PDA

View Full Version : Rules for different members and computer use?

wendyburger
01-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Hello! I'm a newbie here (thanks to whoever posted the link on ears to ears email) Anyways, I was telling my mom about SR and she is also interested. We love the idea of being paid with rewards that we can ONLY use at Disney. (We try and go to WDW at least a couple times a year and we're from WA!) Ok, back to my question....our house is wireless and has, at any one time, maybe 4 computers connected to the wireless router. As of now, I am the only member signing on from the house. BUT if my mom comes over with her laptop and joins, would she be able to connect to our wireless and and sign on to SR with HER compter? Does my question make sense?

Thanks!

m 'n c
01-18-2008, 11:27 AM
No she will not be able to sign on at your house because advertisers and SR track by IP addresses and duplicate IPs are considered fraudulent activity by the advertisers paying SR for traffic to their sites. If both of you sign on at your house using your IP then your accounts will be flagged for fraud and deleted.

spring
01-18-2008, 11:31 AM
As Catherine says, you can't use the SR site. However, my daughter and I are both members of SR, also. We do not go on SR at each other's houses, but I did clarify with Tricia that it is okay to go on the forum to read or post messages. HTH Welcome to SR!:sunshine:

wendyburger
01-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the answers...we won't do that then. She wanted to see how it worked but I'll just show her on my account. Also, is there any problems getting credits if your using Vista as an operating system? I first signed up on my old computer which has XP Pro, but just switched over to my new computer that has vista ultimate. Heard of any problems? I've tried a few offers (the fast crediting offers) but haven't seen any credits yet....just wondering.

Thanks for the help

jnorth1007
01-18-2008, 05:59 PM
I haven't heard of any Vista issues but I would make sure that there aren't any settings that could be blocking your cookies. I don't know a darn thing about vista so I can't tell you how to check it but I am sure the help feature on Vista could. Just make sure you are set up to recieve third party cookies and make sure that your firewall isn't messing things up.

PSL1013
01-18-2008, 08:39 PM
I have Vista on my computer and I haven't been getting credits for any of the offers lately although I have gotten them in the past so it does work. I thought maybe that could be my problem of why things weren't crediting, so I tried doing an offer on another computer in the house that is XP and I still didn't get the credit! So, it must be me? :rotfl:

cherbear
01-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Hi Wendy....you're welcome! (I'm the one who posted the link on ears to ears) Glad to see you joined! I see your question has already been answered. This forum is great! Hope you enjoy SR. Just be careful not to get addicted like me....:rotfl:

wendyburger
01-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi Cheri! Too late...I already am addicted :love: We have a trip planned to WDW in May so I'm on a quest to see how many Disney gift cards I can get for spending money. :mickey:

So now another technical question...so you have to accept cookies. Now can you not clear them until you get the credit? How does the crediting work? Is your account creditted (not sure that's a word) even when you are not logged in or when you log in does it match up cookies you have on your computer in order to credit? Or is it a trade secret ;) I'm just curious so I can make sure I don't loose any credits by clearing cookies and such...

cherbear
01-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi Cheri! Too late...I already am addicted :love: We have a trip planned to WDW in May so I'm on a quest to see how many Disney gift cards I can get for spending money. :mickey:

So now another technical question...so you have to accept cookies. Now can you not clear them until you get the credit? How does the crediting work? Is your account creditted (not sure that's a word) even when you are not logged in or when you log in does it match up cookies you have on your computer in order to credit? Or is it a trade secret ;) I'm just curious so I can make sure I don't loose any credits by clearing cookies and such...

Great! LOL Wait for the next special cash out to order your gift cards, and that will give you a little lagniappe. (ie. 24 credits for $25 disney gift card)

I'm probably not the best person to ask about the cookies, but I can tell you that you don't have to be logged in to get your credits. It's always a nice surprise when you wake up to newly added credits from offers/surveys you did the day before! (especially on Mondays when the weekend survey credits post)

As far as clearing cookies...I assume that you can clear them once you complete an offer, but you know what assuming can do...:rotfl: Maybe someone else can offer a better answer?

m 'n c
01-19-2008, 03:30 PM

If you aren't logged into SR I don't think you can do anything to receive credits - shopping maybe but you won't get them since its not tracking your SR ID + the Cookie.

As far as clearing out goes if you over clear then you are going to have issues receiving credits. Most people clear out once every 24 or 48 hours.

Also note that it is not recommended to try to do alot of offers in one day (like more than 5-7 offers) and no more than 20 at most in a week. Lots of offers run through the same advertisers and databases and if they pick up on you doing too many at once you won't get credit either.

wendyburger
01-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Ahh...so your sunshining should be done from the same computer most of the time? Don't switch around on computers in the house....

Thanks! That answered some questions of mine

m 'n c
01-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Ahh...so your sunshining should be done from the same computer most of the time? Don't switch around on computers in the house....

Thanks! That answered some questions of mine

It doesn't matter the computer that you are on. Just make sure you sign into SR before doing anything on any computer otherwise your credits will get screwy.

3dog2kidmom
01-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Great! LOL Wait for the next special cash out to order your gift cards, and that will give you a little lagniappe. (ie. 24 credits for $25 disney gift card)

Cherbear, thank you for the new word! I hadn't heard that before so had to look it up. :)

cherbear
01-19-2008, 04:03 PM
If you aren't logged into SR I don't think you can do anything to receive credits - shopping maybe but you won't get them since its not tracking your SR ID + the Cookie.

I thought her question meant "could the credits be added to her account following her completion of the offer even if she logged off of SR AFTER completing the offer." (like when credits get added overnight) (don't want y'all to think I'm a complete moron b/c of my answer)

Also note that it is not recommended to try to do alot of offers in one day (like more than 5-7 offers) and no more than 20 at most in a week. Lots of offers run through the same advertisers and databases and if they pick up on you doing too many at once you won't get credit either.

I didn't know that. thanks for the tip!

Cherbear, thank you for the new word! I hadn't heard that before so had to look it up. :)

Ohh...I'm glad I gave you a new word! I live in Louisiana so I guess it's a word we use a little more often here. :)

m 'n c
01-19-2008, 05:48 PM
I thought her question meant "could the credits be added to her account following her completion of the offer even if she logged off of SR AFTER completing the offer." (like when credits get added overnight) (don't want y'all to think I'm a complete moron b/c of my answer)

Ok that makes more sense. I think there is a way to shop without signing in and I didn't want her to get confused on that end.

Alice28
01-23-2008, 11:40 AM
OK, here is a weird question. I have a good friend who will very likely be working on 'special' cash out day for Disney. She entrusted me with her SR name/password to cash out for her. (to be mailed to her address, etc, etc). Is this allowed? Since I am not EARNING anything for her, I just wasn't sure if she 'signed on' my computer if that would be OK. Thanks

m 'n c
01-23-2008, 11:42 AM
OK, here is a weird question. I have a good friend who will very likely be working on 'special' cash out day for Disney. She entrusted me with her SR name/password to cash out for her. (to be mailed to her address, etc, etc). Is this allowed? Since I am not EARNING anything for her, I just wasn't sure if she 'signed on' my computer if that would be OK. Thanks

Sorry Alice but that is not allowed. Logging in with her account on your computer will flag both of your accounts for fraud. Can you go to a library or her house to cash out for her?

cherbear
01-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Is she working over 12 hours? There will be a cash out in the morning, and then in the evening. Or does she have a computer at work that she can log into to cash out? (as long as no one else uses that computer for SR, she can)

Alice28
01-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Good to know- I will let her know it's a 'no can do'. And I will let her know there is likely an AM and PM cash out.