PDA

View Full Version : Goal - Another $500 for Disney

29apr00
03-27-2011, 12:57 PM
We are heading down to Disney the last week of September for the Food and Wine 1/2 marathon! I've got $365 now and I would love to have another $500 by then. For a paypal deposit on 9/15, I'll need to cash out on 8/15, correct??

4-1/2 months to make $500.........doable if I keep up with my survey's. I think i figured it out to be about $2.90/day. I'm just going to keep chugging along!!

kristenrice
03-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Good Luck! I'm right there with you:hugs:.

I'm heading to F&W in October with my DSiL so all of my SR money between now and then goes to my food budget. The more SR I earn, the more Grey Goose slushies I can enjoy:trink4:.

We leave for HHI in 5 days, but I am hoping to keep up on my surveys. I've been very successful in tethering my laptop to my phone so that I can have moble internet while we're on the road. I'm hoping to do surveys while DH is driving.

29apr00
03-28-2011, 08:14 AM
OMG that is a great idea!!! I know some phones can do that, and I think the one i was looking at upgrading to in August can do it! I will definatly have to look into it, especially if that means I don't have to pay for Disney's internet!

m 'n c
03-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Good luck! I am trying to hit $105 by April 15th. I'm at $49 right now. We'll see what happens :)

Three4Me
03-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Good Morning! I just have to say that you ladies are amazing!!!!!:party:

kristenrice
03-28-2011, 10:56 PM
OMG that is a great idea!!! I know some phones can do that, and I think the one i was looking at upgrading to in August can do it! I will definatly have to look into it, especially if that means I don't have to pay for Disney's internet!

You can tether a BlackBerry or Android phone using the Tether app. I have an Android phone (Samsung Epic 4G from Sprint) and I just downloaded the app from the Android market. Then, I downloaded the program onto my laptop from Tether.com. They offer a free trial and after that it is a one-time fee of $30. It is SO easy to use! Simply connect your phone to your laptop via a USB cord (I think you can connect via Bluetooth too, but my laptop is not Bluetooth enabled....it's old) and run the Tether app on your phone. Then, open the Tether program on your laptop. The connection is almost instant. Even though my phone has 4G capabilities, I am generally running on the 3G network. There is almost no difference in speed between when I tether and when I am connected to a wireless hotspot. The only thing that I have found difficult is streaming Netflix while I'm tethered. It is just too slow. But, that is the ONLY thing that I've noted to be a problem. When we're going down the road, my computer is plugged into my inverter and my phone stays charged through my computer. Not sure what happens if I get an incoming phone call....hasn't happened yet that I am aware of. I think it terminates the connection, but I'm not sure. I have no idea how much data I am using because I have an unlimited data plan and so I don't really care:rotfl:.

It came in handy during our ice storm. We lost our cable/internet and I was able to keep on going with my surveys....just plugged in my tether cable and I was on my way:D.

29apr00
03-29-2011, 08:11 AM
wow....i think you were speaking a foreign language there!! :rotfl: I'll have to get DH to do that for me!! the only thing I got out of that was Android....and I think the LG Vortex or Ally that I'm lookig at are both Android powered. so I should be good to go.

kristenrice
03-30-2011, 12:32 PM
wow....i think you were speaking a foreign language there!! :rotfl: I'll have to get DH to do that for me!! the only thing I got out of that was Android....and I think the LG Vortex or Ally that I'm lookig at are both Android powered. so I should be good to go.

Sorry:blush:...it is a lot easier than I made it sound:). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

jennifers
04-06-2011, 10:00 PM
WOW! You all are doing a great job! I'm not worthy :clap:

I too am trying to earn for Disney. We are going the last week in September as we have every year. I just signed up with Sunshine Rewards about 2 weeks ago and have over $23 so far.
My dream is to get to $500 by the time of our trip but I will settle for a couple hundred dollars.

Do most of you cash out with PayPal or go the route of Disney gift cards?
We stay on property the whole time so the gift cards really get put to use.

29apr00
04-06-2011, 10:07 PM
hi Jennifer.....welcome and great job getting started!! We'll be there the last week of september too!!

My 1st cashout will be for $500 for a disney gift card. then whatever I make between then and 8/15 when I have to cash out will go to paypal for cash when we are there.

lswheatly
04-07-2011, 03:46 PM

I too am trying to earn for Disney. We are going the last week in September as we have every year. I just signed up with Sunshine Rewards about 2 weeks ago and have over $23 so far.
My dream is to get to $500 by the time of our trip but I will settle for a couple hundred dollars.

When I know that I am going to Disney, I cash out for Disney Cards. Any other time, I do paypal.

PSL1013
04-07-2011, 04:07 PM

Welcome, you are off to a great start. I've been here since almost the beginning of SR and I always cash out for the Disney GC and I wait until I have $500 in my account before cashing out. I'm taking two $500 GC with me in May when we go, it pays for all our food and anything extra that we want. I do have a paypal account but I would rather have that card in my hand to show my DH the reason why I spend so much time on my computer!!! :rotfl:

spring
04-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Welcome, you are off to a great start. I've been here since almost the beginning of SR and I always cash out for the Disney GC and I wait until I have $500 in my account before cashing out. I'm taking two $500 GC with me in May when we go, it pays for all our food and anything extra that we want. I do have a paypal account but I would rather have that card in my hand to show my DH the reason why I spend so much time on my computer!!! :rotfl:

I do the same thing to impress my DH, lol! I haven't been to WDW since 8/09, so I've been cashing out sine then. I am awaiting the arrival of my newest $250 cashout to bring me up to $1000 for our next trip, date as yet undetermined.

PSL1013
04-07-2011, 04:22 PM
I do the same thing to impress my DH, lol! I haven't been to WDW since 8/09, so I've been cashing out sine then. I am awaiting the arrival of my newest $250 cashout to bring me up to $1000 for our next trip, date as yet undetermined.

May I suggest a date for you....April 29-May 6, 2012...if we could talk Kathie into the same, we could have a mini New England meet at WDW!! :D

brandiramirez
04-08-2011, 08:08 AM
I am going to join in the $500 mark goal, not sure if I will get it either though. We are going in August and I have $200 right now in my account. So I am going to try my best to get there, I will even be happy with $400. I love sunshine rewards its so nice to be able to splurge when we go to Disney and not have to worrry about how much everything costs since it kind of seems like free money ha ha. Having that $500 gift card makes you forget about all the survey fustration from time to time. :rotfl: Just makes our Disney trips all the more memorable.:party:

~Kathie
04-08-2011, 05:34 PM
May I suggest a date for you....April 29-May 6, 2012...if we could talk Kathie into the same, we could have a mini New England meet at WDW!! :D

That might be doable. :D Are you staying at the Beach Club??

m 'n c
04-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Good luck! I am trying to hit $105 by April 15th. I'm at $49 right now. We'll see what happens :)

OMG I hit my goal and some!! My DirecTV credit pended today with a due date of Jan 28th. I am so excited!!!:banana:

PSL1013
04-08-2011, 05:51 PM
That might be doable. :D Are you staying at the Beach Club??

Yes, we are staying at the BCV, well I hope to anyway....this is for 2012 and obviously it hasn't been booked yet but hopefully I won't have any problems getting it, I'll be on that phone right at 11 months out and I'll have to book the first 7 days and then do it day by day for the rest. PITA

It would be great if we could actually do this, even if it's just a few days and anyone else down there then could join us. Might just be you, me and the guys! :D

~Kathie
04-08-2011, 06:14 PM
OMG I hit my goal and some!! My DirecTV credit pended today with a due date of Jan 28th. I am so excited!!!:banana:

Congratulations Cate!! That's awesome!

Yes, we are staying at the BCV, well I hope to anyway....this is for 2012 and obviously it hasn't been booked yet but hopefully I won't have any problems getting it, I'll be on that phone right at 11 months out and I'll have to book the first 7 days and then do it day by day for the rest. PITA

It would be great if we could actually do this, even if it's just a few days and anyone else down there then could join us. Might just be you, me and the guys! :D

Carla (disneygirl) and her family usually go around the first of May too. Been trying to catch up with her for years. We just never seem to be there at the same time. Planning ahead is good. :)

PSL1013
04-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Carla (disneygirl) and her family usually go around the first of May too. Been trying to catch up with her for years. We just never seem to be there at the same time. Planning ahead is good. :)

That would be great, the more the merrier!