...ok, ok....

As for the hubby...I'd play the safety card too. I mean, really would he rather you be hanging out in some swanky bar on an island around a bunch of buff guys or romping around w/ Pooh Bear?? :rotfl: But joking aside, I'd think it would be so much safer/easier/familiar.

Good luck!

Yes, safety w/Pooh...I like it...ok....

LOL! This is the best yet!! Yeah, that's just what he needs a whack in the head!

m 'n c
01-17-2008, 05:39 PM

I think a little black number from VS might do :angel:

Give him some other options like going to NYC and taking the subway all over (Mike would freak) or Vegas (would he worry about that one??) South Beach in Fl?? Any of those work??

Hedy
01-17-2008, 05:41 PM
I think a little black number from VS might do :angel:

Give him some other options like going to NYC and taking the subway all over (Mike would freak) or Vegas (would he worry about that one??) South Beach in Fl?? Any of those work??

You know, South Beach would be full of college guys. I hope they wouldn't ruin you and your friend's time. ;) :angel: :angel: Might present that concern to DH.

ligrumpygirl
01-17-2008, 05:50 PM
What dates are you going? Tell him you are not going down for a girl's weekend...you are going to help out a SR friend and babysit her kids (MINE!). We will be there April 19-25 so I will vouch for you...yes of course she babysat, yes of course she played with the kids! haha

OR you can say there is a very important SR meeting with Traci, Cindy and I for a big SR event!

Anything here help? Probably not but I'll keep thinking!

icartjetta
01-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Good idea Janet. Jen, it's a VIP meeting.:)

m 'n c
01-17-2008, 07:20 PM
You could always come and visit me in "houston" Just don't use your cc for anything while you are there. :)

wilsonfamily4
01-17-2008, 07:36 PM
This thread has me smiling. Sorry Jen
Husbands. Sometimes they think and act like toddlers. MINE! stomping of feet.
It is kind of sweet, in an annoying way, that he thinks if it as "yours."
I have no wise words to help you get your weekend. But your husband sounds really sweet from things you have said in the past. So I am thinking if you give him some time and slowly cox him he will come around.

spring
01-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Heck, I wouldn't make up excuses. It's your own money, you have frequent flyer miles, and the only other expenses would be for the hotel, food and tickets. It's selfish of him to deprive you of this pleasure. I'd just tell him that this is something you feel strongly about and that you are going to do. However, I've been married for 35 years and feel comfortable with taking that position with my husband. It's worked before for me.........:angel:

linanglab
01-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Oh yes, I have this issue too! Sometimes I get so mad that I just leave his stuff in there to wrinkle all the more, just to teach him a lesson! Ha! I really know how to stick it to him don't I?!

Good, good...I like it....keep them coming...

Ok, ok, I see where you're going with this....you want me to pull an Angela! Got it...ok, ok....

Yes, safety w/Pooh...I like it...ok....

LOL! This is the best yet!! Yeah, that's just what he needs a whack in the head!

Pull an Angela.....LOL!!! DH would wish I would pull an Angela more often! Angela doesn't come around as much as she should.:angel:

wilsonfamily4
01-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Pull an Angela.....LOL!!! DH would wish I would pull an Angela more often! Angela doesn't come around as much as she should.:angel:

I am so there with you. But I am not sure I should use the word "Angela" in the bedroom. :) There should be only one female name mentioned in there. :) MINE:rotfl:

linanglab
01-17-2008, 08:59 PM
I am so there with you. But I am not sure I should use the word "Angela" in the bedroom. :) There should be only one female name mentioned in there. :) MINE:rotfl:

Yeah....that would ruin the mood REAL quick!

bs4free
01-17-2008, 09:50 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I think i need a list of all the names we are using on SR to call "IT"

Magical JenK
01-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Heck, I wouldn't make up excuses. It's your own money, you have frequent flyer miles, and the only other expenses would be for the hotel, food and tickets. It's selfish of him to deprive you of this pleasure. I'd just tell him that this is something you feel strongly about and that you are going to do. However, I've been married for 35 years and feel comfortable with taking that position with my husband. It's worked before for me.........:angel:

Pat-I love you! You're so right! Will you call DH & tell him this?! :p The later in the day it gets the angrier I get!! I should just TELL him I'm going, period. Afterall, I would never tell him he can't go. Sure I'd be sad I wasn't going, but it's not my fault he doesn't have Disney freak friends like me!!

We've only been married 1/5 of the time you have & I don't feel comfortable taking that position w/him just yet w/o the consequences that resemble a toddler...just like Dee said!! I have, however, learned in the 7 years of marriage that sometimes you have to pick your battles & this one it just didn't seem like a battle I wanted to pick via phone today...

I am so there with you. But I am not sure I should use the word "Angela" in the bedroom. :) There should be only one female name mentioned in there. MINE:rotfl:

Oh I don't know...some DH's MAY be into another name!! You could be Angela & DH could be George (as in Clooney!! oooh la la!!)!! ha ha ha ha!

Thanks everyone for your advice & not your flames! I really appreciate all of you so much!!

spring
01-18-2008, 08:10 AM
Pat-I love you! You're so right! Will you call DH & tell him this?! :p The later in the day it gets the angrier I get!! I should just TELL him I'm going, period. Afterall, I would never tell him he can't go. Sure I'd be sad I wasn't going, but it's not my fault he doesn't have Disney freak friends like me!!

We've only been married 1/5 of the time you have & I don't feel comfortable taking that position w/him just yet w/o the consequences that resemble a toddler...just like Dee said!! I have, however, learned in the 7 years of marriage that sometimes you have to pick your battles & this one it just didn't seem like a battle I wanted to pick via phone today...

Oh I don't know...some DH's MAY be into another name!! You could be Angela & DH could be George (as in Clooney!! oooh la la!!)!! ha ha ha ha!

Thanks everyone for your advice & not your flames! I really appreciate all of you so much!!

Oh, Jen, I'd love to have a CHAT with him and put things into perspective. However, that kind of chat I have in mind calls for face to face, so my nonverbal communication could settle him into a "listening mood.":rotfl: Honestly, you've been married for 7 years - that's nothing to sneeze at- and you know him best and how to overcome his objections. And as you said, you need to pick your battles. It all depends how important this trip is to you whether it is worth fighting over. Good luck with whatever you do!

LuvMyBoys
01-18-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm sure if you just give him a little time, he will come around. :) My DH is like a spoiled toddler too when he doesn't get his own way or when I mention going to WDW without him.......it just takes a little while for him to get used to the idea and then he's fine.

I also spend that time reminding him about all the trips he's taken to places that I would've liked to have gone, all the "toys" he buys for himself, etc. Really I don't buy or do half as much stuff for myself as he does for himself, kwim??

I also bribed him with all the things I would be bringing back from WDW for him and promised not to go to Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom since those are "our" parks. :)

Whatever works!!! :rotfl:

Magical JenK
01-18-2008, 01:58 PM
The problem is that he doesn't go anywhere!! EVER! Past nor present...I can't use that one! He goes on one trip a year w/me...although this year he & my dad are planning a bike trip to CO & back...so that's why I thought...hmmm...if you're going to CO, I'll plan a trip too! But don't know if that will really happen...I mean, that means someone is going to have to actually plan something!!

Not my fault my dad doesn't want to take the bikes to Disney is it?

And he really doesn't buy himself toys! He has one toy..the bike & that's it. But I guess that's enough isn't it?? Hmmmm....

His birthday is a week after I'd be getting back so I could get him something EXTRA special while we're there!! :0)

LuvMyBoys
01-18-2008, 02:08 PM
The problem is that he doesn't go anywhere!! EVER! Past nor present...I can't use that one! He goes on one trip a year w/me...although this year he & my dad are planning a bike trip to CO & back...so that's why I thought...hmmm...if you're going to CO, I'll plan a trip too! But don't know if that will really happen...I mean, that means someone is going to have to actually plan something!!

And he really doesn't buy himself toys! He has one toy..the bike & that's it. But I guess that's enough isn't it?? Hmmmm....

His birthday is a week after I'd be getting back so I could get him something EXTRA special while we're there!! :0)

Ok, after reading all of that I don't feel very sorry for you anymore!! :rotfl: DH sounds like a dream!! No toys (just the one), doesn't spend a bunch on things for himself, rarely takes trips with friends or alone..................Oh!! Now I remember! You guys don't have kids so may be he doesn't feel the need to get away as much as my DH does!! :rotfl:

Seriously Jen, I'm sure he will come around. :)

spring
01-18-2008, 02:10 PM

Now you're talking, Jen! Keep going.........with this line of thought, I see you on your Disney trip. WTG, girl!:cooldance:

Magical JenK
01-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Ok, after reading all of that I don't feel very sorry for you anymore!! :rotfl: DH sounds like a dream!! No toys (just the one), doesn't spend a bunch on things for himself, rarely takes trips with friends or alone..................Oh!! Now I remember! You guys don't have kids so may be he doesn't feel the need to get away as much as my DH does!! :rotfl:

Seriously Jen, I'm sure he will come around. :)

I hope you're right!

But I know I've got it pretty good w/him...other than this toddler like "NO! MINE!" issue I have right now! He doesn't go out w/his friends much because they all have crazy hours, he doesn't NEED to watch sports, & he doesn't have toys...just the one.

:rotfl:

wilsonfamily4
01-18-2008, 02:29 PM
I hope you're right!

But I know I've got it pretty good w/him...other than this toddler like "NO! MINE!" issue I have right now! He doesn't go out w/his friends much because they all have crazy hours, he doesn't NEED to watch sports, & he doesn't have toys...just the one.

:rotfl:

I also have one of those wonderful husbands that rarely goes out with the guys and doesn't buy things for himself. I know I am blessed BUT that does not mean I shouldn't get to do these rare fun things, like go to WDW. So don't give up. He sounds like he loves you and usually that just means more time to get used to the idea of you going.
You could do the ol' "I will come back missing you more then ever and have a new appreciation for our love," blablabla. :)

linanglab
01-18-2008, 02:36 PM
I really do hope he comes around for you.

My DH does not go out with friends EVER. He doesn't have many toys either - except his BIG TV that he just got and the Wii (which is really our boys....DH has intercepted it! :rotfl: ) He does take a trip with the boys to a Notre Dame game every year, plus, this year, he is taking the boys out of school for March Madness. They will be spending a couple nights in Columbus. But for the most part, my DH wants to be home with the family.

I like the idea of agreeing maybe not going to a certain park, or something. However, if he would say no MK, I think I would NOT be happy....

Keep us up to date!

LuvMyBoys
01-18-2008, 02:48 PM
I really do hope he comes around for you.

My DH does not go out with friends EVER. He doesn't have many toys either - except his BIG TV that he just got and the Wii (which is really our boys....DH has intercepted it! :rotfl: ) He does take a trip with the boys to a Notre Dame game every year, plus, this year, he is taking the boys out of school for March Madness. They will be spending a couple nights in Columbus. But for the most part, my DH wants to be home with the family.

I like the idea of agreeing maybe not going to a certain park, or something. However, if he would say no MK, I think I would NOT be happy....

Keep us up to date!

Hmmm Angela.....maybe you could use that big tv and the march madness trip as the reasons that you and DD should get to take a quick trip to Disney :)

To be fair to DH, he is a musician so when he goes out with friends it's actually going to play music. Which he argues is not really "going out" b/c it's actually his "job". Just like the 3 times a year he has to go to Nashville and all the other places he goes to play shows, network, etc. My thought is that until it's making $$ instead of costing us $$, it's not a job!!! But I'm mean like that! :)

Magical JenK
01-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Aggghhh!! It's just getting worse!! Well better, but you know what I mean... :p My friend called Disney to see if she had a code for our dates & guess what, the dates that we want (April 16th-20th) w/POP prompted a "very special deal"!

Upgrade to Coronado Springs WITH dining for only $363.xx more TOTAL! Are you kidding me?! Moderate hotel, WITH dining for only $178 more each! Basically it's free dining!! They want us to bump up to CSR because the Values are getting filled & they give you a "special deal"!

Aggghhh!!! We did the math & honestly it's a no brainer...waters, CS lunches & a few TS dinners could easily cover the $178 & then some !!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: I need some pixie dust! Everything I have is crossed...but it's hard to type & see, so I'm going to stop that for now!

So if any of you are thinking of an April trip...try POP first & see if they give YOU the "very special deal"!

spring
01-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Aggghhh!! It's just getting worse!! Well better, but you know what I mean... :p My friend called Disney to see if she had a code for our dates & guess what, the dates that we want (April 16th-20th) w/POP prompted a "very special deal"!

Upgrade to Coronado Springs WITH dining for only $363.xx more TOTAL! Are you kidding me?! Moderate hotel, WITH dining for only $178 more each! Basically it's free dining!! They want us to bump up to CSR because the Values are getting filled & they give you a "special deal"!

Aggghhh!!! We did the math & honestly it's a no brainer...waters, CS lunches & a few TS dinners could easily cover the $178 & then some !!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: I need some pixie dust! Everything I have is crossed...but it's hard to type & see, so I'm going to stop that for now!

So if any of you are thinking of an April trip...try POP first & see if they give YOU the "very special deal"!

Sounds promising! A great deal! Good luck!

bs4free
01-18-2008, 05:12 PM
JEn, you got a VSP you have to take it NOW!!!!

linanglab
01-18-2008, 05:34 PM

Take it! Can't you cancel without penalty? That way you at least got the deal!

Magical JenK
01-18-2008, 07:10 PM
JEn, you got a VSP you have to take it NOW!!!!

Have you heard of them before or are you making an acroymn for my Very Special Deal!!?? :0) My friend did put a courtesy hold on it...it's such a good deal!! So we have 2 weeks to come up w/the deposit.

Take it! Can't you cancel without penalty? That way you at least got the deal!

We have until March 2nd to cancel w/no penalty........YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bs4free
01-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Have you heard of them before or are you making an acroymn for my Very Special Deal!!?? :0) My friend did put a courtesy hold on it...it's such a good deal!! So we have 2 weeks to come up w/the deposit.

We have until March 2nd to cancel w/no penalty........YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No I just made it up VSP Very special Package/price for your very special deal, Now that i think about it more, i have heard of Disney offering special deals to people to change or book something other then what they wanted! I know some people at pop last year during free dining got free upgrades to a stuido or 1bedroom cant remember at SSR becuase they had over booked POP for the dates of the trip! So disney i think does do special packages to get you out of a value to some of the other resorts that have low bookings! so they can book more people in the values and still have enough people at the other resorts to make them worth running!

But i second the idea book now get refund later if you have to change or cant go, But i very much hope you get your Disney Trip!

chipndale
01-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Oh Jen I just finished getting caught up and I do hope that DH changes his mind. I can tell you that it is best to try and stay calm and just talk to him. When my dad could go to Disney in December and I had the chance to take his place, DH was not very happy. DH is the stay at home type. He likes to spend time with the kids. So once we figured out "special" things that he could do while I was away with the kids, it helped ease his mind. I even called his best friend and asked him to keep bugging him about going out after work for a drink. The day that we were leaving was hard for Dh and I tried not to show my excitement too much. I was bubbling inside but I tried to remain calm and cool. I hope that you can convince DH that Disney is a safe place to go.

JillyFish
01-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Oh gosh Jen! You must be on pins and needles waiting to see if this is going to work out. Crossing my fingers for you!!!!

Magical JenK
02-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Let the dancing begin!! :cooldance: Talked to DH tonight & he's changed his mind!! I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD IN APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited! It's going to be so much fun!

I explained to him that after researching & looking into all the options not only is this the cheapest, but the safest place for my friend & me to go to! And while Disney is "our place" it wouldn't at all be the same kind of trip! We're going to do things DH & I wouldn't...like go to the parks in the morning!! :0) He agreed & now the count down must begin! I think it's like 57 days away!!

:cooldance: Yipppeeeee!! Thanks everyone for your wise words of wisdom a few weeks ago! It really gave me the mental support I needed, you guys are the best! :hugs:

spring
02-20-2008, 06:57 AM
Let the dancing begin!! :cooldance: Talked to DH tonight & he's changed his mind!! I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD IN APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited! It's going to be so much fun!

I explained to him that after researching & looking into all the options not only is this the cheapest, but the safest place for my friend & me to go to! And while Disney is "our place" it wouldn't at all be the same kind of trip! We're going to do things DH & I wouldn't...like go to the parks in the morning!! :0) He agreed & now the count down must begin! I think it's like 57 days away!!

:cooldance: Yipppeeeee!! Thanks everyone for your wise words of wisdom a few weeks ago! It really gave me the mental support I needed, you guys are the best! :hugs:

Hey, congrats! I'm so happy for you! :cooldance:

spring
02-20-2008, 07:02 AM

Hey, congrats! I'm so happy for you! :cooldance:

linanglab
02-20-2008, 08:24 AM
YIPPEE!!!!!! Let the excitment begin!

JillyFish
02-20-2008, 09:55 AM
YIPPEEEEEE!!!! Wow, only 57 days? You better get planning Girl!! :cooldance:

Okay, I'm officially green with envy!! :angel:

disney_girl
02-20-2008, 09:59 AM
That's so awesome Jen!!! You are going to have a wonderful time!!

We normally go in Feb and Oct, but with the baby being born in Dec, we cancelled our Feb plans. This weekend at lunch, DH said if he can get work to carry over his vacation past March, we can go in MAY :cooldance: !!! I'm trying to wait patiently for him to get an answer from work but I'm ready to start planning!! Actually I have Tricia to thank for posting the Airtran specials- that and my Disney GC from the last big cashout were probably the things that convinced him!!! (Oh and DS3 saying almost daily that he wants to go to Disney LOL).

Have a great time planning!!!!:sunshine:

ligrumpygirl
02-20-2008, 10:00 AM
YEAH!! :cooldance: So happy for you!! What are your official dates?? I will be there April 19-25th. Maybe we can get Traci in for a night of a few drinks...along with anybody else who will be there!

icartjetta
02-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Jen, I'm so happy for you, we can have that birthday drink a few months early!:)

icartjetta
02-20-2008, 10:01 AM
YEAH!! :cooldance: So happy for you!! What are your official dates?? I will be there April 19-25th. Maybe we can get Traci in for a night of a few drinks...along with anybody else who will be there!

Janet, great minds do think alike!:rotfl:

pbhall13
02-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Good for you Jen...........you will have so much fun............and I love the trips that you don't have 'as much time' to plan, because you end up doing some things that you wouldn't normally do and you find new 'loves' or 'must do' rides/sites/etc. for your next 'planned' trip!

have fun!

Pamela

wilsonfamily4
02-20-2008, 12:43 PM
I am so glad for you Jen. I kind f figured from all the great things you said about your hubby that he would eventually change his mind. I am glad you were patient and it paid off. :) So cool. i wish I was going in 57 days. That is going to fly by. WOOHOO

LuvMyBoys
02-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah Jen!!! :cooldance: I'm so excited for you! I just got my DH to agree to me and my little sis heading down to WDW for a weekend in March! :) The safety thing always convinces him :p

I'm so happy that you get your girls trip! I can't wait for the report and of course, the pics! :rotfl:

Mom2aPrincess
02-20-2008, 03:10 PM

:cooldance: Congratulations Jen!! I hope you have a great time!!! Wish I could go back that soon!!

Magical JenK
02-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks everyone! Yeah, I'm really, really excited!!

Yeah Jen!!! :cooldance: I'm so excited for you! I just got my DH to agree to me and my little sis heading down to WDW for a weekend in March! The safety thing always convinces him :p

I'm so happy that you get your girls trip! I can't wait for the report and of course, the pics!
Awesome!! Have fun on YOUR trip! It will be here FAST!!!

I am so glad for you Jen. I kind f figured from all the great things you said about your hubby that he would eventually change his mind. I am glad you were patient and it paid off. :) So cool. i wish I was going in 57 days. That is going to fly by. WOOHOO

I'm glad you were right!! :sunshine:

howdyfrtx
02-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Yippeee...have a great time....57 days isn't that far away.

Hedy
02-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Woohoo! :sunshine: :sunshine: