PDA

View Full Version : Raglan Road?

Anna
01-18-2008, 02:18 AM
Read through the menu and this one sounds really good at Downtown Disney. Anyone tried it? Thinking of doing lunch there one day on our upcoming trip. :)

wdwabby
01-18-2008, 09:56 AM
YES! Do it if you're able to get an ADR. My parents and I went on our September trip and loved it.

The food overall was fantasic - Appetizer wise, I don't remember what my parents had, but I had the drunk chicken, which was delicious - and if you're not on the dining plan, was definitely enough for a meal in and of itself. For dinners, I had the Salmon of Knowledge, dad had Kevin's Heavenly Hash and mom had a stew that I can't think of the name of right now. Dessert was 2 orders of bread pudding (which my parents crave to this day they said it was SOOOOO amazing) and I had Irish Creme Brulee that was fabulous.

The restuarant is beautiful and the atmosphere is great. The entertainment in the evening is around 8 - they have a live band and an Irish dancer. However, it can be hard to get a table in the area where they perform, so I would recommend getting your ADR a bit before then and trying to get a notation on your ADR that you would like to be in view of the band and dancer.

I would go there again in a heartbeat!

EDIT: just realized you're thinking lunch, so there might not be the live band and dancer, but it would still be wonderful!

m 'n c
01-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the review Abby. I was wondering about this restaurant as well as I've heard mixed reviews.

linanglab
01-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Is this an adult type restaurant, or is it for families?

svwkirby
01-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Raglan Road at least for lunch and early dinner times is good for families. I've never been in there after 6:00 so I don't know how it gets later than that.

Anna
01-18-2008, 09:05 PM
YES! Do it if you're able to get an ADR. My parents and I went on our September trip and loved it.

The food overall was fantasic - Appetizer wise, I don't remember what my parents had, but I had the drunk chicken, which was delicious - and if you're not on the dining plan, was definitely enough for a meal in and of itself. For dinners, I had the Salmon of Knowledge, dad had Kevin's Heavenly Hash and mom had a stew that I can't think of the name of right now. Dessert was 2 orders of bread pudding (which my parents crave to this day they said it was SOOOOO amazing) and I had Irish Creme Brulee that was fabulous.

The restuarant is beautiful and the atmosphere is great. The entertainment in the evening is around 8 - they have a live band and an Irish dancer. However, it can be hard to get a table in the area where they perform, so I would recommend getting your ADR a bit before then and trying to get a notation on your ADR that you would like to be in view of the band and dancer.

I would go there again in a heartbeat!

EDIT: just realized you're thinking lunch, so there might not be the live band and dancer, but it would still be wonderful!

Thank you so much for your review. It sounds wonderful! Cannot wait to try it. I will see if the band/dancer are there at lunch. Thanks for the tips!:)

Kycha
01-19-2008, 12:41 AM
Unfortunately, the entertainment is only at night. Starts around 9pm, nightly. When we went in 2006, our reservations(ADR) were for 8pm and by the time our dessert was being brought out the entertainment had started. We ended up in the main dining room, right next to the dancer's table. There were plenty of children there. And I must recommend the Bread and Butter pudding...it is fantastic!

http://www.raglanroadirishpub.com/

pbhall13
01-19-2008, 02:01 AM
I do recommend it............went there in November with dd8 & dd4(at the time)........they really enjoyed it and so did I. I second the drunken chicken and Irish Creme Brulee!!! I am drooling right now at the thought!

WE had a reservation for 6, so we were early enough that it wasn't overly crowded....would have loved to hear the music (especially if it is traditional irish music).........but it was too early

have fun!

linanglab
01-19-2008, 08:04 AM
I will have to add this to our list of restaurants to try next time...in 1 1/2 years....:( ! Sounds yummy!

LCS3
02-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Our DD5 loved the Irish Dancer! She pretended to be an Irish Dancer the rest of the trip! However it does get very crowded the closer to 9pm. Many people come in and hang around the bars to watch the band/dancer. We had ADR at 8pm and hung at our table for the entertainment to begin. The food is authentic Irish, very good. However, it can be a hit or miss depending our your individual palate.

m 'n c
04-12-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm so glad between the photo pics on the DIS and this thread that I found it in time. I just called and made a ressie for Raglan Road for our Sept trip. It looks & sounds so yummy!