PDA

View Full Version : Disney DVDs

m 'n c
01-19-2008, 11:45 AM
I thought we'd just move out of the Disney DVD Express thread and create a new one to talk about the Disney movies as they get rereleased and subsequently put back into the vault.

So this year we have 101 Dalmations (Spring 08) coming out, The Aristocats (2/5), and Sleeping Beauty (October 08) and Aladdin & Cinderella (all parts) going in on 1/31. Anyone else know of anything being released or put up??

If anyone needs a list of all disney animated classics -> http://www.ultimatedisney.com/ultimateclassics.htm

jnorth1007
01-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I have been waiting for Aristocats. Grace's favorite character in the world is Marie and she had never even seen the movie before. I was able to get it onto my ipod for her so she could see it but it isn't so easy to watch a movie on that little screen. This is one I am defintely going to get.

m 'n c
01-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I just had to check and I don't think I have this one on DVD so I'm extra excited. I guess I need to check into DVD Express. I'm sure they'll have it.

Magical JenK
01-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks for starting this thread!

arob414
01-19-2008, 08:36 PM
I have been waiting for Aristocats. Grace's favorite character in the world is Marie and she had never even seen the movie before. I was able to get it onto my ipod for her so she could see it but it isn't so easy to watch a movie on that little screen. This is one I am defintely going to get.

Marie was my Grace's fave when she was little. I remember laying down with her, several days a wk, to watch the movie. I was pg with DD9 and always vy tired, so it took multiple showings for me to finally see the whole movie. Life seemed so peaceful, back then, lying on the floor, watching such a sweet movie. Now, it is Hannah Montana, Zoey 101, Drake and Josh, etc. over and over. Aristocats is one of those movie I have to get on dvd. Grace and Anna still have several Marie stuffed animals in their rooms.

Cinderella is being pulled the end of the month along with the other two Cinderellas.

m 'n c
01-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Oh forgot about Cinderella. I was able to find Aladdin at Walmart fully stocked if anyone else needs to run out and get it.

I loved Marie as well growing up. I hope she is still doing character greets in September.

bs4free
01-20-2008, 01:16 PM
To add to your list of disney Classics
Coming out: Sleeping Beauty: Platinum Edition October 7

arob414
01-20-2008, 08:27 PM
To add to your list of disney Classics
Coming out: Sleeping Beauty: Platinum Edition October 7

Sleeping Beauty is MY favorite childhood favorite. I don't know if I actually ever saw the movie, as a child, but I had the book and loved the little fairy godmothers.

askomsky
01-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Has anyone seen the other 2 Cinderella's? I heard/read horroible reviews on the 3rd one, and while I am trying to get them before they head to the vault, and I'm sure DD5 would love it no matter what, I just wanted someone else's thoughts.

I'll defintely be getting the ones released in 08, we don't have any of them.
What other Aladdin one is out? I'm a huge Aladdin fan (but it's bc I loved Robin Williams as the Genie), that's probably my favorite Disney movie.

linanglab
01-20-2008, 08:36 PM
I have to get all of them! I do have Aladdin and Cinderella already. But 101 Dalmations and Sleeping Beauty are a must!

Cinderella 1 & 2 are okay. DD likes them, so I guess that is what is important. I have not watched Cinderella 3 all the way through, but it did not look too bad. Cinderella 2 is really 2 mini Cinderella stories. I don't like it, but like I said, DD does. I like to get most of the Disney movies anyway, so I had to buy those. But otherwise, I think they weren't worth the $$. At least Cinderella 2 wasn't worth it.

Magical JenK
01-21-2008, 11:59 PM
K, went to TGT tonight after work & got Cinderella & Aladdin. I'll just change my DVD Express order to two other DVDs now! Thanks again for the heads up on these!! I would have really been bummed had I missed out.

Anyone know how long they keep videos "out of the vault"? Couple years?

bs4free
01-22-2008, 09:35 PM
The going into the valut is one of those things were it may only be gone 2 or 3 years or 10 or 15 years! But I think for the most part when the next major home media is fully supported they will be coming back!

Another thing disney sometimes quitley just stops makeing a dvd and it just goes in to OOP (Out of Print) it has not been put in the vault but it can not be bought either! So When in doubt with disney videos,dvd,blu-ray they have a title that you might even just want someday in the media type its best to buy it then!

Jen, Glad you got your titles before they were vaulted!

m 'n c
01-22-2008, 09:48 PM
I *think* the Disney rule of thumb is 7 years once it goes back into the vault. I think its because that is just about the time a new media format is widely adopted by the general public which then means we would all need to upgrade the movie from the previous format. I'm noticing I had a lot of these on VHS and now they are being "rereleased" on dvd/blu ray.

arob414
01-22-2008, 10:02 PM
I *think* the Disney rule of thumb is 7 years once it goes back into the vault. I think its because that is just about the time a new media format is widely adopted by the general public which then means we would all need to upgrade the movie from the previous format. I'm noticing I had a lot of these on VHS and now they are being "rereleased" on dvd/blu ray.

I "want" dvds to hang around for a long time. I am replacing my VHS with dvds and don't want to replace them. I want the dvds for my grandchildren to watch when Grandma is babysitting. We have tons of Disney videos but I am not replacing all of them, just our favorites.

m 'n c
01-22-2008, 10:07 PM
For some reason I'm not so worried about dvds becoming outdated. I remember the mini discs didn't go over well due to the size being too small so I'm thinking they finally found the right size and will just continue to tweak the lasers that read them. As long as they are all backward compatible I will be happy.

Mom2aPrincess
01-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Has anyone seen the other 2 Cinderella's? I heard/read horroible reviews on the 3rd one, and while I am trying to get them before they head to the vault, and I'm sure DD5 would love it no matter what, I just wanted someone else's thoughts.

I'll defintely be getting the ones released in 08, we don't have any of them.
What other Aladdin one is out? I'm a huge Aladdin fan (but it's bc I loved Robin Williams as the Genie), that's probably my favorite Disney movie.

I enjoyed the third one, but not so much the 2nd one...my dd7 loves them all though.

Mom2aPrincess
01-25-2008, 06:10 PM
The one I'm waiting on that I haven't seen on DVD is Snow White. I didnt' even think about it until our first trip to Disney and realized Cameron has never seen it. Sleeping Beauty is the other one so I'm glad it's coming out.

m 'n c
01-27-2008, 11:18 PM
The one I'm waiting on that I haven't seen on DVD is Snow White. I didnt' even think about it until our first trip to Disney and realized Cameron has never seen it. Sleeping Beauty is the other one so I'm glad it's coming out.

Snow White came out 3 or 4 years ago. You might be able to find it used on ebay.

Mom2aPrincess
01-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Snow White came out 3 or 4 years ago. You might be able to find it used on ebay.

Wow! I wonder how I missed it?! I'll have to look on ebay for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

m 'n c
01-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Wow! I wonder how I missed it?! I'll have to look on ebay for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

Probably just weren't thinking about it. Kinda like how I missed Beauty and the Beast a few years ago. :(

jnorth1007
01-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Catherine is there any chance we can keep an updated list on the first post of what is coming and going and when? I love this thread because I would surely miss these if not but I am having trouble keeping track LOL. If not it isn't an issue I will grab a pen and paper tomorrow and make a list. I am just lazy lately especially with not feeling well. Thanks!

m 'n c
01-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Catherine is there any chance we can keep an updated list on the first post of what is coming and going and when? I love this thread because I would surely miss these if not but I am having trouble keeping track LOL. If not it isn't an issue I will grab a pen and paper tomorrow and make a list. I am just lazy lately especially with not feeling well. Thanks!

No problems. I'll try to update when I see commericals/ads and if yall see anything let me know. I'm trying to stick with Animated Classics is that ok?

jnorth1007
01-27-2008, 11:38 PM
That is great and I really only meant that you could update the first post with the things that people are noting on here lol I don't want you to have to research this stuff. Just kinda throw out the name and date when people post them here.

wilsonfamily4
01-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Snow White came out in Oct 2001. I did not have any kids yet so I did not get it. I have been bummed about that ever since. But the good thing is that is like 6 years so maybe in four more it will come out again

Mom2aPrincess
01-27-2008, 11:41 PM
I guess. How weird though. I thought I'd been diligent about watching for the princess movies.

jnorth1007
01-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Snow White was our very first movie because it came out in 2001 and Callie was born in Nov of 2001. My cousin pre-ordered it for Callie and gave it to us for Christmas that year along with the lithographs. I have almost every movie that was able to be pre-ordered with lithographs. The movies have gotten messed up by now in most cases and need to be replaced but I have more lithographs then I could ever imagine. We have some with Monsters Inc, Nemo, Atlantis, Peter Pan, Cinderella and so many more. I keep saying that when we build our dream house with a play room I am going to have them all framed and hung all over the play room.

m 'n c
01-27-2008, 11:48 PM
I guess. How weird though. I thought I'd been diligent about watching for the princess movies.

Per the website that I use to check these things out on (posted in 1st post now) Snow White is available on Amazon.com and also rumor -> new Platinum Edition release possible for 2009 as well as Pinnochio and Fantasia.

askomsky
01-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Per the website that I use to check these things out on (posted in 1st post now) Snow White is available on Amazon.com and also rumor -> new Platinum Edition release possible for 2009 as well as Pinnochio and Fantasia.

Ohh need Snow White, have Pinnochio on VHS and Fanatsia got them when DS was born, but need to update to DVD.

DD5's teacher asked when we were going to Disney if they have "vault" movies to pick up snow white for her. I didn't think they would, but heck they should (and limit it to one per customer or something) that would be ONE way to get your down there! lol

m 'n c
03-06-2008, 12:08 AM
bumping up since I saw 101 Dalmations at the checkout tonight. Its got a shiny red cover.

linanglab
03-06-2008, 07:00 AM
I think I am going to have to sign back up on the DVD Express again. I have done it twice so far, and need to get 101 Dalmations, the last Pirates, and the Aristocrats.....I may wait until next quarter though. It is coming up in about 3 weeks!

Magical JenK
03-06-2008, 09:57 AM
I think I am going to have to sign back up on the DVD Express again. I have done it twice so far, and need to get 101 Dalmations, the last Pirates, and the Aristocrats.....I may wait until next quarter though. It is coming up in about 3 weeks!

You know...I have a niece's bday coming up....perhaps I should do the 3 pack for her & help my SR balance at the same time!! :angel: